Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. Couldn’t be a better situation for the team and everyone involved. One junior now senior really had an injustice last year which I’m sure you’ll know what I’m talking about. Good news is that it probably won’t happen again. Getting a GK and a Frosh recognized was a breath of fresh air. Next step will be to look beyond stats going forward. Thankful to have the new coach going forward
    it will happen again, in fact its already started

Comment

This blog is a joke because the same points are always repeated and people continue to state the obvious. Its clear that the CFC02 team is the most talented team around - they have ahd the most success on a National Level. CFC is a farm system \ biggest club so I would expect them to have bigger numbers of kids with "CFC" on their resume, if they didn't it would be a red flag. And despite all the kids "resumes" from the FCIAC, 2 CCC teams made it to the Class LL finals. And only 1 player from the Class LL championship team made it as an AA (but for the second year in a row). So, the winning has much more to do with the team dynamic and competitiveness of the group rather than the individual "resumes" of the players. No one expected a G \ S final, did they?
      *** are you talking about
      are you saying that the kids from Southington and Gastonbury don't play club?
      really????

BTW the kids from RHS all play club as well- some have quit to focus on other sports but this is not their first Fn soccer game, and G/S have resume kids one of them scored the only goal

keep your team kumbaya BS to yourself
      everyone of those teams are good teams with good players- that's why the games were so close

Comment

how do you know what they have or haven't been instilled with
        you obviously have never had a kid go thru this- you don't think they've played with college kids already. some have been doing it since they were sophs some earlier
        that's part of the reason they are so good- they play with boys, older girls, some in mens leagues- this isn't about lucky kids this is about kids who do the work and take their lumps
        Agree. Odd post by the OP. I’m one such parent of a kid who’s achieved a lot of HS honors, and have been pretty blunt about the massive step up in talent at the next level — not that she needs to hear it from me as she plays against that same talent all Spring.

Comment

Yes. Couldn’t be a better situation for the team and everyone involved. One junior now senior really had an injustice last year which I’m sure you’ll know what I’m talking about. Good news is that it probably won’t happen again. Getting a GK and a Frosh recognized was a breath of fresh air. Next step will be to look beyond stats going forward. Thankful to have the new coach going forward
          I'm familiar with the team. Injustice how? must be something internal, I haven't heard anything rumor wise.

Comment

I'm familiar with the team. Injustice how? must be something internal, I haven't heard anything rumor wise.
            Probably just a parent upset their kid didn't get an award. Happens every year at nearly every school. Nothing new.

Comment

Probably just a parent upset their kid didn't get an award. Happens every year at nearly every school. Nothing new.
              Totally, with the word "injustice" being the only clue one needs to figure it out.

Comment

*** are you talking about
                are you saying that the kids from Southington and Gastonbury don't play club?
                really????

BTW the kids from RHS all play club as well- some have quit to focus on other sports but this is not their first Fn soccer game, and G/S have resume kids one of them scored the only goal

keep your team kumbaya BS to yourself
                everyone of those teams are good teams with good players- that's why the games were so close
                State championship finals and semi finals were littered with ECNL players on every team. Class S to class LL. Talent and great coaches win, the team chemistry stuff is very overrated

Comment

State championship finals and semi finals were littered with ECNL players on every team. Class S to class LL. Talent and great coaches win, the team chemistry stuff is very overrated
                  Talent ? Then how did Southington make it? Chemistry and coaching on that team. Talent is average, at best.

Comment

Even if 4 ECNL players on a team — doubt any had more than that — you still need seven strong role players plus some bench depth to win a championship. It’s both talent and chemistry. Gotta have both.

Comment

Even if 4 ECNL players on a team — doubt any had more than that — you still need seven strong role players plus some bench depth to win a championship. It’s both talent and chemistry. Gotta have both.
                      No doubt

Comment

Usually there will be a few good club players, some weaker club players, some travel level and 2-3 great athletes. Having a bunch of players with club badges is no guarantee of success, however. We all know the leagues are terribly diluted. Conversely there are some very good HS players for whom soccer isn't their main sport.

Team chemistry does have an impact but not huge. It may be that tiny edge that tips in your favor if positive, and for sure it can work against you if there's a lot of drama.

Comment

You get ball in back you have big foot. You kick over everyone in midfield. You you play forward you are fast very fast get ball kick to goal..

92 percent of play in High School Soccer.

Most teams cannot play the ball out of the back or even put three four passes together.

Comment

You get ball in back you have big foot. You kick over everyone in midfield. You you play forward you are fast very fast get ball kick to goal..

92 percent of play in High School Soccer.

Most teams cannot play the ball out of the back or even put three four passes together.
                            Boot it to the track star or lax stud up top; they're lightening fast but can't keep the ball or shoot to save their lives. That's our coach's strategy. Sigh.....

Comment

Boot it to the track star or lax stud up top; they're lightening fast but can't keep the ball or shoot to save their lives. That's our coach's strategy. Sigh.....
                              Most teams don't have a lot of talent to play any other way. Are you expecting the coach to develop these players in 3 months? You are setting unrealistic expectations. If you are looking for the beautiful game, you will not find it watching HS soccer.....it is what it is.

Comment

Talent ? Then how did Southington make it? Chemistry and coaching on that team. Talent is average, at best.
                                Isn't that bumble ML still coach there? Has to be chemistry then ..... Worst coach at FSA. My kid had him for half a season and we opted out. What a waste of time and money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X