Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England and National D1 Womens Soccer (only please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would be surprised if Brown can't earn at least a tie against U Mass today. As the season progresses I think the Bears will be exposed as an also ran in the Ivy, but I'm guessing that they can hold the U Mass offense to no more than a goal and get at least a point.

Its hard to go against history and not pick Penn over Harvard. If Harvard can get a point from the trip they will be in great shape, but in that series the safe bet is with the home team.

I'm going to predict an upset of sorts and go with BU over NC State. It is an absolute must win for the Terriers and I just don't think NC State is all that good, despite their ACC pedigree.

BC will win at least one of their two games this weekend. Probably against Virginia Tech, but neither opponent is ultimately going to be in the ACC top 4 come season's end, and BC should be, so these are really two very winnable games.

Brown 1 UMass 0

Comment

Good news for UMass is they did not let Brown score. Bad news was they didn't score on Brown but did give up an own goal

Comment

BU 3 NC State 1
        Wake 2 BC 0

Results mean that U Mass is basically out of contention for an at-large birth. BU keeps its super slim chances alive, although there probably aren't enough RPI points available in the America East to get them above 45 and get a bid. BC absolutely needs a win against VT or they will be returning home outside of the current Top 16 in RPI and that is a problem for BC.

Comment

Today's games did little to change current RPIs. BC stayed at 11, Brown jumped up to 60, U Mass stayed at 75 and BU got up to 138. In that respect, U Mass still has an outside shot at an at-large bid but it will take a nearly perfect remainder of the season and then a deep run into the A-10 playoffs. Harvard actually dropped a spot to 50? At 138 and only AE games left, BU is toast. There simply aren't enough RPI points available in those games to get BU close to the bubble. My guess is even if they win out, they only get to 60-65 and that won't be near enough to get at-large consideration.

I agree that BC needs a win on Sunday. Obviously they are in no danger of missing a NCAA spot, but for the Eagles a ticket to the dance really isn't enough. They need one of the precious top 8 seeds to have a shot at a deep run in the Tourney, and that is the reality of their expectations for this season. In the talent rich ACC, there are plenty of chances at big trophy wins, but going into Sunday, BC's "Premier" victory is the win over #50 Harvard. Tech is at 17 right now, and most observers think they will drop under 25 by the end of the season so a win over the Hoakies is a start, but it will be the games against UNC, Duke and FSU that will provide the real chance for some RPI upward mobility.

BC has played three quality opponents so far, and they are 0-1-2 in those games. That is far better than any other New England team, but let's be honest, BC isn't interested in comparisons with New England programs (nor should they be). And 0-1-2 isn't going to get you near the top of the national pile. Don't let the NSCAA polls sway you otherwise, its about RPI and BC needs to start beating some Top 20 teams (in RPI) if they want a chance to play more than one NCAA game in Newton!!

Comment

BU 3 NC State 1
            Wake 2 BC 0

Results mean that U Mass is basically out of contention for an at-large birth. BU keeps its super slim chances alive, although there probably aren't enough RPI points available in the America East to get them above 45 and get a bid. BC absolutely needs a win against VT or they will be returning home outside of the current Top 16 in RPI and that is a problem for BC.
            Please everyone, a spot in the NCAA is a BERTH not birth. Everytime someone mentions an at large birth I can't help but think of a baby being born. It takes me away from my soccer focus.

Comment

Just relax and BREATH....;)

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                just relax and breath....;)
                lol!!!

Comment

BC has played three quality opponents so far, and they are 0-1-2 in those games. That is far better than any other New England team, but let's be honest, BC isn't interested in comparisons with New England programs (nor should they be). And 0-1-2 isn't going to get you near the top of the national pile. Don't let the NSCAA polls sway you otherwise, its about RPI and BC needs to start beating some Top 20 teams (in RPI) if they want a chance to play more than one NCAA game in Newton!!
                  Well that's an interesting point. I hadn't realized. VT at VT will not be a pushover although VT's best player may still be sidelined with a concussion. These ACC road games are brutal even if you are completely healthy as BC appears to be.

Comment

Well that's an interesting point. I hadn't realized. VT at VT will not be a pushover although VT's best player may still be sidelined with a concussion. These ACC road games are brutal even if you are completely healthy as BC appears to be.
                    Wings clipped, eh? Fall to earth like an Eagle! Same thing every year.

Comment

Wings clipped, eh? Fall to earth like an Eagle! Same thing every year.
                      Eagles are beautiful in flight, but when they fly into a window pane, it's really a mess.

Comment

Rapacious raptors are still stealthily hunting ACC prey. Can't catch vermin every dive, especially in foreign territory. Just gotta keep perfecting the kill and be last team alive in the end. Fly like an Eagle.

Comment

WF's powerhouse Stengel robbed BC of a Win with 2 goals. Big upset for BC.
                          Even the Eagles have their wings clipped some times. UMass only lost 1-0 on own goal.
                          Gotta love the beautiful game!

Comment

Talk about a "must win" for BC! After all of Friday's games, they have slipped to 16 in the RPI. Lose on Sunday and they will be out of the Top 20!! Virginia Tech dropped to 21 with their loss on Thursday, so even if BC does win, they will still not yet have a win over a Top 20 side, but it will be their best win of the season. Its never easy to go on the road and get a win in the ACC, and VT will be super motivated after their first loss, but BC has to come away with two points. If they are at 20 (or worse) at the mid-point of the season, earning a top seed is going to be a real stretch!

Comment

I would be surprised if Brown can't earn at least a tie against U Mass today. As the season progresses I think the Bears will be exposed as an also ran in the Ivy, but I'm guessing that they can hold the U Mass offense to no more than a goal and get at least a point.

Its hard to go against history and not pick Penn over Harvard. If Harvard can get a point from the trip they will be in great shape, but in that series the safe bet is with the home team.

I'm going to predict an upset of sorts and go with BU over NC State. It is an absolute must win for the Terriers and I just don't think NC State is all that good, despite their ACC pedigree.

BC will win at least one of their two games this weekend. Probably against Virginia Tech, but neither opponent is ultimately going to be in the ACC top 4 come season's end, and BC should be, so these are really two very winnable games.
                              If BC wins on Sunday, these predictions will all be correct. Not bad, does Vegas do NCAA womens soccer lines?

Comment

WF's powerhouse Stengel robbed BC of a Win with 2 goals. Big upset for BC.
                                Even the Eagles have their wings clipped some times. UMass only lost 1-0 on own goal.
                                Gotta love the beautiful game!
                                What happened at the Wake game?

Comment

Working...
                                X