• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDA is Dying; GDA is here to stay

For the girls' parents who care.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There were already 3,411,296 threads on this subject. Now there are 3,411,297.

Comment

Don’t bite on it!

Comment

Don’t bite on it!
        I heard it on CNN and MSNBC that US Soccer is dying.

Must be true.

Fake News for all.

Comment

I don't think many do the thorns any more?

Comment

After they (NWSL Thorns) moved to the DA platform most of their former Non-DA level girls were replaced with the best locals who tried out. Those cut just joined local clubs, some easily found spots on the travel clubs to boot. Not many could hack it when they moved the Thorns to the NWSL Thorns DA, things changed and the local clubs they landed out benefited with those let it go. Win, Win!

Comment

If you have suggestions to make it better speak up now.

Comment

If you have suggestions to make it better speak up now.
                Remember there are no dumb ideas.

Comment

Most girls decide not to give up everything else in order to get the exact same college outcomes. It is rumored that more clubs are raving GDA and if ecnl switches to Graduation Year age groups I fear GDA will lose more. I hope GDA is here to stay since it gives girls another travel option. I do wish GDA would play local teams sometimes though. All the best Oregon players playing against one another helps all the girls, win or lose.

Comment

Most girls decide not to give up everything else in order to get the exact same college outcomes. It is rumored that more clubs are raving GDA and if ecnl switches to Graduation Year age groups I fear GDA will lose more. I hope GDA is here to stay since it gives girls another travel option. I do wish GDA would play local teams sometimes though. All the best Oregon players playing against one another helps all the girls, win or lose.
                    A quick backstory about 'graduation year' LAX club teams.

Do you actually know why club LAX do this?

They (Oregon) have no state wide or or even nw regional league play or local rivals. A pillar of all HS team sports. Yes, believe it or not they never play each other unless they oddly meet at travel tourney.
                    Why, since the have no rules or regulations on recruiting (see US Club Soccer) about poaching and recruiting players, they insulate themselves from each other for fear of being raided by one another. It's somewhat sick really.

The 'graduation' year moniker for a fledgling low profile, yet very expensive sport like LAX allows them to attract only those that can afford to travel in an attempt to build a false narrative that sells the idea of college exposure. Sound familiar?

Oregon has no clubs that are considered DA worthy at the moment, so they must play either in USYS or US Club travel league & travel showcase.

Outcomes for Oregon clubs? They have evolved into a watered down mess of local clubs and the NWSL Thorns DA is above this noise affiliated with a pro team, US Youth Nats & US Soccer's top tier for youth development & competition.

It's really quite silly that any local clubs would elect to only play outside of Oregon given the dilution staring them smack in the face.

Making a buck, peddling a dream, all on the parents travel dime.

Title IX unintended consequences.

Comment

That makes it even more difficult for them to get top players to sign up for thorns. That and the high school ban.

Comment

That makes it even more difficult for them to get top players to sign up for thorns. That and the high school ban.
                        Probably the most difficult thing is realizing the DA is here to stay and Oregon is a non-starter. Jus sayin.

High School soccer is now the thing? If this were even close to the truth all of our local clubs would stick to playing just the local fare in club and do the odd tourney trip with the club team.

When nothing adds up or follows simple logic you know it's off.

See travel only clubs in Oregon Girls Soccer, the path to insanity and debt.

Comment

Most girls decide not to give up everything else in order to get the exact same college outcomes.
                          Girls high school soccer is everything?

Comment

I don’t understand the high school thing. Why would an elite soccer player care about people coming to watch their games? Why would they want to go watch HS football games?

How do we pry the best players away from high school?

Comment

Girls high school soccer is everything?
                              It's not just high school soccer. (But you knew that)

It's missing all high school sports (unless you are a super star and they bend the rules for you).

It's missing all high school extracurriculars (unless you are a super star and they bend the rules for you).

It's missing the opportunity to participate in family activities, service projects, church activities, or hold down a job (unless you are a super star and they bend the rules).

It's missing all of those things to end up on the exact same college roster you would have if you'd stayed on your OYSA or ECNL team (unless you are a super star and get a call up to a national team which has happened to less than 1% of all the girls to play Thorns DA).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X