Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dude, this is a soccer forum. Your going on about your child's non soccer achievement scream to us all...

Youth soccer drama is my hobby and that's why I am reading and posting on this soccer site. Unfortunately my kid sucks at soccer and I got nothing good to post about his waning soccer career. So I will go all holier than thou and say how much smarter he is than all the soccer jocks and their athletic scholarships (that I know nothing about since my kid couldn't even dream of getting on the field with them) so I can feel better about his childhood deficiencies.

Maybe go post on the "mathlete" forum where you can better tout his accomplishments...
    Just sounds really lame here.
    He's playing soccer in college.

Comment

Same as these studs
      www.bcmensclubsoccer.com/

Comment

Same as these studs
        www.bcmensclubsoccer.com/
        BC was his safety school

Comment

Isn't "tilting at windmills" how the idiom goes?
          Tilting is the act of thrusting with a lance while jousting .

Comment

Tilting is the act of thrusting with a lance while jousting .
            Don Quixote

Comment

Don Quixote
              Yes, at imaginary enemies.

Comment

So you should be proud of your son, and you are right to be happy about a "paltry sum" for a school whose sticker will soon be on your bumper.

I am glad that your son had the confidence and EQ to refrain from a "signing day" picture/post. I do agree with the other poster's that your posts on TS signal that you don't have the same confidence. You can't simultaneously be on TS and credibly claim "It's was always about academics". I'm glad your happy, but admit it, you still catch yourself saying "he could've played D1. but...academics... his choice"
                I feel sorry for the kids who get pulled along on parent coat tails only to land at a school some one other than themselves chose only to come off the bench for 10 minutes a game or maybe to get only 40 minutes burning their freshman year so mom/dad can have their bumper sticker. The knife cuts both ways for those living vicariously and in the end the kid is the one cut deapest by it. If your kid is 'that good' as you academic poo poo'ers are touting then FC Dallas:FC Bayern will be calling - lol
                a dd parent

Comment

I feel sorry for the kids who get pulled along on parent coat tails only to land at a school some one other than themselves chose only to come off the bench for 10 minutes a game or maybe to get only 40 minutes burning their freshman year so mom/dad can have their bumper sticker. The knife cuts both ways for those living vicariously and in the end the kid is the one cut deapest by it. If your kid is 'that good' as you academic poo poo'ers are touting then FC Dallas:FC Bayern will be calling - lol
                  a dd parent
                  Do you think this happens a lot? Reading TS it feels like people think every kid has a choice of every school and then gets bullied by some vicarious living monster parent into an awful situation. It also reads like every kid can and should start every game on every team.

It takes a complex and difficult (often compromise) decision and tries to make it seem so easy.

I feel sorry for those who are not in full possession of the facts but feel the need to draw conclusions on other peoples kids, parenting, soccer ability, academic chops, college choices, finances , etc etc.

Comment

Do you think this happens a lot? Reading TS it feels like people think every kid has a choice of every school and then gets bullied by some vicarious living monster parent into an awful situation. It also reads like every kid can and should start every game on every team.

It takes a complex and difficult (often compromise) decision and tries to make it seem so easy.

I feel sorry for those who are not in full possession of the facts but feel the need to draw conclusions on other peoples kids, parenting, soccer ability, academic chops, college choices, finances , etc etc.
                    Bingo. Makes you wonder what went wrong in their lives that they would direct such anger at others while hiding like a scared little child.

Comment

Bingo. Makes you wonder what went wrong in their lives that they would direct such anger at others while hiding like a scared little child.
                      Says "unregistered" as he casts stones.

Comment

So sorry you are disappoointed in juniors soccer ability and couldn't come on the soccer forum to pound your chest regarding his soccer success. Instead you have to tell everyone how much smarter he is than the kids who signed actual NLIs for multiyear significant deals. Good luck.

Can't understand why people don't get that kids are most often not only talented soccer players but also high achieving students. Oh because then they might have to admit another kid is more successful that theirs. keep those rose colored glasses on maybe you convinced the other D3ers that its all good.

Comment

Lol. Pretty clear it already hit your club otherwise you wouldn’t be here B&M about NEFC. Where would those 60 commits play in years past? So sorry they aren’t even thinking about those clubs any longer so can hold your breath until you drop dead waiting for things to catch up with me. The landscape has changed and no one is going back to the ECNL unless they are desperate to save face. Sorry, the truth must hurt.
                          Pretty clear you are posting, BTNT, and still posting out of hate and jealousy. Sad.

Comment

OP is going to say D3 aren't true commitments because there is no scholarship money involved.
                            I have been reading this thread and thinking to myself... "These poor stupid parents. They are focusing on the wrong things". D1, D2, D3, Club... None of it will allow your kids to get the best education for the least amount of money and that is all that matters. You can just look at rosters of D1 schools where former Mass players are currently playing. A. there aren't a lot of them and b. few play a ton and c. few get full rides, let alone half rides.

My daughter played at the NPL level and had several d3 offers from excellent academic schools who offered big merit money (up to $30,000 a year). Some of these idiots posting I think would give that up for less money (and less playing time) to attend a much worse academic environment just to say their kid got a D1 offer. Really??? Why? Is your daughter going to play professionally? Will it help her get a job when she graduates? Will it help her pay off her loans (sometimes 10's of thousands of dollars)? No, No and No. My advice to you parents is to stop making this about you and your bragging rights and instead advise your kid to focus on academics and financial commitment and fit. If your kid gets 50,000 a year in merit to go to a top school but not play soccer, for Christ sake talk your kid into not playing soccer!!! At the end of the day, its a hobby and she will have the chance and opportunities to play her whole life if she wants to but not have it cost her a mortgage and not have her sacrifice her college experience to do it.

Comment

I have been reading this thread and thinking to myself... "These poor stupid parents. They are focusing on the wrong things". D1, D2, D3, Club... None of it will allow your kids to get the best education for the least amount of money and that is all that matters. You can just look at rosters of D1 schools where former Mass players are currently playing. A. there aren't a lot of them and b. few play a ton and c. few get full rides, let alone half rides.

My daughter played at the NPL level and had several d3 offers from excellent academic schools who offered big merit money (up to $30,000 a year). Some of these idiots posting I think would give that up for less money (and less playing time) to attend a much worse academic environment just to say their kid got a D1 offer. Really??? Why? Is your daughter going to play professionally? Will it help her get a job when she graduates? Will it help her pay off her loans (sometimes 10's of thousands of dollars)? No, No and No. My advice to you parents is to stop making this about you and your bragging rights and instead advise your kid to focus on academics and financial commitment and fit. If your kid gets 50,000 a year in merit to go to a top school but not play soccer, for Christ sake talk your kid into not playing soccer!!! At the end of the day, its a hobby and she will have the chance and opportunities to play her whole life if she wants to but not have it cost her a mortgage and not have her sacrifice her college experience to do it.
                              Amen! Spot on. Crazy TS posters will scoff at your words but anyone with half a brain should be able to understand how true this is. Unless your kid is a NT prospect it should be all about the academics.

Comment

You say "Academics" but I bet you really mean prestige and admissions selectivity.
                                You may not be touting a D1 designation, but you appear equally concerned with status.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X