Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Guessing is always allowed on TS and fun! Offensive players, right? I will say the top 10 players from DA are on this list.
    Top 10 goal scorers maybe, not top 10 players- best player from updx is not even on the list you do the math....

Comment

Top 10 goal scorers maybe, not top 10 players- best player from updx is not even on the list you do the math....
      Of the top 11 goal scorers (I'm going with 11 because of tie-breaking), ML, AP, AB, GR, MS, and JGP are on the list. KN, HMM, BMV, RA, and AJS are not. (GS is probably top 10 now and is on the list, but the goals leaderboard hasn't been updated this past week).

But there are defenders and defensive mids on the list, so it isn't just players who are good at knocking it in the net and/or dribbling through traffic.

Comment

Of the top 11 goal scorers (I'm going with 11 because of tie-breaking), ML, AP, AB, GR, MS, and JGP are on the list. KN, HMM, BMV, RA, and AJS are not. (GS is probably top 10 now and is on the list, but the goals leaderboard hasn't been updated this past week).

But there are defenders and defensive mids on the list, so it isn't just players who are good at knocking it in the net and/or dribbling through traffic.
        Are you good at writing a check to the Timbers? Then you’re kids in.

Comment

Golden Boot Race

Antuan Peterson 15 FCP
          Miguel Lopez 14 Westside
          Aidan Brouddus 9 Crossfire
          Muhammed Sanneh 8 WashT
          Kenechi Nnoli 6 Westside
          Gavin Ripley 6 Crossfire
          Garik Shevchuk 6 WashT
          Hector Martinez Morales 5 Westside
          Brandon Martinez Ventura 5 Capital
          Richard Anderson 5 Crossfire
          Angel Jareth Solis 5 Capital
          Jonathan Gaspar Perez 5 UPDX
          Andrew Zohner 4 Capital
          Drew Pederson 4 Crossfire
          Zac Levin 4 Crossfire
          Samuel Dreyer 4 Capital

Comment

Miguel Lopez 16 Westside
            Antuan Peterson 15 FCP
            Aidan Brouddus 9 Crossfire
            Muhammed Sanneh 8 WashT
            Kenechi Nnoli 6 Westside
            Gavin Ripley 6 Crossfire
            Garik Shevchuk 6 WashT
            Hector Martinez Morales 6 Westside
            Angel Jareth Solis 6 Capital
            Brandon Martinez Ventura 5 Capital
            Richard Anderson 5 Crossfire
            Jonathan Gaspar Perez 5 UPDX
            Andrew Zohner 4 Capital
            Drew Pederson 4 Crossfire
            Zac Levin 4 Crossfire
            Samuel Dreyer 4 Capital
            Corrected; the game report for WT/CFC was all messed up.

Comment

Corrected; the game report for WT/CFC was all messed up.
              Thanks,
              It didn’t seem to match the recap the Westside parent put on the 05 thread.

Comment

You are fing nuts- What defenders? If you take the bend and Eugene timbers kids out of the equation, 12 or 13 of the remaining picks are in the top 15 or so of the scoring list and the other few are offensive midfielders (couple from CFC and westside and one from opfc). Not a single player that plays solely on a back line. Nice try next....

Comment

You are fing nuts- What defenders? If you take the bend and Eugene timbers kids out of the equation, 12 or 13 of the remaining picks are in the top 15 or so of the scoring list and the other few are offensive midfielders (couple from CFC and westside and one from opfc). Not a single player that plays solely on a back line. Nice try next....
                  Of the three westside players, one is a left wing/mid, one is mainly used as a defensive midfielder, one is currently playing right fullback. With the usual caveat that positions in youth soccer are frequently fluid, and many of these players have moved around quite a bit in their time with the club. (As they should at this age). ML is, of course, the top scorer currently in the DA; the other two WT kids aren't prolific goal-scorers, and that's not their role with the team.

Given that youth soccer is fluid, "solely" does a lot of work. Two years ago, ML played centerback for Copa. Last year, GR played defense for Eastside, this year he's up top for OPFC. And so on.

Comment

This list is a joke!
                    I only see 8 of these players that should actually be on this invite!

Comment

This list is a joke!
                      These invites are highly political. We're in a different region, where 6 players from the local MLS academy were invited and just one player (the top scorer) from our kid's non-MLS club was invited, despite being much stronger, both in head-to-head competition and when comparing scores against other teams in the region. Lots of good players being left out of this process due to politics, a tough but necessary lesson to learn in the business of elite sports, I guess. Probably just gets worse the older these kids get.

Comment

This list is a joke!
                        I still cant see the list. When I click nothing happens. I am sure the list is ridiculous...what 8 do you see?

Comment

I still cant see the list. When I click nothing happens. I am sure the list is ridiculous...what 8 do you see?
                          The list is, sorted by club:

OPFC: AB, DP, GR, OS
                          Westside: ML, HDN, LM
                          WashT: MS, GS, AH
                          UPDX: JGP
                          FC: AP
                          Capital: RD, SD, AL, TO, DZ

Plus two players from Bend and one from Eugene.

Comment

2 from Bend and 1 from Eugene, huh? Who is OS on OPFC? Is he the tall blonde kid who plays up front with AB and GR?

Comment

I am surprised to see that AK from FC Portland is not on this list, but the Salem goalkeeper is.

Comment

Boys 2005 ID Selection Sessions

Can someone explain the list? How is this different than the YNT that the three TA players participated in recently? Why aren’t there TA players on this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X