Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me spell it out for your sparky, since you're lacking in reading comprehension. She's not attending FU, but a D3 school similar to Union. We she factored in the $100k+ in merit aid she was getting, and the track record the school has with getting kids into top medical and law schools, she chose that over the pompousness of a Wellesley, Williams or Wesleyan.
    Wellesley? Not nescac tight bag! My firm has a lot of union grads on the legal team. The other day, I went for a consult and my ortho was a union grad as well......said no one!

Keep telling your daughter union is better than Williams though

Comment

This thread has gone as expected.

No one is more defensive than NESCAC tuition payers. They will never rest!!

Comment

Wellesley? Not nescac tight bag! My firm has a lot of union grads on the legal team. The other day, I went for a consult and my ortho was a union grad as well......said no one!

I will give him this. Union wasn’t a great comparison. I think I would almost recommend trinity over union. Tuition, hartford and all.

Comment

Please please please post your name so we can all see how short d i cked you are.

Comment

I will give him this. Union wasn’t a great comparison. I think I would almost recommend trinity over union. Tuition, hartford and all.
            Both great schools, what’s wrong with people on this site. Everyone must have gone to Yale, Harvard Stanford, MIT or Princeton, every other school sucks right? (well except the NESCAC’s). SMH

Comment

Too funny. Apparently your reading comprehension is not up to standards.
              1. I never said better. I didn't rank the schools.
              2. I didn't say she attended Union. I didn't name the school because I knew you'd be trashing any school that did not have the NESCAC stamp on it.
              3. I'm VERY comfortable with her choice. On track to attend a T25 law school, play some soccer and doing a ton of good work with St. Judes.

If you got out a bit, you'd see there are some schools with VERY comparable grad school placements at half the cost.

Here's some reading for you. We can help with the big words if you need...

https://www.brookings.edu/research/b...-year-schools/

But good for you...Seems like your a big fan of the 'Cac...

Comment

thanks for that link ^. Helpful. I did notice a few schools are missing but you can probably benchmark based off a few others with similar profiles

Comment

Too funny. Apparently your reading comprehension is not up to standards.
                  1. I never said better. I didn't rank the schools.
                  2. I didn't say she attended Union. I didn't name the school because I knew you'd be trashing any school that did not have the NESCAC stamp on it.
                  3. I'm VERY comfortable with her choice. On track to attend a T25 law school, play some soccer and doing a ton of good work with St. Judes.

If you got out a bit, you'd see there are some schools with VERY comparable grad school placements at half the cost.

Here's some reading for you. We can help with the big words if you need...

https://www.brookings.edu/research/b...-year-schools/

But good for you...Seems like your a big fan of the 'Cac...
                  So three schools debated on the thread Earnings/Occupational Earnings/Loan Repayment

Williams 98/82/99
                  FU 82/77/86
                  Union na/92/94

Many often discussed schools have some pretty bad scores, which leads to this article I saw recently, discussion how so many students are getting ripped off in college/shouldn't be there. Choosing wisely matters

https://www.dailywire.com/news/willi...ign=benshapiro

Comment

thanks for that link ^. Helpful. I did notice a few schools are missing but you can probably benchmark based off a few others with similar profiles
                    It's no holy grail, but we found it to be a good guide as we were trying to narrow down choices.

We looked at this, the WSJ, fit and net cost (we don't qualify for need based aid and don't need to take out loans) and stayed away from the popularity contests.

Comment

So three schools debated on the thread Earnings/Occupational Earnings/Loan Repayment

Williams 98/82/99
                      FU 82/77/86
                      Union na/92/94

Many often discussed schools have some pretty bad scores, which leads to this article I saw recently, discussion how so many students are getting ripped off in college/shouldn't be there. Choosing wisely matters

https://www.dailywire.com/news/willi...ign=benshapiro
                      Attention

Top thread for these idiots arguing over pay out of a school they just spent 350k on... suckers

Comment

It's no holy grail, but we found it to be a good guide as we were trying to narrow down choices.

We looked at this, the WSJ, fit and net cost (we don't qualify for need based aid and don't need to take out loans) and stayed away from the popularity contests.
                        You looked at it? Maybe you should have let your kid decide where he wanted to go to school. Tiger daddy!

Comment

You looked at it? Maybe you should have let your kid decide where he wanted to go to school. Tiger daddy!
                          Reading must not be a strong suit in your family. I said ‘we’; our D, mom and dad. We looked at the options together and discussed the costs/benefits like adults. It’s called parenting. Try it sometime.

Comment

Reading must not be a strong suit in your family. I said ‘we’; our D, mom and dad. We looked at the options together and discussed the costs/benefits like adults. It’s called parenting. Try it sometime.
                            Ok tiger 🐅 dad!

Comment

If your daughter is looking at academically selective schools with solid women's soccer programs, you might want to look into UAA schools. These schools are larger than the NESCACs schools (except for Tufts), attract a broader student population, are in or very near substantial metropolitan areas and have top graduate schools. Same cost, same academic rigor, same high level of (D3) soccer, but not as much of a small town or "privileged" atmosphere and more geographic variety for school locations. Johns Hopkins is similar as well, just not in a conference of like schools.

Comment

If your daughter is looking at academically selective schools with solid women's soccer programs, you might want to look into UAA schools. These schools are larger than the NESCACs schools (except for Tufts), attract a broader student population, are in or very near substantial metropolitan areas and have top graduate schools. Same cost, same academic rigor, same high level of (D3) soccer, but not as much of a small town or "privileged" atmosphere and more geographic variety for school locations. Johns Hopkins is similar as well, just not in a conference of like schools.
                                What about academically pretty selective with pretty solid women’s soccer programs that are lower priced? Either D1 and have lower tuition (oos or private) or D3 and give generous merit aid? Does such a thing exist for the girls who don’t qualify for financial aid but can’t afford 50-75k/year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X