Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical scholarship package for D2 it NAIA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bentley only has funding for Hockey and Basketball, for example.
    Many D1 programs aren't fully funded either. That's why it's difficult to make sweeping generalities. This site shows average scholarships across all sports so soccer will vary. But it does show the steep drop between D1 and D2. If you dig into a school's operating budget documents you can find how much total dollars they give to each sport. If you are interested in a specific school it's a good place to get an idea of what they've got to divvy up

Comment

I’ve been going through recruiting process with daughter for soccer and son for football. Thus far, soccer coaches have been much more straightforward. Sounds like a lot of shady behavior on the football side. One school here in NE told a number of potential commits they promised more money than they should have and are pulling back people’s offers.

Comment

Spoken like a true elitist asshat.
        No elitism. Most D2 schools - not all - are a step down academically. Of course school is what you make of it and there are successful grads across the full spectrum of academic backgrounds. But take a look at the top schools in the US (pick any list you want, US News, whatever) and you won't find many D2 schools on the list.

Not "Mr. Elitist"

Comment

I’ve been going through recruiting process with daughter for soccer and son for football. Thus far, soccer coaches have been much more straightforward. Sounds like a lot of shady behavior on the football side. One school here in NE told a number of potential commits they promised more money than they should have and are pulling back people’s offers.
          The school could have been pulling their money and it's not in a coach's control. But I wouldn't be surprised if soccer is more straightforward. It has to be a much more complicated process with football given the sheer number of players.

Comment

No elitism. Most D2 schools - not all - are a step down academically. Of course school is what you make of it and there are successful grads across the full spectrum of academic backgrounds. But take a look at the top schools in the US (pick any list you want, US News, whatever) and you won't find many D2 schools on the list.

Not "Mr. Elitist"

Lots of Amazing D2 schools here.
            http://www.stack.com/a/best-dii-diii...s-for-athletes

Comment

Actually, only one of the schools listed (Bentley) is D2. All the rest are D3.

Comment

That feature is specific to Football and basketball.
                #PostFail.

Comment

Women's D2 top programs 2017 by region and overall

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer...soccer-coaches

complete list http://web1.ncaa.org/onlineDir/exec2...on=2&sport=WSO

Comment

Sorry forgot top 25 overall ranking https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer...soccer-coaches

Comment

and the earlier statement holds. Most D2 programs are a step down academically. Bentley and UCSD being the exceptions.

Comment

and the earlier statement holds. Most D2 programs are a step down academically. Bentley and UCSD being the exceptions.
                        That's why I posted it. There's a few other exceptions like Colorado School of Mines (highly specialized but excellent engineering school) but very, very few. If a D2 school is the best academic fit for an athlete then absolutely pursue it. But if they have to make academic compromises to play? Ok soccer + weak academics + little athletic $ = not worth for stronger students.

Comment

That's why I posted it. There's a few other exceptions like Colorado School of Mines (highly specialized but excellent engineering school) but very, very few. If a D2 school is the best academic fit for an athlete then absolutely pursue it. But if they have to make academic compromises to play? Ok soccer + weak academics + little athletic $ = not worth for stronger students.
                          Some of you are real elitist aszholez. Why is a Bentley or Stonehill a step down? For whom? Just like in soccer, there are more B students than there are A students (at least that's how it used to be before everyone started getting trophies). Its a perfect ending spot for a lot of kids yet some of you act like every kid out there has a 4.0 and perfect SAT scores and they would be a step down for most families. After putting 3 kids through college I can pretty safely say that is not even close to reality. Most families I know are thrilled to death when their kid gets into a place like Bentley or Stonehill. The funny part is you know the same people who write this elitist crap are the same ones objecting to their kids being thought of as "only" D3 soccer players. The hypocrisy is hysterical.

Comment

Some of you are real elitist aszholez. Why is a Bentley or Stonehill a step down? For whom? Just like in soccer, there are more B students than there are A students (at least that's how it used to be before everyone started getting trophies). Its a perfect ending spot for a lot of kids yet some of you act like every kid out there has a 4.0 and perfect SAT scores and they would be a step down for most families. After putting 3 kids through college I can pretty safely say that is not even close to reality. Most families I know are thrilled to death when their kid gets into a place like Bentley or Stonehill. The funny part is you know the same people who write this elitist crap are the same ones objecting to their kids being thought of as "only" D3 soccer players. The hypocrisy is hysterical.
                            More than one poster has said there are exceptions. Bentley would be included in that exceptions list. No one said they're total ****e either, just not as strong. There is the right school for just about everybody. It's all about the fit. Relax.

Comment

What about MCLA?

Comment

Kids coming out of Bentley or Stonehill with business degrees in the next 4-5 years are going to make a hell of a lot more money than any Ivy grad majoring in some liberal arts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X