2) OW
    3) NYSC
    4) CFC United
    5) FSA
    Dont you mean in FC?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Dont you mean in FC?
      The ranking was for clubs that top CT girls could realistically play for? I suppose girls in Northern CT could also play for top MA clubs, but perhaps they are too far to drive. Not sure.

Comment

For CT players, here is my current ranking:

1) NYCFC
        2) CFC United
        3) OW
        4) NYSC
        5) FSA

In three years, it will look like this:

1) NYCFC
        2) OW
        3) NYSC
        4) CFC United
        5) FSA
        No Sporting, Yankee or Beachside? What?

Comment

1) NYCFC
          2) CFC United
          3) OW
          4) NYSC
          5) FSA

1) NYCFC
          2) OW
          3) NYSC
          4) CFC United
          5) FSA
          you guys are so funny. CFCU just isn't as good as people think on girls side. Languishing is a good word for them

Comment

Who cares. Its all kids from other regions. We get maybe one kid every few years. If you are good enough they will find you.

If you are at Academy with the goal of making the NT, you have real issues.
            Are you saying that no players in the Academies should have a goal of making the national team? There's not a single player in the nation, playing in the Academy program, that doesn't have a legitimate level of play to think they could make that roster?

There are, of course, as there should be, any number of players who aspire to reach a NT roster within the Academy program. To say that having that as a goal is an issue, really shows us that you are the one with an issue.

Not every kid in the Academy will make the NT. In fact, the vast majority won't. But there are kids in those programs that have every right to see themselves on a NT roster someday and more power to them for all the hard work they are doing to try to make that vision their reality.

Comment

1) NYCFC
              2) CFC United
              3) OW
              4) NYSC
              5) FSA

1) NYCFC
              2) OW
              3) NYSC
              4) CFC United
              5) FSA
              Nah, NY clubs not an option for most CT players.

1) CFC United
              2) FSA
              3) OW

In 3 years:

1) CFC United
              2) FSA
              3) OW

Comment

GDA v ECNL - 2018

Just saw the U17 girls national team roster was announced and they selected 20 of the 24 players from the new GDA (surprise, surprise). USSF clearly making a statement.

ECNL will have a tough time marketing against this.....

Battle for players in CT: FSA/CFC versus OW/NYSC/NYCFC.
                Hahahahaha. Idiot. Have you even read the GDA Mission Statement. There is a clear cut difference in the mission statement of the GDA and that from ECNL. Not that I care or favor either, but let me sum it up for you.

ECNL-Focuses on college and college soccer recruiting.
                GDA-Focuses on team USA and national team.

Read my pet read. They are NOT in direct competition.

Comment

Hahahahaha. Idiot. Have you even read the GDA Mission Statement. There is a clear cut difference in the mission statement of the GDA and that from ECNL. Not that I care or favor either, but let me sum it up for you.

Yeah sure bubski. 4 age groups times 25 kids times 40... you bet. 4000 kids for 20 spots. Go chase another rainbow

Comment

That might be so, but by playing for NYCFC and training like the boys, my daughter will kick your daughters ass at ANY college camp, she will be clearly better, and college coaches will see the difference quickly, and say thanks for coming CT girl....

Comment

LA Galaxy is free to play for girls right now. I also am hearing that NYCFC will be free soon for the girls as well. Over time, more GDA pro-affiliated clubs will follow. Relax. Still early in the life cycle of the league.
                      Not enough to make a difference. There's no money in women's soccer and pro clubs are struggling as it is. Hell, many men's teams don't want to be paying for BDA because they get very little financial reward out of it vs what they have to spend. But at least BDA is more socio-economically diverse. GDA? Not so much

Comment

They are NOT in direct competition.
                        Other than DA needs thousands of participants, most of them paying, to be practice cones for the 200 male and female players the USSF cares about. To the extent they are taking players, coaches and clubs from ECNL then they are in direct competition. There is a finite amount of talent and resources out there and all DA is doing is dividing it further to the benefit of almost no one

Comment

GDA v ECNL - 2018

Yeah sure bubski. 4 age groups times 25 kids times 40... you bet. 4000 kids for 20 spots. Go chase another rainbow
                          Buddy how dumb are you??? Seriously. That is not my take on it, that is actually the difference in their agendas. Has nothing to do with me idiota. Man you are dumb as *****.

Comment

Nah, NY clubs not an option for most CT players.

1) CFC United
                            2) FSA
                            3) OW

In 3 years:

1) CFC United
                            2) FSA
                            3) OW
                            Most players in Fairfield County and Danbury Area are candidates for NYSC, and to a lesser extent NYCFC. That is a large part of the CT player pool. So I disagree.

Comment

Not enough to make a difference. There's no money in women's soccer and pro clubs are struggling as it is. Hell, many men's teams don't want to be paying for BDA because they get very little financial reward out of it vs what they have to spend. But at least BDA is more socio-economically diverse. GDA? Not so much
                              What do socio economics have to do with it? Are people with less money better athletes?

Comment

For a program that is not focusing on college recruitment (GDA), they sure put together a terrific list of college coach attendees at their most recent FL showcase. I would argue that it is more impressive than the ECNL FL college coaches list.

So to say they are not direct competitors is naïve.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X