X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2436914]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those who sit and idle in cars at training are idling your vehicles illegally. In CT the idle law is 3 minutes or a fine of 200 and people can call in and report vehicles. In NYC it is up to a 2,000 dollar fine. Why? Because it is emitting toxic fumes and contributes to greenhouse gases.

Those who are idling cars are doing so right next to the fields where the children are playing sport... releasing smog and pollutants into the air which they are breathing in ...putting them at risk of lung disease. When children exercise they are assimilating more and more of the pollutants into their bodies as opposed to if they were just sedentary.

As a community let's work together to stop car idling at practices and games. You don't need to poison everyone just to charge your cellphone. If it is not allowed at our children's schools, then it also should be prevented at the places where our children run and play.

As a community, let's work together to improve the environment for our children.[/QUOTE

Maybe you should talk to hypocrites like global warming heres Bernie Sanders and Al Gore. Bernie spent almost $500,000 on private jet flights during his campaign last year. The amount of carbon spewing from a PRIVATE JET is astronomical. Or Al Gore whose vast network of huge mansions and private jets make him the worlds #1 hypocrite.
    Please show me where the fine is $200 in CT. I see nothing.

Also, the law provides for multiple exemptions including;
    "when it is necessary to operate defrosting, heating or cooling equipment to ensure the safety or health of the driver or passengers,"

Sorrry officer, it was [hot/cold] and I was concerned for the health and safety of myself and/or my passengers

Yeh

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2436944]

Please show me where the fine is $200 in CT. I see nothing.

Also, the law provides for multiple exemptions including;
      "when it is necessary to operate defrosting, heating or cooling equipment to ensure the safety or health of the driver or passengers,"

Sorrry officer, it was [hot/cold] and I was concerned for the health and safety of myself and/or my passengers

Yeh
      We get it. Idle away brat.

Comment

Good idea! You clowns can't go a day without trying to dictate how people should live.
        Don't throw litter out the window clown.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2436947]

We get it. Idle away brat.
          Will do. Now you can focus on getting rid of all the cows and airplanes. Good luck!

Comment

Well actually the opposite is true

Those who sit and idle in cars at training are idling your vehicles illegally. In CT the idle law is 3 minutes or a fine of 200 and people can call in and report vehicles. In NYC it is up to a 2,000 dollar fine. Why? Because it is emitting toxic fumes and contributes to greenhouse gases.

Those who are idling cars are doing so right next to the fields where the children are playing sport... releasing smog and pollutants into the air which they are breathing in ...putting them at risk of lung disease. When children exercise they are assimilating more and more of the pollutants into their bodies as opposed to if they were just sedentary.

As a community let's work together to stop car idling at practices and games. You don't need to poison everyone just to charge your cellphone. If it is not allowed at our children's schools, then it also should be prevented at the places where our children run and play.

As a community, let's work together to improve the environment for our children.

When Im parked next to a field I especially keep my car running ( with straight pipes) .
            The exhaust fumes actually help the kids foot speed and acceleration. Something our team desperately needs. Try it it actually works quite well.

Comment

I knew it was illegal to idle in NJ. But, learned from this thread it is to in CT.

https://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp...epNav_GID=1619
              "applies to all vehicles in Connecticut and is enforced by DEEP field staff; however, provisions are made for weather extremes, certain service vehicles and health-related conditions."

That said, go scr3w yourselves. They never enforce it. Cop cars idle all the time, it's what they do. Municipal vehicles too. Outside the doughnut shop and everywhere. It's cold or hot I'm running the car. It's "partial zero emissions anyway," so I'll go with the zero part. And, so what if my car emits smog onto the field. Kids have to learn to play tough and the cancer risk of the plastic field is worse than the smog from the cars in the parking lot.

Now go focus on something worth while, like why you are paying so much for babysitting at soccer but your kid isn't going to benefit for college anyway.

Comment

I knew it was illegal to idle in NJ. But, learned from this thread it is to in CT.

https://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp...epNav_GID=1619
                "applies to all vehicles in Connecticut and is enforced by DEEP field staff; however, provisions are made for weather extremes, certain service vehicles and health-related conditions."

That said, go scr3w yourselves. They never enforce it. Cop cars idle all the time, it's what they do. Municipal vehicles too. Outside the doughnut shop and everywhere. It's cold or hot I'm running the car. It's "partial zero emissions anyway," so I'll go with the zero part. And, so what if my car emits smog onto the field. Kids have to learn to play tough and the cancer risk of the plastic field is worse than the smog from the cars in the parking lot.

Now go focus on something worth while, like why you are paying so much for babysitting at soccer but your kid isn't going to benefit for college anyway.
                Typical of the government, a waiver for themselves. Just like they have from the EPA and are allowed to pollute the earth.

Comment

Typical of the government, a waiver for themselves. Just like they have from the EPA and are allowed to pollute the earth.
                  Or insider trading laws that don't apply to them.

Comment

I have noticed over the years a lack of environmental awareness among seemingly educated parents. Why do many soccer parents insist on idling their cars for extended periods of time while their son or daughter trains? Isn’t their a law in CT against this? What up with all the car idling and can we put an end to it? Having moved here from another state I am shocked by the lack of environmental awareness among parents.
                    Ask the red charger guy

Comment

I have noticed over the years a lack of environmental awareness among seemingly educated parents. Why do many soccer parents insist on idling their cars for extended periods of time while their son or daughter trains? Isn’t their a law in CT against this? What up with all the car idling and can we put an end to it? Having moved here from another state I am shocked by the lack of environmental awareness among parents.
                      I'd guess because it gets cold when the engine is off? What do I win?

Comment

I'd guess because it gets cold when the engine is off? What do I win?
                        Free parking at OW.

Comment

Sitting at FSA next to a car that's been idling for 50 minutes while kid is inside the arena training. True story. If you're cold, go inside.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2436914]

As a community, let's work together to improve the environment for our children.[/QUOTE

Maybe you should talk to hypocrites like global warming heres Bernie Sanders and Al Gore. Bernie spent almost $500,000 on private jet flights during his campaign last year. The amount of carbon spewing from a PRIVATE JET is astronomical. Or Al Gore whose vast network of huge mansions and private jets make him the worlds #1 hypocrite.
                            Can’t wait until AOC is president and she outlaws combustion engines and airplanes

Comment

Sitting at FSA next to a car that's been idling for 50 minutes while kid is inside the arena training. True story. If you're cold, go inside.....
                              I prefer parking lot as it is dangerous when they move the trebuchet

Comment

Good idea! You clowns can't go a day without trying to dictate how people should live.
                                Yeah - you tell them. and while you're at it, continue to assert your god given right to do whatever the hell you want, whenever you want! don't pick up your dog's crap in a public park, leave your grocery cart in the middle of the parking lot, take 50 items through the express lane, cut in front of a huge line of cars at the on-ramp, take both armrests on the airplane, don't wipe your nasty sweat off the gym bench, leave your food crumbs all over the library tables, stand in the middle of the escalator when other people are trying to walk by, talk way too loud on your cell phone in public, inch your car into the middle of the intersection before the light turns red, put your used gum under the table, don't replace the empty toilet paper roll, throw your cigarette butts out the window, and always trash, bash, mock, insult, and humiliate any serious post on TS!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X