Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can they? People pay $5 for a bottle of water with pretty packaging that was bottled one or two town over from the same treatment plant that their taps at home dispense from. Not to mention, top 30 D1 programs can sign the players they want .... the other 275 D1 programs are waiting for players to choose their college when their better options fall through .... there is a lot of waiting and guessing and hoping on coaches parts for the majority of teams.
    If I am being paid to know about water I sure can. If these college coaches are recruiting duds it is on them. Maybe time to find a new job.

Comment

Clearly you haven't been watching NE GDA. CA GDA is one thing, around here it's 2nd tier
      2nd tier? Maybe 3rd, Fury losing to town teams at last year's Newss tournament.

Comment

Sure he did. Get off the GDA thread, TROLL.
        Of all the schools I (could) of used, UMass would be the last as far as exaggerating my point. My kid was NYCFC last year, and he asked her to switch, sorry no troll here, but I do have some beastly tendencies, most about corn-hole.

Comment

2nd tier? Maybe 3rd, Fury losing to town teams at last year's Newss tournament.
          Really? Fake newss!

Comment

Of all the schools I (could) of used, UMass would be the last as far as exaggerating my point. My kid was NYCFC last year, and he asked her to switch, sorry no troll here, but I do have some beastly tendencies, most about corn-hole.
            Wow, another parent who is a psycho. Who speaks like this? So a UMass coaches "subjective" opinion that ECNL is higher than GDA is now gospel?

You're another twisted fool that had zero business having a kid. Don't even feel bad for your offspring. Too many idiots having kids out there. There should be a psych exam for both parents before being allowed to go to term.

Comment

You are on crack. Did you see his haircut?

U know he comes from Florida so he maybe comparing FL DA system. If that is the case then I agree but no way does ECNL look like soccer anymore.
              So PDA, FC Stars and World Class leave GDA and play in ECNL, and ECNL is where it doesn't look like soccer anymore? And LISC, Fury and NYSC is where it's at?

Comment

Wow, another parent who is a psycho. Who speaks like this? So a UMass coaches "subjective" opinion that ECNL is higher than GDA is now gospel?

You're another twisted fool that had zero business having a kid. Don't even feel bad for your offspring. Too many idiots having kids out there. There should be a psych exam for both parents before being allowed to go to term.
                I bring up that conversation because its actually a real opinion, from a real D1 coach, yeah I know its not Duke, but coach D is a class act, who is smart, kind, and informed, unlike your mom who continues to call me late at night, asking me if its wrong to sleep with her son...

Comment

I bring up that conversation because its actually a real opinion, from a real D1 coach, yeah I know its not Duke, but coach D is a class act, who is smart, kind, and informed, unlike your mom who continues to call me late at night, asking me if its wrong to sleep with her son...
                  Perhaps it is just me, but if her son is not 18 yet, then it probably is wrong for you to be swallowing each others swords. If he is 18, have at it, but you both should use protection probably.

Comment

So PDA, FC Stars and World Class leave GDA and play in ECNL, and ECNL is where it doesn't look like soccer anymore? And LISC, Fury and NYSC is where it's at?
                    Well, PDA and Stars for one were never going to last long in GDA. Being board members of ECNL has it's perks.

The problem with ECNL is once you get above the top tier, and I'm giving them credit....they do have the top teams in that tier, the rest of the clubs are all mix and match. I get that hurts some opinions, but after Stars and PDA, and the bottom feeders of BOTH leagues, you have ~20 clubs all on the relatively same level.

So, if you can play for those clubs, go for it. If you can't (for whatever reason and not always about skill), go with the one that works out best. You'll be fine.

I've also talked to many college coaches (over a dozen from D1 to DIII), either through general conversations or through friendships, and all of them say to get in either league. Zero....none...of them suggested if you are in one to leave for the other. Some knew where we were, some didn't

Again, I know that hurts the egos of some ECNL-phytes, but unless you are the top dog you are all looked at the same as any GDA club.

Comment

U MA coach is not only primarily recruiting from the NE but is more likely to go watch local league games as part of his recruiting efforts. He sees what is out there and knows what local clubs are involved.

Comment

Well, PDA and Stars for one were never going to last long in GDA. Being board members of ECNL has it's perks.

The problem with ECNL is once you get above the top tier, and I'm giving them credit....they do have the top teams in that tier, the rest of the clubs are all mix and match. I get that hurts some opinions, but after Stars and PDA, and the bottom feeders of BOTH leagues, you have ~20 clubs all on the relatively same level.

So, if you can play for those clubs, go for it. If you can't (for whatever reason and not always about skill), go with the one that works out best. You'll be fine.

I've also talked to many college coaches (over a dozen from D1 to DIII), either through general conversations or through friendships, and all of them say to get in either league. Zero....none...of them suggested if you are in one to leave for the other. Some knew where we were, some didn't

Again, I know that hurts the egos of some ECNL-phytes, but unless you are the top dog you are all looked at the same as any GDA club.
                        Why is it better to play for them as opposed to against? You cat really believe that the advantages PDA and Stars have is coaching? Or do you think that playing with "better" players is all it takes to get better?

Parents approach to sports is baffling. It usually involves trying to find the team that wins and paying through the nose to join them. It then graduates to bragging about the league they are in and/or trashing others.

Its almost as if the status of where their kid plays is more important than a real plan to improve. smh

Comment

U MA coach is not only primarily recruiting from the NE but is more likely to go watch local league games as part of his recruiting efforts. He sees what is out there and knows what local clubs are involved.
                          Meh, he recruits from everywhere he can, just like all the others, places like Europe, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast United States...

Comment

Why is it better to play for them as opposed to against? You cat really believe that the advantages PDA and Stars have is coaching? Or do you think that playing with "better" players is all it takes to get better?

Parents approach to sports is baffling. It usually involves trying to find the team that wins and paying through the nose to join them. It then graduates to bragging about the league they are in and/or trashing others.

Its almost as if the status of where their kid plays is more important than a real plan to improve. smh
                            I was throwing a bone to those clubs as clearly being superior to anything else in the area. They draw the most talent, and get the most commits. Mostly, take those two out and a couple of bottom-dwellers, and you can toss everyone else into a hat and come out with similar results.

My personal opinion is if we played every game to a tie, or a one-goal game, we are in the right level. Yes, even if a majority of those games were losses.

You keyed on a throw-away statement I made as not something integral to what my point was. Apologies for the confusing intent.

Comment

Meh, he recruits from everywhere he can, just like all the others, places like Europe, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast United States...
                              He has 6 internationals, a few from FL, one GA and one CO. Fifteen players are from NJ to MA. .

Comment

So it's better to play in GDA where most of the teams are mediocre rather than play in ECNL where at least 4x/year you can play against the top teams in the Northeast (PDA and Stars)?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X