Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If she's smart she doesn't play another competitive game until she steps on campus at Duke. My fear is the kid is so competitive she will rush back for some meaningless DA season. If I were Duke I wouldn't sign her unless she agreed to a supervised rehab and appropriate time table. Too bright a future to risk further injury in my opinion. Good luck.
    If you ever have an MCL and ACL done it'll take over a year to get back into match shape from a physical and mental standpoint. Your suggestion is one of the dumbest I heard so far. She needs to play competitive soccer at least 6 months prior to heading to Duke in order to compete for playing time at Duke or else she will sit out her freshman year if that offer still stand.

Comment

If you ever have an MCL and ACL done it'll take over a year to get back into match shape from a physical and mental standpoint. Your suggestion is one of the dumbest I heard so far. She needs to play competitive soccer at least 6 months prior to heading to Duke in order to compete for playing time at Duke or else she will sit out her freshman year if that offer still stand.
      Once she signs it doesn't matter if she plays or redshirts. The most important thing is to be 100% healthy for Duke. Once February rolls around and she signs her offer(assuming they honor their verbal offer which I have no doubt they will) there is no need to do anything but rehab and strength training. While we may disagree I don't believe Duke relies on any freshman to become an instant impact player. Just for the record it's only an ACL tear.

Comment

Nothing to worry about once the LOI is signed as schools in the ACC cannot change scholarship amounts for a player for lack of athletic performance.

http://informedathlete.com/the-facts...-scholarships/

Comment

Nothing to worry about once the LOI is signed as schools in the ACC cannot change scholarship amounts for a player for lack of athletic performance.

http://informedathlete.com/the-facts...-scholarships/
          Did she the NLI or gave Duke a verbal commitment? There is a difference between those 2. Also if she did signed her NLI during her freshman year that was outside of the new rule.

Comment

Letters of Intent are signed during high school senior year. Signing period for soccer is in February.

Comment

Hopefully she heals fast and gets sorted physically and mentally for the challenges that she will face at Duke. She has been great to watch and had a fantastic RI HS career. She has done it all here, including scoring many goals against us. I wish her nothing but success and will miss watching her this Fall.

Comment

Torn MCL & ACL is what it's about. Just because you haven't heard about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Doubt they posted the news in the paper, but most people plugged into the club soccer world around here, heard quickly. Totally sucks for her. These ACL injuries are epidemic in girls soccer.
                Blame coaches and parents for pushing too much soccer without proper recovery time and not putting enough emphasis on strength and conditioning in their training, especially from an early age.

Comment

So how many current RI High School girls going GDA I wonder? I know many D1 schools losing top players to DA so that could really change the outlook of sone teams next year.

Comment

So how many current RI High School girls going GDA I wonder? I know many D1 schools losing top players to DA so that could really change the outlook of sone teams next year.
                    In the entire state probably less than 10.

Comment

In the entire state probably less than 10.
                      Ok, but I'd imagine they are all impact players whose absence will be felt by teams. I know one team who is losing the starting CM and also their leading scorer.

Comment

Ok, but I'd imagine they are all impact players whose absence will be felt by teams. I know one team who is losing the starting CM and also their leading scorer.
                        LA stands to lose the most which is good for RI high school girls soccer. This means any of the top 6 programs have a shot of winning. Shall be interesting this fall.

Comment

LA stands to lose the most which is good for RI high school girls soccer. This means any of the top 6 programs have a shot of winning. Shall be interesting this fall.
                          there are 6 total
                          1 from LS
                          2 fron Barr
                          2 from Ports
                          1 from Mt Hope

Comment

What about I ncoming freshmen?

Comment

What about I ncoming freshmen?
                              A lot more going DA in middle school years. We'll see if they decide to stay there through HS.

Comment

I'd say no big deal since LSA has the depth. When a star player leaves a town program, it will really hurt more.

The DA is a bad idea preventing kids from playing HS soccer. I know that HS soccer is weak and injuries can happen. The leadership skills, friendships, and opportunities to play new positions (a club defender playing forward in HS) are all important development qualities that the DA will impact. Preventing these kids from playing other sports like Basketball, track, etc... is not good for overuse injuries and one sport burnout. If the goal is to play College soccer, the DA won't change your chances since the better players are still the better players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X