Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    On what basis is gender relevant to the selection of a Head Coach for a men's or woman's college team?
    Coaching is about relationships. Some players respond better to a female than a male and vice versa. Same thing in the work place. Some respond bettter to a female boss than a male and vice versa. Talk to the players instead of assuming you know how they feel. I think you’ll be surprised at their responses. What’s the best way to reach them all? Hire a balanced staff. Again. Please find a D1 staff that has had a ton of success either as all male or all female coaching a women’s sport. I’ll wait. You’ll talk Title IX but avoid reality. My point remains the same. Hire whatever head coach you want. But you better balance the staff out.

Comment

Coaching is about relationships. Some players respond better to a female than a male and vice versa. Same thing in the work place. Some respond bettter to a female boss than a male and vice versa. Talk to the players instead of assuming you know how they feel. I think you’ll be surprised at their responses. What’s the best way to reach them all? Hire a balanced staff. Again. Please find a D1 staff that has had a ton of success either as all male or all female coaching a women’s sport. I’ll wait. You’ll talk Title IX but avoid reality. My point remains the same. Hire whatever head coach you want. But you better balance the staff out.

How has any of this been different than in the past? Do you tell us stuff we don't already know? Who is talking about Title IX here? Shouldn't my objective be to hire the best staff I can afford that will make the program successful? Based on your logic, should I concern myself now with how many of the players might be gay or lesbian and need to balance staff over that? Should I worry about the color of their skin or their religious affiliations too, when balancing staff?

Why would you think my opinion is not developed from having spoken about this to many athletes already?

Comment

The last staff was balanced.

Comment

How has any of this been different than in the past? Do you tell us stuff we don't already know? Who is talking about Title IX here? Shouldn't my objective be to hire the best staff I can afford that will make the program successful? Based on your logic, should I concern myself now with how many of the players might be gay or lesbian and need to balance staff over that? Should I worry about the color of their skin or their religious affiliations too, when balancing staff?

Why would you think my opinion is not developed from having spoken about this to many athletes already?
          Ignoring a very simple and basic question. Please find ONE highly successful program that has an all female or all male staff. I’ll wait.

Comment

Ignoring a very simple and basic question. Please find ONE highly successful program that has an all female or all male staff. I’ll wait.
            You won't find many females anywhere in men's soccer lol. This is pretty exclusive to women's soccer but why should it be? My D could care less what gender is on staff; it's about personalities and fit. She also doesn't see the need to only use a female doctor. I'm assuming she will feel the same about her future boss(es) when she graduates.

Comment

You won't find many females anywhere in men's soccer lol. This is pretty exclusive to women's soccer but why should it be? My D could care less what gender is on staff; it's about personalities and fit. She also doesn't see the need to only use a female doctor. I'm assuming she will feel the same about her future boss(es) when she graduates.
              All female staff......

Lez be friends ......

Comment

Patriots
                Golden state
                Man u
                Penguins
                Ny yankees
                I can keep going

Comment

Patriots
                  Golden state
                  Man u
                  Penguins
                  Ny yankees
                  I can keep going
                  Pretty sure they are taking about all male or all female staffs for women’s sports. LOL. Even Geno has a balance staff at UConn. But by all means keep going dummy. Hahahaha

Comment

Pretty sure they are taking about all male or all female staffs for women’s sports. LOL. Even Geno has a balance staff at UConn. But by all means keep going dummy. Hahahaha
                    Men have dominated womens sports for years. Tennessee basketball?

Comment

Men have dominated womens sports for years. Tennessee basketball?
                      you think pat summit was a dude?

Comment

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/coll...ew-head-coach/

Comment

UM screwed up .... Could have had MR. That is a bad hire.

Comment

Huh? SB is awesome. Did well at GW amd has coaches at Texas and UConn as well. Very good hire.

Comment

Sorry. Thought you meant Miami. Still think the Michigan hire is good as well. Comes from a very good program. Well liked. She will have success.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X