•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be a RED TIDE

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ducking NEFC? You really have an inflated view of yourself and your club don't you
      Saw this in another thread. It's right on. Poster didn't even mention what teams were 2 and 3 but it was easy enough to find out.

In the U13G bracket the #2 and #3 team in Mass were put in the second bracket. So much for that theory.

Obviously they are placing the ECNL teams first. PDA did the same thing last year. It's their tournament so they can do what they want but don't be fooled into thinking anything else but taking care of teams affiliated with them first.

Comment

Wait to see the PDA college showcase. I will be shocked if any non ECNL or NPL northeast teams from this area are accepted this year. Just sayin

Comment

So your saying that because a team has a different philosophy and chooses to continue to play 8v8, they aren't as good as a team that plays 11v11?? Doesn't make sense to me. Scorpions had a better Fall, but as mentioned, NEFC picked up some talented players. As for Manhattan, as they were missing 4 starters, they brought some guest players. The team that beat them was then hammered later on in the PDA final, And while we're on Spring results, please tell us the score of the NEP U12 final between NEFC U11 and Scorpions U11? I've always said that these are the top two team in the State. I'd even throw Aztecs in the mix.
          The whole aztecs team went to stars north

Comment

So your saying that because a team has a different philosophy and chooses to continue to play 8v8, they aren't as good as a team that plays 11v11?? Doesn't make sense to me. Scorpions had a better Fall, but as mentioned, NEFC picked up some talented players. As for Manhattan, as they were missing 4 starters, they brought some guest players. The team that beat them was then hammered later on in the PDA final, And while we're on Spring results, please tell us the score of the NEP U12 final between NEFC U11 and Scorpions U11? I've always said that these are the top two team in the State. I'd even throw Aztecs in the mix.
            Scorps played a bad game. Worse game I have seen them play. NEFC won! Good for the girls! We will see if they ever play again!

Comment

Not if they are moms.
              Don't be so sure....have you seen some of the moms??

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Unregistered
                Ducking NEFC? You really have an inflated view of yourself and your club don't you

Saw this in another thread. It's right on. Poster didn't even mention what teams were 2 and 3 but it was easy enough to find out.

In the U13G bracket the #2 and #3 team in Mass were put in the second bracket. So much for that theory.

Obviously they are placing the ECNL teams first. PDA did the same thing last year. It's their tournament so they can do what they want but don't be fooled into thinking anything else but taking care of teams affiliated with them first.

Let's have a look at the facts:
                Exhibit A:
                Scorpions U14 ECNL placed in the top bracket, above NEFC Premier. I believe the Premier girls have consistently beaten this team

Exhibit B:
                U14 NEFC Elite placed in a different bracket from Stars ECNL

Exhibit C:
                SS Select and NEFC U13s, ranked 2 & 3, placed in a bracket below the ECNL teams

Coincidence?

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Unregistered

Let's have a look at the facts:
                  Exhibit A:
                  Scorpions U14 ECNL placed in the top bracket, above NEFC Premier. I believe the Premier girls have consistently beaten this team

Exhibit B:
                  U14 NEFC Elite placed in a different bracket from Stars ECNL

Exhibit C:
                  SS Select and NEFC U13s, ranked 2 & 3, placed in a bracket below the ECNL teams

Coincidence?
                  Scorps are not in the top bracket, they are in the second bracket just like last year. NEFC Premier is in the 3rd bracket, just like last year. Scorps made 2nd bracket final last year and NEFC Premier failed to get out of their group in the third bracket. Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument though.

The top U14 bracket has 2 teams from MA and the rest are from out of state. Why would Stars put both MA teams in the same group? Makes no sense. The two teams could easily meet in the final and then you can stop with your whining.

How do you determine who is ranked #2 and #3 at U13? Please don't tell me gotsoccer. SS Select just lost 2-0 to Stars ECNL in that age group, so I doubt Stars are afraid to play them. Scorpions have beaten and lost to NEFC in the past 12 months, so I don't think there is any fear in that case either.

Comment

Scorps are not in the top bracket, they are in the second bracket just like last year. NEFC Premier is in the 3rd bracket, just like last year. Scorps made 2nd bracket final last year and NEFC Premier failed to get out of their group in the third bracket. Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument though.
                    Let's talk about facts. Scorpions ECNL has NEVER beaten NEFC Premier and that goes all the way back to U10. They are facts.

As for last year, NEFC didn't get out of their bracket because of a stupid rule that awards a team for more goals scored, and not against like most other tournaments. A four goal differential is also used. Example: Team A beats Team B 7-3, Team A gets credit for scoring 7 seven goals, but posts a four goal differential. Team C beat Team D 4-0 and while they get the 4 goal differential, when it come to a tie breaker, the team that scored more goals advances. That is why the Premier didn't move on. And by the way a lot of people said that the third bracket was much stronger than the second one. That's why so many people question the placement of teams.

Comment

The whole aztecs team went to stars north
                      Really? I think they're a really good team and play the game the right way. Good for Aztecs for developing the players.

Comment

Scorps played a bad game. Worse game I have seen them play. NEFC won! Good for the girls! We will see if they ever play again!
                        Sounds like sour grapes to me. I thought they played well in the first half, but not so well in the second half. Do you not consider that they may have been shut down, so they weren't allowed to play? And because you won't post the score, I'll do it. NEFC beat the Scorpions 5-1. The result may be different the next day, but at the very least, please acknowledge that NEFC is as good as the Scorpions.

Comment

The top U14 bracket has 2 teams from MA and the rest are from out of state. Why would Stars put both MA teams in the same group? Makes no sense. The two teams could easily meet in the final and then you can stop with your whining.

How do you determine who is ranked #2 and #3 at U13? Please don't tell me gotsoccer. SS Select just lost 2-0 to Stars ECNL in that age group, so I doubt Stars are afraid to play them. Scorpions have beaten and lost to NEFC in the past 12 months, so I don't think there is any fear in that case either.
                          I am not suggesting there is fear on either side. SSS also beat Scorps the one time they played. NEFC never played Stars but did beat their second team. Scorps and NEFC beat each other twice. All evenly matched. I am just saying obviously those 4 teams can beat each other on any given day. Looks like they took care of the ECNL teams first in the top bracket. That part is clear. It's their tournament but also unfortunate for SSS and NEFC not to get a chance to play those teams. They deserve to be there.

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I thought they played well in the first half, but not so well in the second half. Do you not consider that they may have been shut down, so they weren't allowed to play? And because you won't post the score, I'll do it. NEFC beat the Scorpions 5-1. The result may be different the next day, but at the very least, please acknowledge that NEFC is as good as the Scorpions.
                            No - one lucky game does not make a trend.

Comment

Five goals was real lucky! Do you know how stupid you sound? Typical Scorpions mentality.

Comment

This current NEFC team has only played Scorpions once, so how else would you measure it??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X