Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed on all. Should also be noted how poorly the UCLA goalie played, certainly not her best game. Angles were terrible, first goal went through her.
    It's a daunting task. The teams that came out attacking all gave up 4 or more goals. PSU played compact and defensively, only gave up 2, but had nothing going forward. I think they had the right idea,. Keep it close, and try to win it at the end. I don't think going up a goal early would even help. Stanford can pour it on when they want. Make the game shorter, play your ass off and hope for a few bounces or calls to go your way

Comment

It's a daunting task. The teams that came out attacking all gave up 4 or more goals. PSU played compact and defensively, only gave up 2, but had nothing going forward. I think they had the right idea,. Keep it close, and try to win it at the end. I don't think going up a goal early would even help. Stanford can pour it on when they want. Make the game shorter, play your ass off and hope for a few bounces or calls to go your way
      I agree. UCLA had the right idea, but poor execution. Despite UCLA having 5 in the midfield, Stanford was punching thru the middle, not going to the air to get behind them. UCLA goalkeeping not the best too.

Stanford has too many weapons and if you look at the minutes played against UCLA they should be well rested for UNC. Only their back line played the full 90. Tran played 33 mins, Smith 59, Macario 67. I think UNC is going to get smoked.

Comment

Agreed on all. Should also be noted how poorly the UCLA goalie played, certainly not her best game. Angles were terrible, first goal went through her.
        She's a senior (on the Sr. WNT of Australia). I'm not a fan and haven't been for years. Why Cromwell picked her over A Shechtman (GT - gk) go over this gal has always been a questionable decision. And she showed it yesterday.

Comment

I agree. UCLA had the right idea, but poor execution. Despite UCLA having 5 in the midfield, Stanford was punching thru the middle, not going to the air to get behind them. UCLA goalkeeping not the best too.

Stanford has too many weapons and if you look at the minutes played against UCLA they should be well rested for UNC. Only their back line played the full 90. Tran played 33 mins, Smith 59, Macario 67. I think UNC is going to get smoked.
          Anybody who knows how to coach the defensive 1/3 correctly knows that the last place you ever substitute (unless an injury) is the back line. They should always play the full 90, be conditioned to do so and the outside backs need speed/ball skills. Neither Stanford or UNC make subs on the back line.

That said, UNC will need to shore up/add another to their back line. I'm thinking Androjeski (sorry with spelling). She can take on Stanford's attack.

UNC's OB that plays lacrosse too (Dorsey) was getting smoked by WS's attacker. Commentators kept blaming CB but it was the gal with the big bow, Dorsey, that was allowing WS to get off the shots.

And for goodness sake AD, do not put #1 on the field (a field player) she pulls a train.

Pulling for UNC. It's been a long time since they have been in the winner's circle.

Soph (red shirt fresh) Meyer is vulnerable too (my friend's kid has trained with her). She's not very good in the air game. Don't go to the ground with your PK's; roof them.

Comment

The field was terrible for such a big event. NCAA - Get the kids the proper footwear (either studs or longer cleats).

Comment

It’s a real grass field like real footballers are supposed to play on, not that plastic crap at most colleges. Welcome to the big time, ladies.

Comment

Anybody who knows how to coach the defensive 1/3 correctly knows that the last place you ever substitute (unless an injury) is the back line. They should always play the full 90, be conditioned to do so and the outside backs need speed/ball skills. Neither Stanford or UNC make subs on the back line.

That said, UNC will need to shore up/add another to their back line. I'm thinking Androjeski (sorry with spelling). She can take on Stanford's attack.

UNC's OB that plays lacrosse too (Dorsey) was getting smoked by WS's attacker. Commentators kept blaming CB but it was the gal with the big bow, Dorsey, that was allowing WS to get off the shots.

And for goodness sake AD, do not put #1 on the field (a field player) she pulls a train.

Pulling for UNC. It's been a long time since they have been in the winner's circle.

Soph (red shirt fresh) Meyer is vulnerable too (my friend's kid has trained with her). She's not very good in the air game. Don't go to the ground with your PK's; roof them.
                Do you mean this #1 (Schultz)? https://mobile.twitter.com/uncwomens...019591?lang=en
                That was a couple months ago when they played Wash.

UNC without Fox is a different team. They struggled to get anything up front against Wash. They have a better back line than UCLA, but still won’t outscore Stanford.

Comment

Do you mean this #1 (Schultz)? https://mobile.twitter.com/uncwomens...019591?lang=en
                  That was a couple months ago when they played Wash.

UNC without Fox is a different team. They struggled to get anything up front against Wash. They have a better back line than UCLA, but still won’t outscore Stanford.
                  Wow, she’s really thick for a d1 player. You don’t see many like that.

Comment

Wow, she’s really thick for a d1 player. You don’t see many like that.
                    And it is showing now. Time her with a calendar.

Comment

It’s a real grass field like real footballers are supposed to play on, not that plastic crap at most colleges. Welcome to the big time, ladies.
                      Didnt say it wasnt real grass. From camera view the plots of grass filled in were very visible. It usually causes footing issues.

Comment

Stanford 0 UNC 0 at 56’. Great game so far.

Comment

A classic 0-0 Stanford wins on PK's 5-4.
                          Thanks AD for listening to me about Andrzejewski. She was outstanding as an outside back.

But please explain why Pinto was not one of the first 4 PK takers? Why TH instead of BPinto? Why not BAndrzejewski either?

Comment

Holy sh*t that was a good game! Stanford wins on a PK!

Comment

A classic 0-0 Stanford wins on PK's 5-4.
                              Thanks AD for listening to me about Andrzejewski. She was outstanding as an outside back.

But please explain why Pinto was not one of the first 4 PK takers? Why TH instead of BPinto? Why not BAndrzejewski either?

Why do coaches blow it when it comes to picking PK line ups when your team especially the GK's keep a game 0-0 through 2 OT's? A national championship on the line and rock/paper/scissors is used to pick the takers? Come on.

Comment

Wouldn’t you love to see Stanford play Messia in a winner take all game. Wonder if that would shut up the stupid D3 parents on this site.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X