X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nobody’s locked up bunch of BS.
    Why then does my D already know the girls from the classes of 20-21 at her school? Met and coached them at camp. Chat groups already active. Sure, some of these kids still need to hit their target AIs and there’s risk that they take a scholarship somewhere or change their minds. But many are wealthy private school kids and they won’t screw it up at this point in the process.

Comment

Yale’s soccer coach resigned then got embroiled in that bribery scam. That program needs to regain its footing with their new coach.
      Me thinks you have your chronology wrong...he became embroiled in the bribery scam which is why he resigned. I agree though, it will be interesting to see how the new guy fares. Wishing the team well as these kids were not involved, but are under a microscope too.

Comment

Top based on what metric? Link?
        Top because the Ivy homer says so. That's how it works on TS, no facts needed.

Comment

Me thinks you have your chronology wrong...he became embroiled in the bribery scam which is why he resigned. I agree though, it will be interesting to see how the new guy fares. Wishing the team well as these kids were not involved, but are under a microscope too.
          Agreed, he was in it up to his neck when he resigned. The public indictments came after he resigned I believe. Wonder how many tainted players/students are still around? USC doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to dump there’s.

Comment

Why then does my D already know the girls from the classes of 20-21 at her school? Met and coached them at camp. Chat groups already active. Sure, some of these kids still need to hit their target AIs and there’s risk that they take a scholarship somewhere or change their minds. But many are wealthy private school kids and they won’t screw it up at this point in the process.
            Won't screw it up at this point, but still have to meet their target AIs, or take a scholarship elsewhere or change their minds. Seems like a lot not buttoned up dude.

Comment

TopDrawerSoccer.com rankings

Comment

Agreed, he was in it up to his neck when he resigned. The public indictments came after he resigned I believe. Wonder how many tainted players/students are still around? USC doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to dump there’s.
                Up to his neck? They had him on video and audio accepting a bribe and detailing the amount and where to send. Saw the episode of American Greed recently. He's a scumbag. And assisted in giving not only the ivy's but women's sports a punch in the gut. Devalued the hard work of others not only on his team but other teams as well.

Comment

Like most things, the truth is usually in the middle. My experience with '21s

1. Players committed to Ivies before 4/30 as Sophomores with stated expectations they must maintain or meet (AP class, GPA, no arrests, etc)

2. Many rising juniors think they are all but committed. They were tracked all year, had ongoing conversations (quiet 5/1 - 6/15), banked "good enough" test scores and grades, and are just waiting to make final announcement/decision

3. Players are still being approached by some Ivies following the summer camp process.

Of course none of this above is real until admissions says it is, which is why I think Ivies are still adding to their pipeline. Some will inevitably fall short of stated expectations. Beware of the B-
                  How many players can one ivy coach get likely letters for (if their AIs are high enough)? Every recruit? If not every recruit, the rest have to make it past admissions on their own, right? Seems very risky to me. Isn’t it a huge risk until admissions actually issue a likely letter?

Comment

Won't screw it up at this point, but still have to meet their target AIs, or take a scholarship elsewhere or change their minds. Seems like a lot not buttoned up dude.
                    At her school, only 2 kids out of the last 4 classes didn’t enroll, and there was one player that didn’t hit the SAT mark until Oct senior year. So, you can call it whatever you want, but there is not much in terms of change.

Comment

How many players can one ivy coach get likely letters for (if their AIs are high enough)? Every recruit? If not every recruit, the rest have to make it past admissions on their own, right? Seems very risky to me. Isn’t it a huge risk until admissions actually issue a likely letter?
                      Ivies are a big risk, always have been

Comment

At her school, only 2 kids out of the last 4 classes didn’t enroll, and there was one player that didn’t hit the SAT mark until Oct senior year. So, you can call it whatever you want, but there is not much in terms of change.
                        At her Ivy or from her high school?

Comment

Ivies are a big risk, always have been
                          Apparently at the one posters Ivy, every single early recruit but 2 over a span of 4 years got in. Seems more like a regular big state school D1. I had no idea it was that sure that of a thing at ivies to have freshmen and sophomore high school students on team Ivy chats already.

Comment

At her Ivy or from her high school?
                            Seems like some of these are coaches posting. JMHO

Comment

Apparently at the one posters Ivy, every single early recruit but 2 over a span of 4 years got in. Seems more like a regular big state school D1. I had no idea it was that sure that of a thing at ivies to have freshmen and sophomore high school students on team Ivy chats already.
                              Not sure I believe any of that. And let's not forget this admits are from a list that was already well parred down - some good students never even pursue Ivies for many reasons, some may have generated interest from the coach but on closer inspection were told it's not very likely. One would hope if it's off that narrow list it would be more likely to happen, but even then there's ones every year that don't get in somewhere.

Comment

Some ivies make their decisions early (and have seen commit a bunch of 2021 players verbally) and some do not. That's based on conversation with assistant coaches as well as the topdrawersoccer data. From what I've noticed there are players that apparently committed but are not listed, so TDS may not be 100% accurate - but you can get the general idea from there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X