X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Move to Iceland.
    I hear they have the best youth coaches.
    Just move. Anywhere else. Snowflake.

Comment

Just move. Anywhere else. Snowflake.
      Insults are always so helpful

Comment

How do you deal with blatant favoritism on your team? To the point where playing time is an issue, and development is being sacrificed as well as confidence. We don't have a lot of choices where we live, but it's gotten so bad. Tried to bring it up to the coach but he brushed it off. Talking development age here. Any advice would help.
        Life isn't fair. Work harder, get better.

Comment

Life isn't fair. Work harder, get better.
          There is nothing you can do in this type of situation. Coaches get fixed on their favorites. Best to move on.

Comment

Insults are always so helpful
            Posting silly questions on TS is never helpful.

Comment

Posting silly questions on TS is never helpful.
              Not the OP, but it's a legit question. I've seen it and some coaches get fixated when the see kids running around and sweating. They always get found out, and the hope is someone with more potential doesn't give up in the process.

I agree with the consensus: Don't play for a daddy-coach; best to move on if you find yourself in this situation; TS is a cesspool

Comment

Not the OP, but it's a legit question. I've seen it and some coaches get fixated when the see kids running around and sweating. They always get found out, and the hope is someone with more potential doesn't give up in the process.

I agree with the consensus: Don't play for a daddy-coach; best to move on if you find yourself in this situation; TS is a cesspool
                How can they ever give up when they have mommy and daddy protecting them forever...
                No wonder we can’t field a legitimate team with all the crybabies now involved in the sport.

What happens when the first girl or boyfriend decides they like somebody else better???

This forum is like listening to those miserable Air Supply, Soft Cell, Dan Fogelberg etc love songs in the 70s and 80’s

Comment

Who are these coaches that get fixated on kids sweating? Larry Nasser...

Comment

The OP acts as if this coach will be THE coach of their child in perpetuity.

Get over it. Encourage your kid to work hard and hopefully shine. Break the cycle.

Otherwise, just be quite.

Comment

Get over it. Encourage your kid to work hard and hopefully shine. Break the cycle.

Otherwise, just be quite.
                      True. IF they are in a good program, they are cycling out their coaches every 2 years or so.

Comment

There is nothing you can do in this type of situation. Coaches get fixed on their favorites. Best to move on.
                        Whether that's actually true or not, there's what you as a parent can do to influence your kid in a positive or negative way between now, moving on in the near future, and forever.

I've had my kid in this type of situation and pouting and excuse-making wasn't the avenue. Playing out the year with unbridled determination was the single best thing that made moving on better rather than worse.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

True. IF they are in a good program, they are cycling out their coaches every 2 years or so.
                            Does the same idea apply to the business or political world?
                            Get rid of the good ceo to bring in a new one to prevent favorites?

Tell that to Duke bball...

Soccer in Mass is really being wussified.
                            And it shows.

Comment

Does the same idea apply to the business or political world?
                              Get rid of the good ceo to bring in a new one to prevent favorites?

Tell that to Duke bball...

Soccer in Mass is really being wussified.
                              And it shows.

We aren't talking about businesses and adults. We are talking about children.

Comment

What do you do if your club coach favors his 04 team above all other teams or players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X