X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed and Agility

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's absolutely hysterical when people post nonsense like this. So the "European" way they just stand like poles and hope the ball bounces off in the right direction? They don't actually run at all, the ball just kind of pings from player to player...riiiiiiiiight.

Also, since you are the soccer guru, you do realize they also play soccer in South America, Africa and Asia right? What about the Canadian or Mexican way of playing?

The style of play is based off the kind of talent you have recruited and the coaching strategies applied to that talent.

American ignorance at its finest.
    just look at the numbers...the best european teams are made up of south american players.
    Look at the statistics of the winning teams during the world cup. Germany 5 years ago statistically ran 20% less through out the tournament compared to the other teams (that is called efficiency mr. guru).
    The US team collectively ran more than any other team in the tournament...you can also look this mr. guru. (in particular...Michael Bradlely was singled out as the person that ran more than any other player in the tournament)....mr guru.

Comment

just look at the numbers...the best european teams are made up of south american players.
      Look at the statistics of the winning teams during the world cup. Germany 5 years ago statistically ran 20% less through out the tournament compared to the other teams (that is called efficiency mr. guru).
      The US team collectively ran more than any other team in the tournament...you can also look this mr. guru. (in particular...Michael Bradlely was singled out as the person that ran more than any other player in the tournament)....mr guru.
      So you watched some games and made up a random statistic to support your narrative.

Delusive information with no vetted resource to support what is just a simple opinion.

"best European teams made up of SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS" who then return to their nations team for the world cup - but keep going - your inventive and wildly ignorant responses are quite amusing.

Comment

Speed and Agility

So you watched some games and made up a random statistic to support your narrative.

Delusive information with no vetted resource to support what is just a simple opinion.

"best European teams made up of SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS" who then return to their nations team for the world cup - but keep going - your inventive and wildly ignorant responses are quite amusing.

I knew you would jump blindly and respond stupidly...hence the set up.
        Below is straight from the fifa website

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archiv...14/statistics/

Germany had the highest passes complete 4157 (the tournament average was 1583) efficiency at its best.

Comment

"Let the ball do the work".

This can't be a new concept. Please, I beg of you, tell me this isn't new.

Comment

Speed and Agility

"Let the ball do the work".

This can't be a new concept. Please, I beg of you, tell me this isn't new.

thank you.

Comment

I knew you would jump blindly and respond stupidly...hence the set up.
              Below is straight from the fifa website

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archiv...14/statistics/

Germany had the highest passes complete 4157 (the tournament average was 1583) efficiency at its best.
              You're elementary response made my day. The humor that comes from your posts is unmatched. If you knew, you would've cited as such. You took the time to Google your concept and found the statistics from the 2014 World Cup. As if I or any other reader would be lead to believe you had this information scrutinized and at the ready for a rebuttal.

Nonetheless, because of your posting's humor I will engage. So you have proven what exactly, by resourcing this site? Explain the proof that the amount of passes then correlates to the amount of time and distance a player travels for the duration of each game. How the amount of passes then shows that there is in fact less "running" because the passing value is higher by one team over another.

Know your audience. Vet your resources.

Comment

Speed and Agility

You're elementary response made my day. The humor that comes from your posts is unmatched. If you knew, you would've cited as such. You took the time to Google your concept and found the statistics from the 2014 World Cup. As if I or any other reader would be lead to believe you had this information scrutinized and at the ready for a rebuttal.

Nonetheless, because of your posting's humor I will engage. So you have proven what exactly, by resourcing this site? Explain the proof that the amount of passes then correlates to the amount of time and distance a player travels for the duration of each game. How the amount of passes then shows that there is in fact less "running" because the passing value is higher by one team over another.

Know your audience. Vet your resources.

The audience is stupid (especially if the audience is only you). according to your thinking "kick and run" is a superior method to playing the game...therefore we need to be better conditioned?....The US will probably never win a world cup because of this methodology.

Comment

"Work smarter, not harder"

Comment

The audience is stupid (especially if the audience is only you). according to your thinking "kick and run" is a superior method to playing the game...therefore we need to be better conditioned?....The US will probably never win a world cup because of this methodology.
                    Ah - so no further resourcing to support your opinion? Now THAT I did see coming. I did not offer you any methodology. I just sought to debunk your ignorance as to reference "European" soccer as the template for game playing. As you stated, the European teams are full of players from South America - while we can also add there are players from Africa and Asia on these teams as well. Your American bubble, affords the misguided ignorance that leads to your theorizing. So you automatically give credit to "European" soccer, for which you do not consider that the ownership, coaching staff, and players are from various regions of the world. So in fact there is no "European" style of soccer. The same can also be said of what you referenced as "American" style soccer. Give credit to the minds and pieces that attribute to your viewing pleasure of what is considered a "great soccer game".

Comment

Speed and Agility

Ah - so no further resourcing to support your opinion? Now THAT I did see coming. I did not offer you any methodology. I just sought to debunk your ignorance as to reference "European" soccer as the template for game playing. As you stated, the European teams are full of players from South America - while we can also add there are players from Africa and Asia on these teams as well. Your American bubble, affords the misguided ignorance that leads to your theorizing. So you automatically give credit to "European" soccer, for which you do not consider that the ownership, coaching staff, and players are from various regions of the world. So in fact there is no "European" style of soccer. The same can also be said of what you referenced as "American" style soccer. Give credit to the minds and pieces that attribute to your viewing pleasure of what is considered a "great soccer game".
                      lets see..... the top 4 countries placed in 2018 world cup...france, croatia, belgium, england.
                      #youareanidiot do you want to keep going? #youarearetard

Comment

Speed and Agility

"Work smarter, not harder"

thank you

Comment

One could also easily associate european soccer simply with the top leagues in the world. EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A ..... While filled with people from all over the globe, "european" soccer is simply the true pinnacle of the sport (as opposed to American, MLS league).

Comment

Speed and Agility

*** r u talking about?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X