Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Developing creative free thinking players to be successful on teams playing any system of play.
    my question to this response would be, what percentage of players in your Club truly have the potential to do this at a high level.

Comment

Not enough. That would be my club vision statement if I was an owner. Our coach tries to do this with our team.

Comment

Not enough. That would be my club vision statement if I was an owner. Our coach tries to do this with our team.

But that doesn't actually pay bills. It's a great external marketing statement to tap into parents who see the "spark".

In other countries the money is at the top of the soccer Pyramid justifying investment in the bottom for player development. In the US, there is no money at the top, all the money comes from the parents, so a US Club, better be in the business of catering to parents, or they will go the way of Synergy

Comment

I would most certainly add JB to the list. Awful coach!
          Stars had an Academy ID day, and I was looking at their info page below, surely some inaccurate info here.
          https://starsofma.demosphere-secure....%20Academy.pdf

All coaches have a minimum B license, is that level 2 futsal license? Otherwise SM to coaches two of their teams is nowhere near a B license.

Comment

Because thats where the money is. lets not kid ourselves that the motivation of any of these leagues is to produce excellent players. Thats a byproduct of the sheer numbers playing. It caters to the parent who , with rose colored glasses, sees a spark in their kid that requires 10s of thousands of dollars to nurture. Dont kid your self that the girls is any different at its root. The major difference is that the impact of numbers is disproportionate realtve to the RoW. Its the same philosophy but plays a bit better due to the succes on teh worlsd stage.

UNC women are a microcosm of the world stage. Dominant when they were the only real game in town and had the pick of almost every top player. Still relevant now, but not able to overcome the dated coaching methods and get back to anything close to dominance as the other schools have gotten accesss to more talent and coached it better
            Big differences on the girls side

1) Soccer generally gets the top female athletes - so the clay is better to mold with
            2) The US women are still at the epicenter of their game - so jumping off point is they are much more relevant to the world stage than our men are

Your UNC analogy is tired. They are no different than Wooden's UCLA Men's basketball teams. Nobody is really duplicating that feat these days either (except for Alabama in football - the one sport without a club system) because the world of college sports is just far more competitive across the board than it used to be.

I do agree that money is driving all of what we see in front of us and that for 99% of the club soccer families involved with club soccer it's gross over kill. Ultimately that is why you needed to DA, to separate as best can the wheat from the chafe. Sure the DA is bloated and there still is chafe in it but its a major step forward from what we had with the ECNL/NPL/R1 crap that was here the last couple of years.

Comment

Stars had an Academy ID day, and I was looking at their info page below, surely some inaccurate info here.
              https://starsofma.demosphere-secure....%20Academy.pdf

All coaches have a minimum B license, is that level 2 futsal license? Otherwise SM to coaches two of their teams is nowhere near a B license.
              So don't go there, go to NEFC if you don't like the coaching staff or how the Stars is implementing their DA. You do have a choice you know and that is a good thing.

You need to realize that at the end of the day the DA is nothing more than a framework for your kid to work within. At the DA stage of the game, individual coaching is going to add little, it's really the amount of work your kid puts in. If she wants to be really good, she had better be putting in even more work that what she might do in the DA, quite frankly a lot more.

Comment

Big differences on the girls side

1) Soccer generally gets the top female athletes - so the clay is better to mold with
                2) The US women are still at the epicenter of their game - so jumping off point is they are much more relevant to the world stage than our men are

Your UNC analogy is tired. They are no different than Wooden's UCLA Men's basketball teams. Nobody is really duplicating that feat these days either (except for Alabama in football - the one sport without a club system) because the world of college sports is just far more competitive across the board than it used to be.

I do agree that money is driving all of what we see in front of us and that for 99% of the club soccer families involved with club soccer it's gross over kill. Ultimately that is why you needed to DA, to separate as best can the wheat from the chafe. Sure the DA is bloated and there still is chafe in it but its a major step forward from what we had with the ECNL/NPL/R1 crap that was here the last couple of years.
                Soccer gets the top womens athletes ? Does it? I think it gets some, but not a disproportionate amount and again , its based on numbers. What other sport has 11 on the field? The women are not relevant for HOW they play. they are relevant becasue they have achieved a lot of historical success. The vast majority when no one else cared. 2015 was the first WC sine since 1999. Is very analogous to UNC. No one rally likes HOW they play, but they remember the history, even though the playing field was pretty bare.

They have a ready made education/sport vehicle known as College that exists on the abck of T9.

Comparing this to the men makes no sense. It makes it sound like we have great pool of coaches and a superior environment for women and we dont for men. Its the same. one group has a huge headstart (rapidly dimished) and the other was miles behind.

I dont thnkk the GDA is any better than its predecessors. What makes it better ?

Comment

So don't go there, go to NEFC if you don't like the coaching staff or how the Stars is implementing their DA. You do have a choice you know and that is a good thing.

You need to realize that at the end of the day the DA is nothing more than a framework for your kid to work within. At the DA stage of the game, individual coaching is going to add little, it's really the amount of work your kid puts in. If she wants to be really good, she had better be putting in even more work that what she might do in the DA, quite frankly a lot more.
                  dont agree. in a system where kids are vying for College places, good is a relative term. the competition is not doing what you imply. Maybe the top .1 pct are , but the rest are def not.

Comment

This:
                    (The Club) "caters to the parent who , with rose colored glasses, sees a spark in their kid that requires 10s of thousands of dollars to nurture"

How would club owners finish this statement?
                    We are in the business of __________
                    coaching organized soccer to children of parents that are capable of and willing to pay for it.

That means that we must be organized, have coaches that provide instruction that the customers find valuable, form teams & enter leagues that are a reasonable fit with the customers' expectations, advertise the value of the service whenever possible and reinforce that the purchase was a smart one and worthy of re-purchasing the following year, and we must make sure to manage our presence on talking soccer.com....

Comment

Soccer gets the top womens athletes ? Does it? I think it gets some, but not a disproportionate amount and again , its based on numbers. What other sport has 11 on the field? The women are not relevant for HOW they play. they are relevant becasue they have achieved a lot of historical success. The vast majority when no one else cared. 2015 was the first WC sine since 1999. Is very analogous to UNC. No one rally likes HOW they play, but they remember the history, even though the playing field was pretty bare.

They have a ready made education/sport vehicle known as College that exists on the abck of T9.

Comparing this to the men makes no sense. It makes it sound like we have great pool of coaches and a superior environment for women and we dont for men. Its the same. one group has a huge headstart (rapidly dimished) and the other was miles behind.

I dont thnkk the GDA is any better than its predecessors. What makes it better ?
                      Women's lacrosse has 12 on field each team; 24 total. Men have less. Those number of participants are crazy as well. THAT sport is off the charts as far as increased girls playing in the past several years. And, they are a lot more chill about their approach to the sport then soccer. i'm saddened my kid gave it up for soccer now seeing all the politics and crap associated with it. would love to see her take it up again.

Comment

Not better at this stage anyway. just more practices and limiting the kid on what they can do outside of soccer. i'm letting my kid do a hs spring sport, though. screw it. you only get to go through high school once.

Comment

Your arguments are beyond old and weak. You are like a broken record. Games evolve. Tactics evolve. Players evolve. Do you think the style of play the English team that won the world cup in 1966 used could even come close to being competitive with how the German team that won the last one played? Are you going to say that the English don't have great soccer players or know anything about soccer? The level of competition is constantly changing because the players and tactics evolve. You need a new argument to poison this site with.

Comment

Your arguments are beyond old and weak. You are like a broken record. Games evolve. Tactics evolve. Players evolve. Do you think the style of play the English team that won the world cup in 1966 used could even come close to being competitive with how the German team that won the last one played? Are you going to say that the English don't have great soccer players or know anything about soccer? The level of competition is constantly changing because the players and tactics evolve. You need a new argument to poison this site with.
                            your analogy is beyond stupid. you keep comparing it to mens soccer while putting words in my mouth. There is nothing stopping the game and tactics evolving in the USA at the same rate or faster than anywhere else, yet they arent.

News flash Alf Ramsey is not still coaching England, Dorrance still is coaching UNC.

The tired thinking is yours that sits back on laurels and says ..oh well the row is catching us, nothing we can do, its inevitable.

I dont buy for one minute that the US cannot evolve as fast as the rest of the world and yet we struggle to beat Jamaica and Nicaragua at U-20 ?

Comment

oh and poison the site? bit dramatic no? Because i disagree with you. lol

Comment

your analogy is beyond stupid. you keep comparing it to mens soccer while putting words in my mouth. There is nothing stopping the game and tactics evolving in the USA at the same rate or faster than anywhere else, yet they arent.

News flash Alf Ramsey is not still coaching England, Dorrance still is coaching UNC.

The tired thinking is yours that sits back on laurels and says ..oh well the row is catching us, nothing we can do, its inevitable.

I dont buy for one minute that the US cannot evolve as fast as the rest of the world and yet we struggle to beat Jamaica and Nicaragua at U-20 ?
                                Aren't you the one who keeps dumping on the DA citing how poorly its worked on the boys side. The problem is USSF has traditionally only been concerned with the men's side. The women have generally gotten the table scraps. That's what's been dragging the whole thing down. The men are a lost cause until you build a better soccer culture in this country and bring in a higher caliber of athlete. That won't happen until we dominate on the women's side. They should have started the girls DA first and then then boys. As far as the U20 go, they just had a coaching change, you don't even recognize how disruptive that sort of thing is in your constant haranguing which leads me to believe you know squat about much of anything when it comes to any sort of high level sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X