X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US U20 Women lose to Mexico

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...pionship-final

The continued proof of the failure of ECNL and DA programs and coaches. A US team cannot even beat Mexico in 2 hours of soccer, and their youth soccer infrastructure for girls is what exactly?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...pionship-final

The continued proof of the failure of ECNL and DA programs and coaches. A US team cannot even beat Mexico in 2 hours of soccer, and their youth soccer infrastructure for girls is what exactly?
    more than ours it seems. culture makes a big difference too - all those girls can play talented boys any time in informal matches, pickup games etc. even mexican girls probably have the ball at their feet far more than ours do. U.s. u20 girls are all in college playing college soccer, where development goes to die.

Comment

We're shutting down women's pro teams while Mexico's new women's league is filling stadiums. Culture, an organization that has a clue, professional opportunities (vs playing in college here and every once in awhile on the NT). Many reasons why we lost, not just ECNL.

https://www.univision.com/univision-...ws-huge-crowds

Comment

Considering how they struggled against Haiti recently, I would say US Soccer is going to struggle going forward as the rest of the world has quickly caught up.

Comment

Canada just lost to Haiti. I didn’t watch this game but I did watch Haiti vs US. Haiti struck me more of a team focused on speed and raw grit. They made plenty of cringe worthy plays but maybe in women’s soccer grit is something not valued as much when I think it should not be overlooked. Soccer elitism is failing the US. When US Soccer rewards players through a biased system built on a pay-to-play model, we intentionally ignore players who don’t fit a certain mold.

Comment

Canada just lost to Haiti. I didn’t watch this game but I did watch Haiti vs US. Haiti struck me more of a team focused on speed and raw grit. They made plenty of cringe worthy plays but maybe in women’s soccer grit is something not valued as much when I think it should not be overlooked. Soccer elitism is failing the US. When US Soccer rewards players through a biased system built on a pay-to-play model, we intentionally ignore players who don’t fit a certain mold.
            The darling picks are tanking when it matters. keep it up USSF. You're doing a fantastic job - - for the rest of the world. What a joke.

Comment

We're shutting down women's pro teams while Mexico's new women's league is filling stadiums. Culture, an organization that has a clue, professional opportunities (vs playing in college here and every once in awhile on the NT). Many reasons why we lost, not just ECNL.

https://www.univision.com/univision-...ws-huge-crowds
              geesh - we only get those crowds for a NT game, barely

Comment

The darling picks are tanking when it matters. keep it up USSF. You're doing a fantastic job - - for the rest of the world. What a joke.
                Mens' and women's side...maybe a new president will be able to shake it up and re-organize (maybe; given internal politics I think it will be a difficult task)) but it will take time to implement and start seeing results.

Comment

more than ours it seems. culture makes a big difference too - all those girls can play talented boys any time in informal matches, pickup games etc. even mexican girls probably have the ball at their feet far more than ours do. U.s. u20 girls are all in college playing college soccer, where development goes to die.
                  You do know that many of the Mexican players are dual eligible and American. They played in the ECNL. All capable girls can play with boys if they so choose. Mine played competitively through u14 with boys and now train 1-2x/week with them.

Comment

You do know that many of the Mexican players are dual eligible and American. They played in the ECNL. All capable girls can play with boys if they so choose. Mine played competitively through u14 with boys and now train 1-2x/week with them.
                    so impressed.

not

Comment

Very few US female players that that are fun to watch.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X