X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well put.

Man, sometimes I wish I could have this down a few age groups. The amount of people on the sidelines who are convinced their kid is getting a scholarship is staggering. I just chuckle and say "I hope WE all have a backup plan..." (and my kid is one of the 'better' ones, but I am not expecting anything)
    They learn it in good time; it's usually a painful lesson. Parents of boys especially get hammered - they don't know how little money is available and how few spots there are. Hopefully they still make contributions to a college savings plan and spend money on tutors rather than trainers.

Comment

Just a reminder our discount ends on the 15th. Hope you can join us.
      Elitecollegecombine.com

-frank

Comment

We just extended our discount a few more weeks due to vacation!

Comment

Roger Williams just added to the showcase....

Comment

Only 8 field spots left for our New Hampshire Girls Showcase...check us out

elitecollegecombine.com

Comment

Only 8 field spots left for our New Hampshire Girls Showcase...check us out

elitecollegecombine.com
              Only 3 spots left...sign up today.

Comment

They learn it in good time; it's usually a painful lesson. Parents of boys especially get hammered - they don't know how little money is available and how few spots there are. Hopefully they still make contributions to a college savings plan and spend money on tutors rather than trainers.
                "A delusional parent with disposable income is easy prey."

Comment

"A delusional parent with disposable income is easy prey."
                  Not every player/parent is looking for a scholarship

Comment

Not every player/parent is looking for a scholarship
                    The problem is too many are. Parents have put time, money, and sacrificed a lot for these kids. They want a return on their investment. A player who has played in club soccer from u12 through u18 has spent tens of thousands in fees, tuition, travel, meals, and lodging for their kid to play. Consciously or unconsciously they want something back for their effort regardless of their child being good or not. I had a player and their parent who were convinced that they were an outside back. Not enough speed and not strong playing the ball out of the air in the 18. They disagreed with me until a combine assessment saying they were better suited for middle back or center mid as their footwork and vision were their strengths. Same thing I told them for a season. But their previous club (yes Seacoast) played them outside. They currently now play center mid for a solid D3 program in MA for the last two seasons.

Comment

The problem is too many are. Parents have put time, money, and sacrificed a lot for these kids. They want a return on their investment. A player who has played in club soccer from u12 through u18 has spent tens of thousands in fees, tuition, travel, meals, and lodging for their kid to play. Consciously or unconsciously they want something back for their effort regardless of their child being good or not. I had a player and their parent who were convinced that they were an outside back. Not enough speed and not strong playing the ball out of the air in the 18. They disagreed with me until a combine assessment saying they were better suited for middle back or center mid as their footwork and vision were their strengths. Same thing I told them for a season. But their previous club (yes Seacoast) played them outside. They currently now play center mid for a solid D3 program in MA for the last two seasons.
                      It sucks when you consider the amount of money spent to end up at a D3. Get the $$$ via awesome grades and good scores and walk on. Coaches aren't wedded to a recruit because of scholarship $$$, if you're good enough they'll find a spot for you. Anybody at D3 should like the school first and the program second.

Comment

It sucks when you consider the amount of money spent to end up at a D3. Get the $$$ via awesome grades and good scores and walk on. Coaches aren't wedded to a recruit because of scholarship $$$, if you're good enough they'll find a spot for you. Anybody at D3 should like the school first and the program second.
                        Not at top programs and/or top schools - there's competition for spots and playing time. Being on the coach's list can tip you in over another similarly qualified candidate - not quite at the same pull as D1, but if it's a highly competitive school every little thing can add up to an admission nod.

Comment

We have one spot just open if anyone is interested.

Comment

Best of luck to all involved at the combine tomorrow

Comment

Would love some feedback after the event. Decided not to attend this year but maybe next year depending on what I hear about it.

Comment

Would love some feedback after the event. Decided not to attend this year but maybe next year depending on what I hear about it.
                                I think it was a smooth event, except one coach called last minute and backed out. Several comments from coaches about how well organized it was. Kids played for almost the full 3 hours, though wish parents and players had a few more Q&A questions, maybe everyone was tired!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X