Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is exactly why families need to think about the best fit. There's too much advocacy here. This person doesn't know what DA is going to be any more than an ECNL coach knows that ECNL will survive. And he lost me when he suggested bottom of roster is going to play in college. If you believe that, I've got a nice bridge for you to buy.
    I personally love folks like you. You have no idea who is capable of playing in college and are just talking out your butt to further your stupid agenda. Apparently you aren't aware that this state is producing between 50-75 scholarship earning (D1/D2) female players a year and probably an equal number at the non scholarship D3 level. Considering that you are only talking about roughly 20 roster spots per year between the two local DA programs even the bottom of the roster players are going to end up with scholarship offers. Now consider that there are probably 2 dozen D1/D2 programs within the states touching Mass and each one usually looks to bring in roughly 5 players a year, there is going to be more than enough demand for their services.

Comment

High School season is 8 weeks long. Hardly going destroy the skills of a top level player, even if the the team is weaker. Many of these players use HS to play a different position (which should help there overall game), and try to improve on areas that they might be weaker in, in order to build confidence. You are also getting 8 weeks of conditioning and at your foot. I disagree that the potential bad outweighs the good, I just do. Then you add the social aspect of it, and memories made for playing in front of crowds, and peers, and for your school. There are intangibles that I feel should not be sacrificed, in order for 1-2 players in a club get to play for a NT. I just think faulty reasoning and going down the wrong path to improve our national program.
      Anyone who doubts that there are enough kids out there who take their soccer seriously and have it as their number one priority hasn't the first clue what makes a true top level player tick. True top level players are wired differently than even your average college bound prospect. Typically they are not the center of their school's social networks because they are out playing soccer while their classmates are socializing so all of this harping about girls needing to be with their friends is just off the mark. Top level players just march to a different beat altogether and usually they are somewhat aloof from the crowd because they are so focused on their goals. I think you will find that with that type of kid the opportunity to do more of what they love is going to be very attractive to them.

Comment

I personally love folks like you. You have no idea who is capable of playing in college and are just talking out your butt to further your stupid agenda. Apparently you aren't aware that this state is producing between 50-75 scholarship earning (D1/D2) female players a year and probably an equal number at the non scholarship D3 level. Considering that you are only talking about roughly 20 roster spots per year between the two local DA programs even the bottom of the roster players are going to end up with scholarship offers. Now consider that there are probably 2 dozen D1/D2 programs within the states touching Mass and each one usually looks to bring in roughly 5 players a year, there is going to be more than enough demand for their services.
        this state is producing between 50-75 scholarship earning (D1/D2) female players a year????? Really, is this true?

Comment

http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-club-directory

Awful travel for the northeast.

Boston is in a tough position. Travel to Syracuse, Pa. Va a few times and Maryland.

East meadow is back in. NYCFC is out.

Is World Class in both ?
          We have been told Northeast DA will split into North/South like ECNL. So play Southern teams home or away and switches every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            this state is producing between 50-75 scholarship earning (D1/D2) female players a year????? Really, is this true?
            Not even close

Comment

Anyone who doubts that there are enough kids out there who take their soccer seriously and have it as their number one priority hasn't the first clue what makes a true top level player tick. True top level players are wired differently than even your average college bound prospect. Typically they are not the center of their school's social networks because they are out playing soccer while their classmates are socializing so all of this harping about girls needing to be with their friends is just off the mark. Top level players just march to a different beat altogether and usually they are somewhat aloof from the crowd because they are so focused on their goals. I think you will find that with that type of kid the opportunity to do more of what they love is going to be very attractive to them.
              Sounds like my daughter and she can't wait for DA in the fall.

Comment

Not even close
                Well if you count the $10,000 partial scholarships, you might be close.
                FC Stars posts their college commitments and about 75% of ECNL girls move onto D1 or D2 programs. Add in 50% of the NPL team playing D2 and the no. from Stars alone is about half the low end of that range. NEFC, FCB, Aztecs, etc. picking up the rest.

Comment

Well if you count the $10,000 partial scholarships, you might be close.
                  FC Stars posts their college commitments and about 75% of ECNL girls move onto D1 or D2 programs. Add in 50% of the NPL team playing D2 and the no. from Stars alone is about half the low end of that range. NEFC, FCB, Aztecs, etc. picking up the rest.
                  My D got almost twice that amount, so you are a bit off.

Comment

My D got almost twice that amount, so you are a bit off.
                    Doo doo head

Comment

Sounds like my daughter and she can't wait for DA in the fall.
                      DA will be great for some, continuing development through high school age and avoiding the damage of high school soccer. The ones that value the social side more will stick to ECNL. Both good choices in their own way.

Comment

Not even close
                        It was reported here on TS that 2 years ago NEFC placed around 20 players in D1/D2. Add the Stars in and just between the two clubs you get close to that 50 number just in D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          It was reported here on TS that 2 years ago NEFC placed around 20 players in D1/D2. Add the Stars in and just between the two clubs you get close to that 50 number just in D1.
                          You are counting boys and girls.

Comment

no way!

Comment

So I do not have a daughter that plays but I have known two teenage girls who played on regional teams and have been in NT camps and both have scholarships to D1 schools. while I agree they are driven more than the average player, both that I knew were in fact not aloof in the way you speak and were just as much into the social aspects of being a teenage girl as any other, but when it was time for practice or training they had different priorities. So I would just be a bit careful about generalizing too much. Obviously neither had the opportunity to do something like DA because it is new but they both played on top club teams, ODP, and various US soccer based events for top players. I am assuming if we now have DA, that this must be considered the "new path" for top players to follow ?

Comment

So I do not have a daughter that plays but....
                                But for some reason you decided to check out and comment in a thread about girls' leagues? Come on, try a little harder.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X