TIME TO STOP the predator coaches in girls soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If those accusations are true this guy is a sexual predator. He is using the power of his coaching position to entice, lure and pressure young girls for sex. END OF STORY.

ANY PARENT OR PLAYER OR FELLOW COACH who hears the ongoing and repeated rumors, the enuendos, the back stories about school OR CLUB coaches and their players having relations need to step forward.

A Consenting relation cannot be formed between a player and a coach because of the power vacuum. Even if she says yes, she might be saying I don't have a choice if I want to play. It is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The guy married and has his kids with one of his ex players!

And have MANY MANY college coaches, basketball coaches, football coaches, field hockey and lax coaches, along with current college soccer coaches, have married former players, cheerleaders, trainers, grad assistants and athletic staff. Often male and female coaches starting out are young, 22 to 25 years old, and they tend to spend time with their peers, people within their own age group.

A number of former US women's national team players, some big names, are married to coaches, some even married to their youth coaches.

I guess my question to you is how many people do you know that married a co-worker or maybe even their boss? It happens all the time. The power dynamic is very similar. Right or wrong, it is VERY common.

I am not defending what took place with the coach at Yale, but I am against condemning all relationships between consenting adults on a college campus or in the work place.

Comment

And have MANY MANY college coaches, basketball coaches, football coaches, field hockey and lax coaches, along with current college soccer coaches, have married former players, cheerleaders, trainers, grad assistants and athletic staff. Often male and female coaches starting out are young, 22 to 25 years old, and they tend to spend time with their peers, people within their own age group.

A number of former US women's national team players, some big names, are married to coaches, some even married to their youth coaches.

I guess my question to you is how many people do you know that married a co-worker or maybe even their boss? It happens all the time. The power dynamic is very similar. Right or wrong, it is VERY common.

I am not defending what took place with the coach at Yale, but I am against condemning all relationships between consenting adults on a college campus or in the work place.
        One of the CFC owners married a CFC player, didnt he?

Comment

[looks around] giggles [ducks] [runs away]

Comment

Paul Riley, Head NWSL Coach of the NC Courage, married a player from his Albertson Fury youth team. Huge age difference, and there were always questions surrounding that relationship. Seems Paul is doing just fine....and I guess nobody in the NWSL has an issue.

Comment

BF was/is a terrible coach. He played his favorites and treated them differently from everyone else and it was clearly obvious in games/pracrtices! He allowed players to be bullied and if you ever check the rosters at UNH a lot of the girls played for a few years and left because of him. The AD was concerned with girls quitting, but never looked into the matter.

Comment

WAS is correct.

He will never coach again.

Comment

WAS is correct.

He will never coach again.
                  Guaranteed that he will.

Comment

There are several college coaches that have married former players. Santa Clara coach with Brandi Chastain to name one

Comment

Predator

No background check in existence would have found anything. None of this had ever been reported. How would any of this come up unless they interviewed every player that ever played for him? Not sure how this is Yale’s fault. The guy isn’t a criminal. He is an unethical coach that deserves to be fired and never coach again.

Comment

Yale says they did a background check? What did that consist of? This AD sounds like she has no idea what she's doing
                        Can't blame Yale entirely on this - it may have never come up at all in a background check and the complaints are from a decade ago. Blame the system where these guys can fly under the radar for years. Rarely will former employers share such information unless it's a matter of public record. They risk being sued if they falsely accuse someone so they'll only give dates of employment, position and salary. It's good that it's being reported more often, but people need to stop blaming victims when they don't come forward right away. That won't help improve reporting.

Comment

There are several college coaches that have married former players. Santa Clara coach with Brandi Chastain to name one
                          Yes it does happen. The smart ones don't get involved until well after the player has graduated and universities better make sure of that.

It is unclear if he got involved with his U Ma spouse while coaching her. The UNH accusations were when he was much younger and single.

Comment

Paul Riley, Head NWSL Coach of the NC Courage, married a player from his Albertson Fury youth team. Huge age difference, and there were always questions surrounding that relationship. Seems Paul is doing just fine....and I guess nobody in the NWSL has an issue.
                            PR is a cancer on LI youth soccer and has taken Fury down with him in flames. He told GDA players they could do GDA and HS at the same time, then got busted for it. Some player/coach relationships are ok (consenting adults and they only start well after the player graduated), but in his case it's definitely suspect.

Comment

Background checks don’t always help when colleges and universities consistently cover up sexual misconducts, rapes and other crimes committed on campuses. Anything that will hinder admissions is covered up and brushed under the carpet. This is why they have their own “police forces” and discourage reporting to outside police. They do nothing to protect victims but rather have long drawn out investigations which allows predators to transfer out - which they then drop the case. Always report to an outside police department. You might be asked to leave for doing it, but you protect yourself and get predators off campus. Prosecution of these predators should be pursued by the school’s - but they would first have to admit the problems
                              It sounds like the accusations only just now came out. Regardless, for legal reason (CYA) employers won't give that kind of information in a background check call. Falsely accuse someone and there's a lawsuit. It makes it easy for misconduct to fly under the radar for years, going from one employer to the next. But if it's never reported in the first place then for certain nothing will ever happen

Comment

Well said. The key is what was the employee/boss dynamic (or coach/player) dynamic at the time a relationships starts. If you're going to get involved, you better make sure HR and bosses clears it. Most likely one of you will have to change positions or even companies so that there's no one is a subordinate role.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X