Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They didn't play at Yale Bowl. They played at Reese and it was packed. The point of the poster I believe was that Dillon would need to average more than that every night to hit their projections
    OP there - that's what I was trying to say. If a championship game on a gorgeous summer night can only bring in so many fans, I don't see how they can draw even bigger numbers on a regular basis

Comment

Of the 125k Hartford residents, how many are soccer fans? Of the 3.6mm ct residents, how many are soccer fans?

If a quality team in a quality league was coming to town, maybe, but this is not Barcelona, it isn’t even nycfc.

To ask Hartford residents to pony up 10mm so some rich dude can have a place for his team to play is crazy. How do the 125k residents of Hartford get the money back? Over what time frame? The math doesn’t work. No trickle down with “50” full time jobs. I want to see what those 50 jobs are too. Are they going to go to Hartford residents? If not, another smoke screen to try and get over on Hartford residents.

Bernie 2020

I see your College degree worked out fine, but “Dikki suit man” if every vision maker was to follow your rules, a guy like Marc Cuban would be sitting at a desk job like YOU thinking about His next post on TS.
      You’re a numbers man only, the same guy that calculated that the fisherman’, hunters and outdoorsman of CT would never shop at the Bass Pro Shop in Bridgeport ——” how many are there in Bridgport” you asked “it will never work” you claimed.

Dikki please leave the site and hibernate for a few months. I’m tired of guys like you coming on here with your FAKE comments,what’s so bad about it, is for sure you are NOT a soccer fan , So what sport do you really play be honest.

Comment

"When Elm City won the national title they filled Yale."

There were 62K people at Yale Bowl for this game?

Hartford = Hole. Just like the baseball stadium all they do is give away tickets to all the local organizations and schools for free. Which is great for the kids just not good biz motto. Bridgeport lost the baseball team this year not coming back. Hartford will be next.
        Baseball sucks always has. Just A bunch of slobi eating dads shoving down nasty a** hotdogs for 3 hours , who has time for that. No one cares about Bridgeport Baseball even CT Baseball lovers had no love for that team.

Comment

...Just A bunch of slobi eating dads shoving down nasty a** hotdogs for 3 hours , who has time for that. ...
          Sounds like OW.

Comment

Sounds like a bad deal for Hartford. Creates 50 full time jobs? What fulltime jobs?

125k a yr, they better be giving a 20 year guaranteed lease.

Perhaps Hartford should pay 10mm into the under funded teachers pension system rather than to give a new stadium for 10th division soccer.
            what was hartford fc offering to pay for rent for there 6 home games??? oh wait we'll come and roll up our sleeves and help with maintenance of the facility instead of paying rent. got it now.

maybe the teachers should put more money into there own pensions as ever other american does that does not belong to a union!

USL is a second division, stop making up stuff!

Comment

what was hartford fc offering to pay for rent for there 6 home games??? oh wait we'll come and roll up our sleeves and help with maintenance of the facility instead of paying rent. got it now.

maybe the teachers should put more money into there own pensions as ever other american does that does not belong to a union!

USL is a second division, stop making up stuff!
              You never liked teachers, am I right?

Comment

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/arti...ampaign=buffer

Comment

http://www.courant.com/community/har...mpression=true

Update on Dillon Stadium

Comment

Yay! After a $550M dollar bailout, Hartford floated another $10M in bonds for this project. Can someone please do the math for me how this updated stadium will ever pay for $10M plus interest? LUKE BRONIN FOR GOD! He can make money from nothing.

Comment

Yay! After a $550M dollar bailout, Hartford floated another $10M in bonds for this project. Can someone please do the math for me how this updated stadium will ever pay for $10M plus interest? LUKE BRONIN FOR GOD! He can make money from nothing.
                      hartford is not floating $10 M in bonds. money coming from the state bonding commission. Hartford is putting ZERO $$$ into the project, getting paid $325 K in rent and have the ability to have other events at the facilty.

Comment

hartford is not floating $10 M in bonds. money coming from the state bonding commission. Hartford is putting ZERO $$$ into the project, getting paid $325 K in rent and have the ability to have other events at the facilty.
                        Does it matter, they would never pay for it either way. $325k/year for a 20-year deal .... does that amount to a $10M payback? Just take another $100 from each of our paychecks so Bulkeley can play football and soccer in a nice stadium. Totally worth it! What a friggin joke! That city is hemorrhaging money and that idiot Malloy lets them. Besides the firemen, has the city reduced a single service to try to lower their costs?I can't wait until my last one graduates HS so I can get the heck out of this state.

Comment

Does it matter, they would never pay for it either way. $325k/year for a 20-year deal .... does that amount to a $10M payback? Just take another $100 from each of our paychecks so Bulkeley can play football and soccer in a nice stadium. Totally worth it! What a friggin joke! That city is hemorrhaging money and that idiot Malloy lets them. Besides the firemen, has the city reduced a single service to try to lower their costs?I can't wait until my last one graduates HS so I can get the heck out of this state.
                          go complain about the yard goats sweet heart lease deal on that $74M stadium they got.
                          was that well worth it for the city?

your cleaning up an area of the city that is an eye sore from I91. its called developement, need to invest to develope.

Comment

don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya

Comment

go complain about the yard goats sweet heart lease deal on that $74M stadium they got.
                              was that well worth it for the city?

your cleaning up an area of the city that is an eye sore from I91. its called developement, need to invest to develope.
                              Yeah, put it in an area where there are no bars or restaurants and no ability to put in new ones. Also games are only between April - September. $90M+ that will never get paid back. Stop building projects that can not come close to breaking even and will not revitalize anything with menial, low paying jobs.

Comment

Yeah, put it in an area where there are no bars or restaurants and no ability to put in new ones. Also games are only between April - September. $90M+ that will never get paid back. Stop building projects that can not come close to breaking even and will not revitalize anything with menial, low paying jobs.
                                You must not get around too much. In cities all across America, once old , crumbling areas and neighborhoods are coming alive again. The allure of suburban living escapes many younger and even older people. Starting with the Stadium rebuild is a step in the right direction. People are looking for more things to do within the cities, more options , activities and events.

These types of developments provide affordable entertainment and accessibility without having to drive several hours. This represents what a soccer culture can look like when an effort is made. Europe is full of stadiums like this.

Regardless of your opinion of employment opportunities, " low paying jobs " are still jobs, and there are people who will be interested . 65 % of the state population doesn't have a College Degree , and those people contribute to the economy in many ways. Indeed, [art of the future of the sate is to provide Equal Opportunity no matter what your educational credentials.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X