Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that both Fury and LISC threads are lighting up lately? Both with posts from seemingly disgruntled persons. I don't believe either thread on all the hate talk. It seems like some think by posting anonymously on these threads that they can somehow sway families into disregarding either club.
    Eh, I think you're reading too much into it. I do believe both clubs have social media monitors who aren't very good at their jobs and as soon as some posts something negative about LISC, the LISC folks post something negative about Fury and vice versa. I can't imagine any parent has this much time on their hands to constantly keep posting about how much they love LISC and to talk to GB and MF-that screams young college kid interning and monitoring the soccer forums.

Comment

The U14s are 0-10-0 with a -60 GD. They've have two loses that were close (1 pt) all the rest utter blowouts. Most will be moving to high school next year. Will they want to continue? It's unlikely many will and it will be tough to attract new talent given how watered down local soccer is. The U15s are at least doing ok (4-3-5 +2GD). LISC lost the older two teams due to poor performance last year, leaving girls in those prime recruiting years scrambling. They have one U16 that plays EDP. Next year the need to field a combined U16/17 team. If the roster is only this year's U15s they will be behind other teams that have older players. Most U15s are currently freshmen in HS and next year they'd be more likely to be impact players on their HS teams. Will they want to stay?
      The U15s are doing OK because they are a team comprised of former Atletico players who had no team to go back to for the 2018-19 season and a handful of former Fury players. Even if LISC could fleece Atletico/Fury/Alby for players in the younger age groups, none of those teams saw a fraction of the success that the Atletico/Fury 04s had. They're not as bad as the LISC 05/06s but certainly would not provide the drastic upgrade necessary to make the 05 team even remotely competitive. Newsflash, a partnership with Sachem won't improve the situation either.

Comment

Long Island soccer is like Italy in the middle ages, many small city-states, all competing, all self-serving, Mamma mia!!

Comment

The U15s are doing OK because they are a team comprised of former Atletico players who had no team to go back to for the 2018-19 season and a handful of former Fury players. Even if LISC could fleece Atletico/Fury/Alby for players in the younger age groups, none of those teams saw a fraction of the success that the Atletico/Fury 04s had. They're not as bad as the LISC 05/06s but certainly would not provide the drastic upgrade necessary to make the 05 team even remotely competitive. Newsflash, a partnership with Sachem won't improve the situation either.
          1 Atletico girl is on the team this year. The rest went elsewhere.

Comment

Long Island soccer is like Italy in the middle ages, many small city-states, all competing, all self-serving, Mamma mia!!
            But that was also a period of great artistic and scientific growth. Here it's just rot and decline.

Comment

Eh, I think you're reading too much into it. I do believe both clubs have social media monitors who aren't very good at their jobs and as soon as some posts something negative about LISC, the LISC folks post something negative about Fury and vice versa. I can't imagine any parent has this much time on their hands to constantly keep posting about how much they love LISC and to talk to GB and MF-that screams young college kid interning and monitoring the soccer forums.
              Every year it’s the same thing every winter you see this. You will see it again in the spring around tryout time. It’s not LISC or Fury. It’s the marketing machine of SUSA. They are doing it to all competitors KK, LISC, Barca, and Fury. Look how the negativity picked up for all those clubs and not SUSA.

It’s not disgruntled parents it’s desperate trainers.

Comment

Every year it’s the same thing every winter you see this. You will see it again in the spring around tryout time. It’s not LISC or Fury. It’s the marketing machine of SUSA. They are doing it to all competitors KK, LISC, Barca, and Fury. Look how the negativity picked up for all those clubs and not SUSA.

SUSA is the robber baron of Long Island soccer!

Comment

Actually makes a lot of sense. I always wondered why someone would attack a club, knowing that it would just come back at them...

Comment

But there was a lot of negativity surrounding LISC since August. Not for nothing but with their record, why would anyone be trying to lure LISC players away? The teams are mediocre-dreadful.

Comment

But there was a lot of negativity surrounding LISC since August. Not for nothing but with their record, why would anyone be trying to lure LISC players away? The teams are mediocre-dreadful.
                      You have to understand it's a battle over market share first and foremost. If a club can lure away 1 or 2 solid players ( not all are bad) and 1-2 check writing bench warmers they're ahead. There just isn't enough talent to go around so the clubs are trying to get whoever they can.

Comment

You have to understand it's a battle over market share first and foremost. If a club can lure away 1 or 2 solid players ( not all are bad) and 1-2 check writing bench warmers they're ahead. There just isn't enough talent to go around so the clubs are trying to get whoever they can.
                        But I heard you can’t get a back rub at LISC

Comment

But I heard you can’t get a back rub at LISC
                          If that was your kid getting molested you wouldn’t be so flippant....douche

Comment

If that was your kid getting molested you wouldn’t be so flippant....douche
                            sarcasm is lost you on

Comment

Thoughts on lisc

Would like to hear from other families that stayed after last year and if they think things will be better this year? if so, why?

Comment

Would like to hear from other families that stayed after last year and if they think things will be better this year? if so, why?
                                Our experience things have not improved but if one goes in BOTN (which I don’t recommend). Lisc is doing great. Some of the new trainers I have heard are the pits.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X