Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The list doesn't show one way or another if a kid is getting money, or if it's just a verbal commitment from the kid or that the kid is a walk-on. It's just a list of names and colleges they expect to play at. Of course, those players from years past are easy enough to confirm by looking at current college rosters. But then, there's that pesky question about if the kid plays or sits the pine in college. And exactly what makes these schools "decent" or not?
    Not the poster, but I think on the YU slimest thread someone looked at how much those YU "commits" were playing and not surprisingly some weren't even on rosters, let alone playing much at all. Families should seek out the best coaching they can find, a good fit for their player's skills that can help them achieve their goals. You also want a club that can not only guide you through the process but make sure you are targeting programs correctly. YU is a one of many clubs that loves it when they land a "good" program for their list, even though they know the kid probably won't be successful there.

Comment

Most parents pay out premier money with thoughts that their kid will play in college. This is a reality list. If only one kid per year is getting any money or playing at a decent school then they will conclude that this club isn't going to meet their needs. That is important information to them.
      No it isn't, not at all. It says nothing about financial packages, which will vary player to player (athletic $), student to student (merit$) and family to family (financial aid). All financial arrangements are between families and the school. If a club is bragging about players getting rides, run a way. Nor is a list an indication of soccer success - only that a player has committed to playing at a school. The true "reality list" is are those kids actually playing in college, preferably in an impactful way. If they are then the club helped them find a good soccer fit. If you really want to know if a club is doing it's job track recent alumni for the last few years.

Lastly, a list won't tell you if a club and its coaches will help your player become the best player they can. Without that a list is meaningless.

Comment

Not the poster, but I think on the YU slimest thread someone looked at how much those YU "commits" were playing and not surprisingly some weren't even on rosters, let alone playing much at all. Families should seek out the best coaching they can find, a good fit for their player's skills that can help them achieve their goals. You also want a club that can not only guide you through the process but make sure you are targeting programs correctly. YU is a one of many clubs that loves it when they land a "good" program for their list, even though they know the kid probably won't be successful there.
        Not surprisingly some cfc and fsa and ow kids arent getting time either
        And some no name club kids are starting every game- thats the way it is everywhere
        Not all will succeed at the next level for a variety of reasons

Comment

What exactly is a "low level" program? Is it low level if it the one sought by the player?
          If a player is happy with their school choice that's great and that's the most important thing. But face it, most CT players aren't winding up at top soccer programs. Top schools sure, but not soccer programs. We don't have much high level talent. But, that's ok because most families only care about the school part anyway

Comment

FSA has had second best placements in the state. OW third and Yankee looks to be forth from the looks of this list. FSA just posted two Ivies, Yale, Dartmouth, for the class of 2019 and updated a Saint John's placement for class of 2018.
            St Johns....nice basketball in the late 80s and early 90s....not much else

Comment

QU roster does not show those 2 players.....

Comment

QU roster does not show those 2 players.....
                There are multiple YU "commits" not on rosters, majority in fact. Note: if a player is red shirted they still normally appear on the roster. D3 players are pretty much the only ones getting decent PT, which is what I'd expect for the level of player YU produces. Their supposed D1 list is either 1) a work of fiction 2) all those players were cut before the season started 3) all those players changed their commits and YU didn't update it? (unlikely but I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves).

James Madison - on roster, no PT but frosh GK rarely play
                Northeastern University - not on roster
                Wagner University - not on roster
                Central Connecticut State University - played 1.5 games as frosh GK
                Villanova University* - not on roster
                St Peters University - on roster, playing
                Colgate University - not on roster
                St Peters University - not on roster
                Quinnipiac University - not on roster
                American International College - on roster, played 3 games off bench
                Stonehill - on roster, started 13 games
                Babson College - started 14 games
                Ithaca College - played nine games, one start
                Oneonta State - not on roster
                WPI - on roster, played all games but never as a starter
                Springfield College - on roster, played 8 games never as a starter
                University of Scranton - not on roster

* has two other CT players. CFC player getting decent PT, other a RS senior from unknown club who has bounced around colleges

Comment

There are multiple YU "commits" not on rosters, majority in fact. Note: if a player is red shirted they still normally appear on the roster. D3 players are pretty much the only ones getting decent PT, which is what I'd expect for the level of player YU produces. Their supposed D1 list is either 1) a work of fiction 2) all those players were cut before the season started 3) all those players changed their commits and YU didn't update it? (unlikely but I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves).

Northeastern University - not on roster

* has two other CT players. CFC player getting decent PT, other a RS senior from unknown club who has bounced around colleges
                  Not sure which roster you’re looking at but the kid at Northeastern is on the roster and doing very well.

Comment

Not sure which roster you’re looking at but the kid at Northeastern is on the roster and doing very well.
                    Apologies - google search must have brought up an old roster. I fixed that and double checked the rest. Still not good.

Northeastern University - on roster, played 22 games, started 9

Comment

Apologies - google search must have brought up an old roster. I fixed that and double checked the rest. Still not good.

I have no idea who you are, but you are an absolute loser to sit there and go through all those rosters and stats. Wow.

Comment

I have no idea who you are, but you are an absolute loser to sit there and go through all those rosters and stats. Wow.
                        Poster answered the question though. What have you contributed to the conversation?

Comment

Facts.....why do we need facts. You Yankee democrats are all the same. Some one gives you the facts and they are losers.

This whole thread is an oxymoron.... look it up....Yankee commits....take the old man and the Toto fan and shove the fake commit listup your azzes

Comment

shocking how much time this guy spends posting his hate speech
                            very scary how invested you are in smearing YU
                            what did they do to you man?

Comment

shocking how much time this guy spends posting his hate speech
                              very scary how invested you are in smearing YU
                              what did they do to you man?
                              OP here - we once considered YU for one of my daughters a few years ago. Decided it wasn't a good fit for many of the reasons YU is criticized here for. She wound up at much better place for her. No hate, just curiosity. That and I didn't feel like working on a project yesterday :) I never thought in a million years I'd find as many nonrostered players as I did.

Comment

OP here - we once considered YU for one of my daughters a few years ago. Decided it wasn't a good fit for many of the reasons YU is criticized here for. She wound up at much better place for her. No hate, just curiosity. That and I didn't feel like working on a project yesterday :) I never thought in a million years I'd find as many nonrostered players as I did.
                                your kid is happy elsewhere,you have a job and you just felt the need to do this with your procrastination? yea,not buying your BS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X