Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westside Leaving and Taking their Ball With Them, Again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes right now for many clubs. With DA seeming to be falling apart a bit, and clubs questioning whether staying a Timbers alliance club is in their best interest. I think a lot of clubs are exploring their options. ECNL isn't as easy as just saying "I want to join". You have to apply and meet specific criteria, and then be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I feel like there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes right now for many clubs. With DA seeming to be falling apart a bit, and clubs questioning whether staying a Timbers alliance club is in their best interest. I think a lot of clubs are exploring their options. ECNL isn't as easy as just saying "I want to join". You have to apply and meet specific criteria, and then be accepted.
      For Oregonian Girls the only criteria was the ability to pay to travel. Seriously FC and THUSC are run of the mill local clubs. With the collapse of the OPL the US Club pay to play option was a naive move that has been a money pit of travel hell.

Its called a menu option for our clubs.

Boys club teams are not even considering US Club ECNL menu option.Why would they?

Little sis and delusion dad have drained the travel budget on the junkets..

The reveal is just around the corner in the OYSA leagues for boys teams..

Charade is over.

Comment

For Oregonian Girls the only criteria was the ability to pay to travel. Seriously FC and THUSC are run of the mill local clubs. With the collapse of the OPL the US Club pay to play option was a naive move that has been a money pit of travel hell.

Its called a menu option for our clubs.

Boys club teams are not even considering US Club ECNL menu option.Why would they?

Little sis and delusion dad have drained the travel budget on the junkets..

The reveal is just around the corner in the OYSA leagues for boys teams..

Charade is over.
        I will continue to hold my breath Timber lemming. Let me guess, a new Timbers affiliate has been coerced...I mean duped...I mean secured? Yay...Oregon Soccer!

Comment

I will continue to hold my breath Timber lemming. Let me guess, a new Timbers affiliate has been coerced...I mean duped...I mean secured? Yay...Oregon Soccer!
          "Oregon Premier FC is happy to announce an agreement to join the Timbers Alliance. Starting with the 2019/2020 season, the club will now be known as the Clackistan Timbers"

Comment

"Oregon Premier FC is happy to announce an agreement to join the Timbers Alliance. Starting with the 2019/2020 season, the club will now be known as the Clackistan Timbers"
            Okay, this had ememe laugh. Well played...

Comment

They are going Retro: OSSA Timbers

Comment

So, what will be the next boot to drop?

I see, essentially, the following possibilities:

1) Remaining four DA teams (at this point, UPDX, Capital, FC, and OPFC) remain in the DA at U13/U14, possibly with the Portland Timbers joining them in the Oregon side. At the 06 age group, Timbers will be a big fish in a small pond. 05 teams return to OYSA (just like originally planned), 04 and older teams compete in OYSA.

2) Oregon DA collapses, and all local boys clubs (except for the Timbers) compete in OYSA.

3) Certain clubs attempt to join BECNL, also causing the Oregon DA to collapse, and older age groups also go to BECNL. I don't see Capital going that route; but I could see some non-DA teams also be interested (ADF).

4) Some mixture of 2 and 3, or 2 happening next year and 3 happening later.

My hope is 2, as things are more interesting when everyone competes against each other, and all the silly arguments get settled on the field, rather than "we lost to X at Surf by y goals, and you lost to them by y+2 goals, therefore we rule!" arguments. Kids get exposed to different styles of soccer, rather than just playing the same suburban clubs.

My fear is that some of the local blue-chip clubs attempt to follow the Washington model, and make another attempt at rendering the state league second-rate, if for no other reason than to spite the state association and its officials, and other bits of politics that have little to do with soccer, and we'll eventually get #3. After all, "we're in the elite travel league, only our B teams play in state" has long been a seductive sales pitch to over-eager parents.

Comment

Old news.

Eastside left last year.

Westside this year.

The whole cosmetic little DA setup has been a farce in Oregon.

The entire little Washington DA club league, dropped from the DA label as well. Smart move.

Why would any club in Oregon stay in the tiny hot mess of nothing? 2 ages, maybe combined with 4 ho hum neighborhood clubs. Time for Washington Tinbers to head north and play in their own state.

Seems like old times as OPL leftover clubs our agsin left in at at best cul de sac league, welcome back to the OYSA.

History repeats itself again.

As leagues end and new ones start some will include play in Washington and others in Oregon. Why does it matter what teams are in your league if they can make your squads better by playing them, is that not what you want.

Comment

I see, essentially, the following possibilities:

1) Remaining four DA teams (at this point, UPDX, Capital, FC, and OPFC) remain in the DA at U13/U14, possibly with the Portland Timbers joining them in the Oregon side. At the 06 age group, Timbers will be a big fish in a small pond. 05 teams return to OYSA (just like originally planned), 04 and older teams compete in OYSA.

2) Oregon DA collapses, and all local boys clubs (except for the Timbers) compete in OYSA.

3) Certain clubs attempt to join BECNL, also causing the Oregon DA to collapse, and older age groups also go to BECNL. I don't see Capital going that route; but I could see some non-DA teams also be interested (ADF).

4) Some mixture of 2 and 3, or 2 happening next year and 3 happening later.

My hope is 2, as things are more interesting when everyone competes against each other, and all the silly arguments get settled on the field, rather than "we lost to X at Surf by y goals, and you lost to them by y+2 goals, therefore we rule!" arguments. Kids get exposed to different styles of soccer, rather than just playing the same suburban clubs.

My fear is that some of the local blue-chip clubs attempt to follow the Washington model, and make another attempt at rendering the state league second-rate, if for no other reason than to spite the state association and its officials, and other bits of politics that have little to do with soccer, and we'll eventually get #3. After all, "we're in the elite travel league, only our B teams play in state" has long been a seductive sales pitch to over-eager parents.
                    lol....A couple months later here we are. DA is gone, TA is more than likely doing ECNL (which is hilarious) and OYSA remains. I repeat, OYSA remains. I cannot wait for the fall of Timbers Alliance, and the Perigraine way. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall.

Comment

lol....A couple months later here we are. DA is gone, TA is more than likely doing ECNL (which is hilarious) and OYSA remains. I repeat, OYSA remains. I cannot wait for the fall of Timbers Alliance, and the Perigraine way. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall.
                      #2 for now. Unified boys soccer in 19-20.

But I still expect the usual suspects to bolt to becnl next year. Word around the campfire is that at least one club is looking into it....

If you can't beat 'em, schism.

Comment

#2 for now. Unified boys soccer in 19-20.

But I still expect the usual suspects to bolt to becnl next year. Word around the campfire is that at least one club is looking into it....

If you can't beat 'em, schism.
                        United, right?

Comment

United, right?
                          It would be funny to watch them try. They might win a state cup first--any age group will do--before trying to join a travel league.

Comment

Playing USYS or US Club is it for the younger teams in the former Wa/Or DA Setup.
                            There is no longer any tiny tikes (pre hs DA league) to be accepted to.

Oregon only has one DA left in our area with the Timbers.
                            Once these kids reach HS they play in the National DA.

It's hilarious how stupid you read? Einstein did you not realize there is no DA league for the little squirts of Wa clubs & The MLS Timbers DA can only choose USYS or US Club which are created to provide leagues for levels lower than the DA.

The Axe falls on all of us my brain dead friend.

Comment

There’s only one BECNL Club up in Vantucky. BECNL has no plans to expand

Comment

There’s only one BECNL Club up in Vantucky. BECNL has no plans to expand
                                Yeah, I mean they added the powerhouses that are Eastside and Snohomish United. Who could ask for more?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X