Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Depends on the age group... on the girls side, for example, this year's U13s, the top teams from NEFC, SSS, Seacoast, Oakwood have moved to NEGDL (pre-GDA league), top 2 teams from Scorpions, CFC have moved to ECNL and ECNLR (formerly NE NPL) and the top 4 teams from Stars are in ECNL (2) and ECNLR (2). So, beyond U13 (and even starting at U12 with pre-ECNL and pre-DA), NEP loses lots of talent to other leagues.
    Makes sense when there are alternate league opportunities. But you mention this starting at U12. For example, in U12, Bayside Pre-Academy is missing from the schedule that just came out - any idea where they may have gone? I'm not aware of other leagues at U12.

Comment

That makes absolutely no sense. If all the mediocre NSL players suddenly moved to NEP, then how did I see a giant leap in competition? And where did the higher level NEP kids disappear to?
      What makes you so qualified judge levels of competition? It’s a Fact that most NSL ( formerly Maple) clubs now play in the Nep. This has been occurring over the last few years until there’s now barely any teams in NSL. All players are replaceable come tryout time every year. You must be new to club soccer.

Comment

What makes you so qualified judge levels of competition? It’s a Fact that most NSL ( formerly Maple) clubs now play in the Nep. This has been occurring over the last few years until there’s now barely any teams in NSL. All players are replaceable come tryout time every year. You must be new to club soccer.
        The two eyeballs in my f-ing head were pretty easily able to discern the very obvious difference in competition.

Don't drop "it's a fact" on me unless you're going to provide a reference.

Comment

Who is running this and where is the money going?

https://nslsoccer.org/

Phone number for Paul Irwin? ummm

PO box Hansen ma. ?

Comment

Makes sense when there are alternate league opportunities. But you mention this starting at U12. For example, in U12, Bayside Pre-Academy is missing from the schedule that just came out - any idea where they may have gone? I'm not aware of other leagues at U12.
            My example above was specific to the girls side (Bayside doesn’t have GDA, so I assume you are talking about boys).

Comment

https://nslsoccer.org/

Phone number for Paul Irwin? ummm

PO box Hansen ma. ?
              Didn't see a phone number so not sure about that
              Also PO box is Hanson not Hansen it's a town not sure about why your question that?

Comment

The Bayside team in question went to the new Revolution Development League. Sounds fancy.

Comment

Who is running this and where is the money going?

I look on the website, last minutes from a meeting were 2017?

Please don't tell someone is not making money?

Who is the leader of this ?

again where is the MONEY going?

Comment

They are in the newly formed RDL (Revolution Developmental League). This is for U12 only and comprised of 7 clubs (Bayside, GPS, NEFC, Bolts, Oakwood, Beachside, Valeo). These teams all had teams at the U11 last year as there is no pre-academy level league at that age.

Comment

I look on the website, last minutes from a meeting were 2017?

Please don't tell someone is not making money?

Who is the leader of this ?

again where is the MONEY going?
                      This league needs to pull the plug soon. It’s not good for the few remaining teams and players, that continue to be led to thinking that this league is viable.

Comment

This league needs to pull the plug soon. It’s not good for the few remaining teams and players, that continue to be led to thinking that this league is viable.
                        As long as they can get 8 teams per age group, they will schedules games across 8 weekends in the fall. Enjoy.

Comment

As long as they can get 8 teams per age group, they will schedules games across 8 weekends in the fall. Enjoy.
                          It sucks , when your U10 team has to travel 2 + hours to play a game, because there are no closer teams in the league to play. That is the state of this NSL league right now. It has nothing to do with the quality of soccer, but all to do with logistics. Small clubs can hardly survive in the current landscape of youth club soccer. Most have merged or aligned with the big box corporate clubs. They had to do it to survive, and provide a logistically sensible game schedule platform for their players. There is no large club, that won’t gladly add clubs, teams and players to their organization ( business).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X