Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the person you are responding to but if nine players left in one year then that is not normal. I looked up the old rosters to see if I could figure out which players left and to where. I was not able to find 9 players but I did easily find a couple of players that left for the Big 12 and SEC. These are highly competitive conferences so I don't know if the "its the players' fault and nothing to do with the coaches" narrative works.

Doing your homework when picking a college in which to play a sport is a very good idea. There are many factors that go into college play. Having a good fit with the coaching staff is at the top.

No matter what your point is other than slamming player's ability, you cannot argue that Oregon has a good or even improving record.
    Some players don't pan out, some pan out better than expected and are able to transfer to a better team (includes girls transferring into the UO) and some discover the academic or soccer fit isn't good. No different from any other college. Haters going to hate.

Comment

Some players don't pan out, some pan out better than expected and are able to transfer to a better team (includes girls transferring into the UO) and some discover the academic or soccer fit isn't good. No different from any other college. Haters going to hate.
      Is it now hate speech to point out that UO has a pretty dismal record that has seen zero improvement under the current coaching staff?

Comment

Is it now hate speech to point out that UO has a pretty dismal record that has seen zero improvement under the current coaching staff?
        Much like CU & FC Portland, nobody cares!

Comment

Not the person you are responding to but if nine players left in one year then that is not normal. I looked up the old rosters to see if I could figure out which players left and to where. I was not able to find 9 players but I did easily find a couple of players that left for the Big 12 and SEC. These are highly competitive conferences so I don't know if the "its the players' fault and nothing to do with the coaches" narrative works.

Doing your homework when picking a college in which to play a sport is a very good idea. There are many factors that go into college play. Having a good fit with the coaching staff is at the top.

No matter what your point is other than slamming player's ability, you cannot argue that Oregon has a good or even improving record.

Oregon has not improved. Kelly won for football. When he left they dropped. It's all about the coach. Wake up and take off our rose colored glasses. Mertz will be fired and will likley be an assistant somewhere. She was a mediocre d1 coach prior. Oregon needs to hire someone who has a track record of winning.

Comment

Amen! Support our teams. Go Ducks & Beavers.

Comment

I fully support our teams hence the reason I want coaching staffs to have a positive influence to the team.

Comment

Here's to a good season for all our Oregon teams! You have more supporters than detractors.

Comment

In our PC world, I would think that some woman's group would be protesting having the women's teams at Oregon State called the Beavers. I would think they would find it very offensive when playing the Trojans.

Comment

In our PC world, I would think that some woman's group would be protesting having the women's teams at Oregon State called the Beavers. I would think they would find it very offensive when playing the Trojans.
                    Wrong USC.

When Oregon State plays South Carolina, it's Cocks vs Beavers.

Comment

Even more reason for disbelief that some group hasn't banded together to protest the name and making the women's team's have that name. Surely some liberal elitists will find the entire thing offensive and will fight to have the name changed.

Comment

Even more reason for disbelief that some group hasn't banded together to protest the name and making the women's team's have that name. Surely some liberal elitists will find the entire thing offensive and will fight to have the name changed.
                        Sounds like you're the only one giving it much thought.

Comment

Sounds like you're the only one giving it much thought.
                          Humor is not your strong suit there Skippy. Nor are current affairs. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go protest some street that has the name ***** on it. ***** has a negative connotation to it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X