Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I didn't say anything about bias, of course all news sources have a bias - especially on their editorial pages. But I'll answer your snarky question anyway. Here is a list of publications I visit with some regularity.

US: Wall Street Journal, Reuters and the Associated Press, Washington Post, LA Times, Christian Science Monitor
    UK: The Times and The Guardian
    Continental EU: Le Monde and The Independent

I'll certainly read stories on sites associated with television news like BBC and France 24. Anything on CNN or MSNBC tends to be watered down versions of something I've already read at a print-based site so usually not worth the bother.

On a side note, I'm not Christian Scientist, but the Monitor is an excellent source of meaningful global coverage.

Hope that helps answer your question.
    It does and I appreciate the candor. So few read anything in print these days. I also prefer it for more in depth analysis and better ability to absorb it. There's too much yelling on cable TV and network TV news way too brief to cover any stories well. I dont' do CSM but will check it out. The Economist is also excellent, if sometimes a bit dry. NPR and PBS are also good.

Comment

Exactly. Reps. Jim Jordan and Lee Zeldin have been in the room for nearly every minute of the depositions, according to GOP aides. And both were on the list of those who stormed the SCIF.
      No one from the GOP in the hearings wants to admit just how bad it is.

There's just no words for storming a room a you already have access to. Republicons.

Comment

It does and I appreciate the candor. So few read anything in print these days. I also prefer it for more in depth analysis and better ability to absorb it. There's too much yelling on cable TV and network TV news way too brief to cover any stories well. I dont' do CSM but will check it out. The Economist is also excellent, if sometimes a bit dry. NPR and PBS are also good.
        No way this was written by the screechy Trumpist guy.

Comment

No way this was written by the screechy Trumpist guy.
          it wasn't - it was written by me, a very centrist Democrat. I challenged a Trump supporter when he said he got his news from print sources. His response was admittedly surprising. There's media bias everywhere, some just much more extreme than others. All voters owe it to themselves, their kids and this country to become informed voters. That means seeking out information from a variety of sources and forming their own opinions.

Meanwhile Trump wants to ban WaPo and NYT from all government agencies, because he wants all government employees to be fed a constant diet of only Fox news.

Comment

it wasn't - it was written by me, a very centrist Democrat. I challenged a Trump supporter when he said he got his news from print sources. His response was admittedly surprising. There's media bias everywhere, some just much more extreme than others. All voters owe it to themselves, their kids and this country to become informed voters. That means seeking out information from a variety of sources and forming their own opinions.

Meanwhile Trump wants to ban WaPo and NYT from all government agencies, because he wants all government employees to be fed a constant diet of only Fox news.
            This is why the anonymity of the TS boards can be maddening some times. It makes it impossible to tell how many people are in on a discussion and who is saying what. That was actually me, a Democrat, who provided the list of print media and doesn't watch television. I thought the Trumpist was the one challenging me on where I get my news. Sorry about that!

Comment

This is why the anonymity of the TS boards can be maddening some times. It makes it impossible to tell how many people are in on a discussion and who is saying what. That was actually me, a Democrat, who provided the list of print media and doesn't watch television. I thought the Trumpist was the one challenging me on where I get my news. Sorry about that!
              Too funny 😆 No wonder the two of you agreed on good sources and seem to be reasonable people

Comment

The Week is good. It attempts to show all sides and provides a good synopsis of most logical viewpoints. By logical I mean that it largely avoids those fringe or far left and far right viewpoints.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X