Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivy League Women’s Soccer Insight

Does anyone have some insight or info about the various Ivy League teams? Similarities and differences? Coaching styles? Happy players?

Everyone is miserable. The kids really wanted to play at an Academic D3 but their ridiculous parents made them play Ivy just so they could type D1 on TS. The kids know what’s best for them and it really stinks how they are “owned” by a D1 program and have to seriously consider how to fit internships and study abroad into their experience. Shoulda gone NESCAC

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Everyone is miserable. The kids really wanted to play at an Academic D3 but their ridiculous parents made them play Ivy just so they could type D1 on TS. The kids know what’s best for them and it really stinks how they are “owned” by a D1 program and have to seriously consider how to fit internships and study abroad into their experience. Shoulda gone NESCAC
      Well played

Comment

The infamous BTNT - I presume?

Comment

Funny. NESCACS are on the table too but there is an entire thread discussing them so I was looking for more info about the Ivies. The more info the better when trying to decide where to go to school!

Comment

Yale’s soccer coach resigned then got embroiled in that bribery scam. That program needs to regain its footing with their new coach.

Comment

Funny. NESCACS are on the table too but there is an entire thread discussing them so I was looking for more info about the Ivies. The more info the better when trying to decide where to go to school!
              How old is your kid? 2020-2021’s are mostly locked up at Ivies. If your kid is rising soph then you need to get on radars pretty soon.

Good news is that ivies have brought in new coaches at several programs over the past few years, and the league is as competitive as ever. Over the past couple of years, every program has had a fighting chance for an Ivy title deep into the year , except for Cornell. Many of the teams have reason to be optimistic going into this season, as the top program over the past few years may struggle to score.

Comment

How old is your kid? 2020-2021’s are mostly locked up at Ivies. If your kid is rising soph then you need to get on radars pretty soon.

Good news is that ivies have brought in new coaches at several programs over the past few years, and the league is as competitive as ever. Over the past couple of years, every program has had a fighting chance for an Ivy title deep into the year , except for Cornell. Many of the teams have reason to be optimistic going into this season, as the top program over the past few years may struggle to score.
                2022. But how can the rising junior 2021s be locked up at Ivies? The 2021s at our hs don’t even take the SATs until junior year. Especially after the admissions scandal at Yale, don’t the recruits have to wait to get past the admissions committee and get a likely letter (earliest is Oct.1 of senior year, for a likely letter, isn’t it? Sorry I guess I know even less than I thought about Ivies!

Comment

For boys, the Ivies are absolutely not "locked up" for the 2021's. I thought the girls' timeline was going to start mirroring the boys', though perhaps the girls' timeline this year is a holdover from before the rule change.

Comment

Nobody’s locked up bunch of BS.

Comment

For boys, the Ivies are absolutely not "locked up" for the 2021's. I thought the girls' timeline was going to start mirroring the boys', though perhaps the girls' timeline this year is a holdover from before the rule change.
                      That is the goal but there is a transition period before any real impact can be seen, if any. Top 2021s could have verbally committed prior to the new rules taking place. This is the class most screwed up by the constant changes. Moving forward hopefully it works as intended.

Comment

2022. But how can the rising junior 2021s be locked up at Ivies? The 2021s at our hs don’t even take the SATs until junior year. Especially after the admissions scandal at Yale, don’t the recruits have to wait to get past the admissions committee and get a likely letter (earliest is Oct.1 of senior year, for a likely letter, isn’t it? Sorry I guess I know even less than I thought about Ivies!
                        Have your player start taking tests soon. Practice makes perfect. Especially at Ivies the coaches will want to know if you have a realistic shot for admittance. Don't ignore some of the top quality D3 programs either.

Comment

Like most things, the truth is usually in the middle. My experience with '21s

1. Players committed to Ivies before 4/30 as Sophomores with stated expectations they must maintain or meet (AP class, GPA, no arrests, etc)

2. Many rising juniors think they are all but committed. They were tracked all year, had ongoing conversations (quiet 5/1 - 6/15), banked "good enough" test scores and grades, and are just waiting to make final announcement/decision

3. Players are still being approached by some Ivies following the summer camp process.

Of course none of this above is real until admissions says it is, which is why I think Ivies are still adding to their pipeline. Some will inevitably fall short of stated expectations. Beware of the B-

Comment

Ivy League Women’s Soccer had 4 of the Top 42 recruiting classes in the country. Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Brown.

Comment

Ivy League Women’s Soccer had 4 of the Top 42 recruiting classes in the country. Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Brown.
                              Top based on what metric? Link?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X