Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here: You will be proven wrong. Any decent player with an opportunity on another GDA club or even ECNL will have already decided on that. They want to be locked in for next year. Clubs will force them to lock in because they have other players willing to take a spot and they need to move down the list. That's how the tryout season works. The only ones willing to enter the disaster below are those who got no PT elsewhere (GDA, ECNL or lower) and think they might at LISC. If their record improves next year it will only be because Alby and Seacoast will enter the NE division to beat up on. Then there's the coaching...which is supposed to be what GDA is all about right? LISC doesn't have that either, or any organizational savvy. While USSF wasn't going to eject any club the first year, rest assured LISC is on probation.

Their U15s go 2-25-3, last place
    U17s finish exactly the same - what are the odds?
    U19s finish 2nd to last 4-20-1
    100% THIS!!!

LISC as a club was ranked dead last, 69th out of 69 clubs in RPI with most of their teams also ranking dead last in their respective age groups (I think the 18/19 age group faired a little better).
    LISC took 2 steps to try and improve-
    1-got rid of the atrocious trainer Maria that they literally just handed the program over to, which had they done any research at all, would've realized she was way underqualified. Hiring MF was an OK move, but certainly not one that's going to set the world on fire. I mean if they were just going to hire an old Rough Riders trainer, they should've gone with GS who definitely would've attracted some top level players.

2-scaled back to just 2 GDA teams in the younger age groups, but most who are imbedded in the GDA works say that it was their choice, it was a GDA mandate. A sort of probationary "pilot" program.

They can pay BOTN all the money in the world to try and spin things in a positive direction, but it won't matter. They can clammer all they want on TS about how they got a bunch of great new players, but most know that these are mostly "reserve" players who didn't see a lot of pt on their former teams. Sure, on paper, kids coming from Fury, Alby, EM, seem like great "gets" but filling a roster with player #15-18 from other clubs isn't really a recipe for success.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb here: You will be proven wrong. Any decent player with an opportunity on another GDA club or even ECNL will have already decided on that. They want to be locked in for next year. Clubs will force them to lock in because they have other players willing to take a spot and they need to move down the list. That's how the tryout season works. The only ones willing to enter the disaster below are those who got no PT elsewhere (GDA, ECNL or lower) and think they might at LISC. If their record improves next year it will only be because Alby and Seacoast will enter the NE division to beat up on. Then there's the coaching...which is supposed to be what GDA is all about right? LISC doesn't have that either, or any organizational savvy. While USSF wasn't going to eject any club the first year, rest assured LISC is on probation.

Overall they finish 8-70-7. Some weren't just losses but bloodbaths. Ok forget just a minute about the poor coaching there, which is supposed to what GDA is about right (more training less games)? How does a player stay motivated week after week with that track record? How do you convince any decent player who has other opportunities to stay? Short of getting THE BEST coaches in the NE to come in (they didn't) I don't see how any DA quality player would go there.

Comment

100% THIS!!!

LISC as a club was ranked dead last, 69th out of 69 clubs in RPI with most of their teams also ranking dead last in their respective age groups (I think the 18/19 age group faired a little better).
        LISC took 2 steps to try and improve-
        1-got rid of the atrocious trainer Maria that they literally just handed the program over to, which had they done any research at all, would've realized she was way underqualified. Hiring MF was an OK move, but certainly not one that's going to set the world on fire. I mean if they were just going to hire an old Rough Riders trainer, they should've gone with GS who definitely would've attracted some top level players.

2-scaled back to just 2 GDA teams in the younger age groups, but most who are imbedded in the GDA works say that it was their choice, it was a GDA mandate. A sort of probationary "pilot" program.

They can pay BOTN all the money in the world to try and spin things in a positive direction, but it won't matter. They can clammer all they want on TS about how they got a bunch of great new players, but most know that these are mostly "reserve" players who didn't see a lot of pt on their former teams. Sure, on paper, kids coming from Fury, Alby, EM, seem like great "gets" but filling a roster with player #15-18 from other clubs isn't really a recipe for success.
        Gotta love how BOTN is pushing GDA (but not Fury & Alby) at every twist and turn now that he is shilling for LISC. I actually read a post where he said people were envious because their kids weren't good enough for LISC. I literally spit my coffee out...

Comment

Gotta love how BOTN is pushing GDA (but not Fury & Alby) at every twist and turn now that he is shilling for LISC. I actually read a post where he said people were envious because their kids weren't good enough for LISC. I literally spit my coffee out...
          He’s not as into Susa lately either. He’s kinda caught between LISC and Susa. Although he is leaning LISC. Probably trying to get them some players to fill out their rosters. No one of any value is switching now based on BotN. I wasn’t drinking coffee now, but I think I spit some up as well.

Comment

He’s not as into Susa lately either. He’s kinda caught between LISC and Susa. Although he is leaning LISC. Probably trying to get them some players to fill out their rosters. No one of any value is switching now based on BotN. I wasn’t drinking coffee now, but I think I spit some up as well.
            It's just so ridiculous how transparent BOTN is. All last year it was Surf, Surf, Surf. Then all this year, he was anti-GDA claiming that the HS experience was invaluable and the kids will never get those years back, blah, blah, blah.

Now that LISC is paying him, BOTN is claiming GDA is the present and future of youth soccer and anybody who doesn't get on board (but only with LISC) is missing the boat. So pathetic...

Comment

Hate Larry Miller, he is an old bastard that pushes his own agenda, I hope he drops dead.

Comment

I see that ECNL has added a new club, Wilmington Hammerheads, ***???? If that doesn't sound like a local rec. league team, I don’t know what does. Also, why would LAFC allow Slammers to take their club to ECNL, when they already have Slammers, just greedy mother****ers everywhere....

Comment

I see that ECNL has added a new club, Wilmington Hammerheads, ***???? If that doesn't sound like a local rec. league team, I don’t know what does. Also, why would LAFC allow Slammers to take their club to ECNL, when they already have Slammers, just greedy mother****ers everywhere....
                  Now you're going after clubs based on their names? I mean the Long Island Rough Riders is quite possibly the worst...maybe that's why ECNL and GDA declined their multiple applications, lol.
                  If you weren't such a dolt, you'd realize that the Hammerheads are the Semi-pro team in Wilmington and their program is a pretty logical choice. I looked at some of their teams and they've all won some pretty major tourneys-Jeff Cup, CASL, Disney...I'll take them in a league over clubs like LISC, Albertson, Empire United and Seacoast ANY DAY OF THE YEAR. The top teams in those clubs, GDA or not, would never even get within 3 flights of Wilmington at a tournament!

Comment

Sounds like you don’t have a lot of values. Your referring to children aren’t you? You guys spend an awful lot of time focusing on LISC. A bit strange for adults without a child on it. Get a life.

Comment

Now you're going after clubs based on their names? I mean the Long Island Rough Riders is quite possibly the worst...maybe that's why ECNL and GDA declined their multiple applications, lol.
                      If you weren't such a dolt, you'd realize that the Hammerheads are the Semi-pro team in Wilmington and their program is a pretty logical choice. I looked at some of their teams and they've all won some pretty major tourneys-Jeff Cup, CASL, Disney...I'll take them in a league over clubs like LISC, Albertson, Empire United and Seacoast ANY DAY OF THE YEAR. The top teams in those clubs, GDA or not, would never even get within 3 flights of Wilmington at a tournament!
                      Semi-pro club from Wilmington Wherever, Hahahaha, quaking in my shoes...

Comment

You are right, most players have already made the decision to where they will play next year. Some have already made the decision to move, their old club just might not know it yet. The first legal signing day for the GDA was 7/1. Bet you didn't know that did you? How do you know how many other girls from ECNL might have signed already?

You haven't been keeping up with the changes. First - Meghan Frye as the new coach is fantastic.
                        Second - They are only fielding a U14 and U15 team this year, so your predictions for the U17 and U19 are already wrong. LOL.
                        As far as the U15 go, I guess we'll see won't we?

Comment

Semi-pro club from Wilmington Wherever, Hahahaha, quaking in my shoes...
                          Semi-pro, the same exact league as the Rough Riders. Isn't that the team that the owner of LISC owns and where they're getting their coaches?

Still take Wilmington Hammerheads in a league over LISC, Albertson, Empire United, Seacoast
                          ANY DAY OF THE YEAR!

Comment

Semi-pro, the same exact league as the Rough Riders. Isn't that the team that the owner of LISC owns and where they're getting their coaches?

Still take Wilmington Hammerheads in a league over LISC, Albertson, Empire United, Seacoast
                            ANY DAY OF THE YEAR!
                            Don’t know them, but checked their website. They own multiple fields, a stadium and a full indoor facility. Have three tourneys per year. PDL team. Definitely looks like a legit organization. I don’t know how their youth teams performed in leagues or how many kids in the club. But overall, I can definitely see how they would qualify for ECNL membership.

Comment

You are right, most players have already made the decision to where they will play next year. Some have already made the decision to move, their old club just might not know it yet. The first legal signing day for the GDA was 7/1. Bet you didn't know that did you? How do you know how many other girls from ECNL might have signed already?

You haven't been keeping up with the changes. First - Meghan Frye as the new coach is fantastic.
                              Second - They are only fielding a U14 and U15 team this year, so your predictions for the U17 and U19 are already wrong. LOL.
                              As far as the U15 go, I guess we'll see won't we?
                              What's the point of only having two younger teams? Oh, no HS aged players want to give up HS for LISC

Comment

What's the point of only having two younger teams? Oh, no HS aged players want to give up HS for LISC
                                USSF revoked their membership for the older teams. They are on probation with the 2 younger teams as a pilot to see if they can improve things.

There is going to be a lot of surprising movement within GDA...just wait and see.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X