Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Honestly WFF should really reflect on those results...

From what I understand (I wasn't there) Braden River could have easily beat the U14's and will beat them next time if they continue to develop at their current pace (I have seen them improve) - Braden River is simply developing faster at the moment...

IMG U15s against WFF was 5-3 and could have been 4-4 (again I wasn't there) - with only 2 weeks of practices for IMG (with the storms etc and players arrive later at IMG) AND mostly U14's and U13's on the U15 IMG roster I'd say again there's a ton of potential there...

The IMG U16's beat the WFF by a big margin...

and so on...

Again - the only thing that should matter is which club is developing the players the best... discounting Braden River and IMG will be silly...

This gives all the southwestern Florida players an option that didn't exist before and while it might take a few years to build out the program, they seem to be doing a great job so far.

All of these things are great for girls soccer in Florida - I can't understand why folks get on here with such negativity... Maybe they are intimidated by other programs that could turn into something totally awesome? Why would anyone knock that????
    Yes that must be it, people are scared of Braden River and their development.

Comment

From what I understand (I wasn't there) Braden River could have easily beat the U14's and will beat them next time if they continue to develop at their current pace (I have seen them improve) - Braden River is simply developing faster at the moment...

IMG U15s against WFF was 5-3 and could have been 4-4 (again I wasn't there) - with only 2 weeks of practices for IMG (with the storms etc and players arrive later at IMG) AND mostly U14's and U13's on the U15 IMG roster I'd say again there's a ton of potential there...

and so on...

Again - the only thing that should matter is which club is developing the players the best... discounting Braden River and IMG will be silly...

This gives all the southwestern Florida players an option that didn't exist before and while it might take a few years to build out the program, they seem to be doing a great job so far.

All of these things are great for girls soccer in Florida - I can't understand why folks get on here with such negativity... Maybe they are intimidated by other programs that could turn into something totally awesome? Why would anyone knock that????
      IMG U15 should have won or at least a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion.

Comment

Yes that must be it, people are scared of Braden River and their development.
        So it's not possible for them to recruit and few coaches and also now have the ability to offer a higher level for girls out of the southwest florida area?

What makes them any different than WFF at the moment? They have the GDA same as WFF and they have an even larger untapped player pool... All good things for Girls Soccer in Florida - They are just as capable as any other club to hire coaches and recruit players now, so in reality going there next year may be a very good option for many girls - including many girls currently at WFF

Comment

and so on...

IMG U16 didn't even play there 1st teamers in the 2nd half or it would have been 10+ goals.

Comment

IMG U15 should have won or at least a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion.
            Agreed

Comment

IMG U16 didn't even play there 1st teamers in the 2nd half or it would have been 10+ goals.
              I didn't realize that - wow...

Also regarding a previous post. I hadn't thought about the untapped player pool from south western florida ect that may be attracted to braden river. Thats how WFF got so big after getting ECNL

Comment

So it's not possible for them to recruit and few coaches and also now have the ability to offer a higher level for girls out of the southwest florida area?

What makes them any different than WFF at the moment? They have the GDA same as WFF and they have an even larger untapped player pool... All good things for Girls Soccer in Florida - They are just as capable as any other club to hire coaches and recruit players now, so in reality going there next year may be a very good option for many girls - including many girls currently at WFF
                Two things:
                Braden River down not have GDA, IMG does. (The just accepted an entire USA league team because IMG had no girls for a team of their own)
                As long as you have BM pulling the strings, noone in their right mind will will come to that club. Players or coaches. Name one new good coach that has joined?

Instead, this will happen. Any player with talent will move north. Same story every year. Anyone disagreeing with this have no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

What was the score in halftime? Did you even notice WFF resting their good players in the second half when IMG finally managed to score a couple of goals?

Comment

What was the score in halftime? Did you even notice WFF resting their good players in the second half when IMG finally managed to score a couple of goals?
                    You do realize that IMG team has 7 04's on their roster, correct?

Comment

You do realize that IMG team has 7 04's on their roster, correct?
                      Doesn't surprise me one bit. Want to try to take a guess as to why those girls didn't make the U14 IMG GDA team?

Comment

*** 01/02 Wff? 7-0, 1-1 and 4-2 to a 2002 concord team! Wasn't this the team that made champions league for ecnl last year? You also now have the u16 girls national team coach. What is the problem?

Comment

Wow you are out there... one player single handedly scored IMGs goals for U15, had she not been the only good recruit that game was a 5-0 game. WFF squad was light years ahead of the Hodge podge 05, 04 and 03 IMG team.

Comment

Wow you are out there... one player single handedly scored IMGs goals for U15, had she not been the only good recruit that game was a 5-0 game. WFF squad was light years ahead of the Hodge podge 05, 04 and 03 IMG team.
                            Congratulations on beating a team made of three age groups 5-3.
                            Enjoy that win, might not see another one for a long time.

Comment

Spot on. you can look at the score as much as you want and excuse that your players are younger etc. These teams are not even close.

Question remains, how come the 05 and 04''s on that older IMG team did not make the 04 GDA team? They must be very good since they are playing up that many years?

From what I have heard, there was no new tryout for that 04 "Braden River" team when they were offered to play for IMG at that GDA spot? (it was for the younger boys but not the girls?)

Comment

Please educate yourself on the game before you speak. IMG did deserve a better result but WFF U15 score enough goals early in the 2nd half and IMG couldn't make up the difference in the time remaining. The score at the half was 2-1 WFF. There was good soccer played by both side for certain periods of the game. But these players shouldn't be judge 3 games into a season. They will develop and get better thru the year on both side.

You have to understand its a development academy. Key word here is development. Results are irrelevant they aren't paid athletes these kids are learning the game. The only person getting paid is the coach so any issue you have should be address to the coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X