Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boys youngest team have been having scrimmages against local clubs during a few practice time slots, as well as the Saturday ones (this past one being outside). Can't speak for any other teams as my kid doesn't play on those teams and I don't just assume and make a blanket statement.
    Someone who actually doesn't make blanket statements about an entire club, now there's a thought!

Comment

So yes you are with FSA. The facilities is all they have to brag about.
      If I had those facilities I would be bragging as well.

Comment

huge heating bill to pay and a few mortgages that would sink them without money grab teams

Comment

Question Man Responds

Beaten by a good margin by ECNL teams. NE GDA turning into a dumpster fire. How many OW players want to stay in GDA for next year?
          What makes you believe they have the skill set to get onto a better team?

Comment

Question Man Responds

There isn't much difference between the clubs at most age groups. I don't have a daughter playing on these teams but I've observed many of the scrimmages and league games (where they have played) and the teams stack up as follows based on how they play and talent not necessarily the outcomes.

U14 (talent fairly evenly split)
            1) FSA ECNL slight advantage over
            2) OW DA slight advantage over
            3) CFC ECNL

U15
            1) CFC ECNL
            2) OW DA slight advantage over
            3) FSA ECNL (although FSA picked up a couple OW DA players)

U16 (cant judge DA given combined age group)
            1) FSA ECNL slight advantage over
            2) CFC ECNL

U17 (cant judge DA given combined age group)
            1) CFC ECNL strong advantage over
            2) FSA ECNL

haven't observed U18 enough

And why should we accept your opinion here as evidence of fact?

Comment

huge heating bill to pay and a few mortgages that would sink them without money grab teams
              What are the excuses then for all of CFC's branches?

Comment

All their teams just went to Texas last weekend why the heck would they need to schedule some friendlies this past weekend. Makes zero sense. Scorpions are a mid level team that struggles to make nationals and they had their way with Oakwood this past weekend.

Comment

So you sat in the rain at FSA to watch 4 games. You either work at FSA, or you are in desperate need of a hobby.
                  Definitely doesn't work at FSA. The FSA 2004 game was really close with an FSA win of 3-0 but the Manhattan 2001 team was sooooo much stronger with a Manhattan win of 2-1.

Comment

And why should we accept your opinion here as evidence of fact?
                    Especially since the season hasn't even started for U15 and older teams. Pretty hard to make an assessment at this stage of the game.

Comment

Nope. Coaching is what matters, not facilities. The later is a nice to have; the form is an essential. FSA does not deliver on coaching (overall)

Comment

All their teams just went to Texas last weekend why the heck would they need to schedule some friendlies this past weekend. Makes zero sense. Scorpions are a mid level team that struggles to make nationals and they had their way with Oakwood this past weekend.
                        I just looked and Scorpions are going to AZ (like FSA is) instead of TX (CFC). So they'd want to get in a few good friendlies before that

Comment

I just looked and Scorpions are going to AZ (like FSA is) instead of TX (CFC). So they'd want to get in a few good friendlies before that
                          Let me play with myself while looking at what other clubs are doing.

Comment

Couple of scrimmages at FSA as well. Quality facilities, best in CT:

FSA 2004 v Manhattan - 3-0
                            FSA 2003 ECNL V Manhattan - 3-1
                            FSA 2003 NPL v CT Rush - 0-2
                            FSA 2001 v Manhattan 1-2

Wet day but not too bad as far as game conditions. 2004 game was closer than score shows. Not much difference in the sides but FSA definitely stronger than an average Manhattan team. The 2003 ECNL team earned a debatable PK in first half to go up 1-0. Prior to that Manhattan looked the better side. Second half was back and forth, Manhattan scores a consolation in last couple of minutes of game. FSA NPL team is very weak. Don’t think they got it over midfield once. Score could have been 12-0 if Rush could finish their chances. Possibly 20 corner kicks in that game. 2001 Manhattan looked much stronger than FSA.
                            And I believe FSA 2005, 7-0 over Manhattan

Comment

Ow getting abused on TS Massachusetts

Comment

Ow getting abused on TS Massachusetts
                                Ow is crumbling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X