Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep. My daughter likes that she has a group of friends outside of school that she hangs with. Expands her footprint.
    Most of my D's friends are from her club anyway... I find it funny that parents suggest that your missing out on the HS experience. I can see if it was Boys football. Tons of people come to the games, there are pep ralleys, the whole school is into it.... But Girls Socccer? No one cares!

Comment

Most of my D's friends are from her club anyway... I find it funny that parents suggest that your missing out on the HS experience. I can see if it was Boys football. Tons of people come to the games, there are pep ralleys, the whole school is into it.... But Girls Socccer? No one cares!
      seriously. Football or boys basketball, yes those give meaningful HS experiences but pretty much every other sport and you have no one but parents there. Who cares!

Comment

seriously. Football or boys basketball, yes those give meaningful HS experiences but pretty much every other sport and you have no one but parents there. Who cares!
        True.

Comment

You guys are simply rehashing what was said on the NY GDA thread for the last 18 months, I know you guys are 2nd fiddle to NY, but at least attempt originality....

Comment

But, but, but...you get to play with your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My D chuckles at that. She'd probably play it if she could, but doesn't miss it one bit (and her HS team does quite well). She figures she has just as much time playing with her friends in other activities. They can play HS soccer practice, and she goes to her Club practice, and they'll catch up later and hang out.

The issue is it's unusual for us who played HS sports. That's now how we did it (there was nothing else), so it's hard for parents to grasp things are different today.
            A big difference is that HS is not exclusionary by cost as it is funded by the taxpayers of the district. If you are a resident of district and can make the team, you can play. This puts kids playing together that would never all be playing club.

Comment

Our family is very concerned about this move to GDA. I look at the other clubs that are in this league, and I don't think the league has enough quality to quantify the commitment the league asks it's players to give. Any others with the same thoughts?
              Look at the college coach attendance at their events. On equal par with ECNL and far superior to the next best thing. At the highest level it's about exposure.

Comment

A big difference is that HS is not exclusionary by cost as it is funded by the taxpayers of the district. If you are a resident of district and can make the team, you can play. This puts kids playing together that would never all be playing club.
                Exactly. Just like Rec. Its not an Elite playing environment. Kids that play club do so to play at a higher level than what the town/ High School offers. Whether your kid plays in ECNL or DA, the level of play is well above high school so why bother. Or at least why make it (HS) such a high priority.

Comment

Look at the college coach attendance at their events. On equal par with ECNL and far superior to the next best thing. At the highest level it's about exposure.
                  OP here, we made the decision to tryout at ECNL clubs. My younger daughter was the one making the decision on this as the oldest had no intention of giving up HS Soccer, and the younger is the better of the 2 anyway. She wants to play with her sister, and still wants to play in college, so the no brain-er choice is ECNL. Although we hate leaving STA, the truth is we probably would have had to leave anyway as for the reasons you explained

Comment

Come on STA, you still have time to change your mind. Southern California teams are starting their withdrawal from GDA. It’s gonna get crazy before the end of May

Comment

Come on STA, you still have time to change your mind. Southern California teams are starting their withdrawal from GDA. It’s gonna get crazy before the end of May
                      Change their mind and do what?

Comment

Change their mind and do what?
                        Stay in NL with EDP. GDA suxs

Comment

Word is out that STA took on SC and his wife. All hope for the club is lost. Toxic coaches who will ruin what was once a great club. Sayonara, we out

Comment

Word is out that STA took on SC and his wife. All hope for the club is lost. Toxic coaches who will ruin what was once a great club. Sayonara, we out
                            No doubt SC can be polarizing and has his issues, but he has also built se extremely talented teams and his followers. Why so quick to jump without even hearing what age groups or whether they will be involved on the boys or girls side? Sounds like you were already on your way out. Not many other options, hope the Dominic BS suits you better.

Comment

No doubt SC can be polarizing and has his issues, but he has also built se extremely talented teams and his followers. Why so quick to jump without even hearing what age groups or whether they will be involved on the boys or girls side? Sounds like you were already on your way out. Not many other options, hope the Dominic BS suits you better.
                              Polarizing...hmm that's an interesting word for him. I would use the word terrorizing. I know players who will not even step on a field when he is coaching a game against their current team

Comment

ECNL Fanboy? GDA sucks because why? Yes there are issues with the league but I would hardly says it sucks. Who gives a **** what So Cal is doing. Either your daughter can't make the DA team so your being a dik, or your daughter is ECNL and your being a dik, or your just a troll and being a dik. If your daughter is ECNL than just enjoy what you have and stop worrying what others are doing and stop being a dik!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X