Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayside girls soccer

Another season begins with GPS Thanksgiving Tournament. Already the comments begin proclaiming greatness for some and already writing off others. You all are some crazy people!!

So to start things off correctly, new season, new teams and new players...takes time to develop chemistry. There are also quite a few injuries to contend with....ACL injuries are every where. We all should look to heal soon.

For the 16U team they went 0-1-3....not a bad start. There was some scrappy play with individuals working hard and playing physical. There were some good defense and goalie play (giving up only 1 goal total in 2 of the 3 matches). There was also some good passing and runs on the net for the offense. Scoring goals will come as the season develops. With a good ending note, the team held NEFC Elite Scoreless and tied (0-0) at half time but ran out of steam in 2H with a short bench...only 15 players suited up for the tournament due to some key injuries.

Let's give coaches MN and GJ a vote of confidence and support!!

I would say not a bad start to build on for the season

What a sad and desperate post... yawn

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Another season begins with GPS Thanksgiving Tournament. Already the comments begin proclaiming greatness for some and already writing off others. You all are some crazy people!!

So to start things off correctly, new season, new teams and new players...takes time to develop chemistry. There are also quite a few injuries to contend with....ACL injuries are every where. We all should look to heal soon.

For the 16U team they went 0-1-3....not a bad start. There was some scrappy play with individuals working hard and playing physical. There were some good defense and goalie play (giving up only 1 goal total in 2 of the 3 matches). There was also some good passing and runs on the net for the offense. Scoring goals will come as the season develops. With a good ending note, the team held NEFC Elite Scoreless and tied (0-0) at half time but ran out of steam in 2H with a short bench...only 15 players suited up for the tournament due to some key injuries.

If he coaches anything like his college team, glad the top girls left for better development.

Comment

Hahahaha

So sad when there is no blood in the water for you sharks to sniff on.

Go create your own Venomous threads to spread your poison, and best of luck with your self proclaimed top talent.

Comment

With a good ending note, the team held NEFC Elite Scoreless and tied (0-0) at half time but ran out of steam in 2H with a short bench...only 15 players suited up for the tournament due to some key injuries.

So you had the same number of subs that nefc elite had but I guess your girls are horribly out of shape if a short bench is the reason you wilted in the second half. Btw elites were missing 3 of their top players. Is it another season of moral victories?

Comment

Who is GJ?

Comment

So you had the same number of subs that nefc elite had but I guess your girls are horribly out of shape if a short bench is the reason you wilted in the second half. Btw elites were missing 3 of their top players. Is it another season of moral victories?
              NEFC's best players were at their Region I team games! Where were yours?

Comment

Here's a starting point.

GPS Thanksgiving day showcase, middling tournament with some high level teams and some mid level teams.

U14 - 1 tie - 2 losses - 2 goals for - 11 against - last place in group
                U15 - 1 tie - 2 losses - 4 goals for - 10 against - last place in group
                U16 - 2 ties - 1 loss - 1 goal for - 5 against - 4th out of 5 in group
                U17 - 3 losses - 2 goals for - 13 against - last place in group

That's zero wins - 4 ties - 8 losses - 9 goals for - 39 against

Losses against Stars and NEFC Elite teams, South Shore Select at the U14 level, are to be expected. The Bayside parents believe their teams are on the same level as these teams, but the reality is that they are not and never have been.

That's not the real issue though. The real issue is that they got hammered by a Stars B team at 17, struggled against middle level NPL teams in the other divisions.

I think the Emperor has no clothes.

Comment

Here is a thought. Perhaps the trolls and negative comments could find another forum to focus their attentions (and I might add...I've noticed some comments come in after mid-night). There are some nut jobs out there!! Also NEFC is an excellent club, so why do you people need to attack Bayside. Shouldn't you be enjoying your excellence and focusing on your kids greatness instead of attacking Bayside.

Wouldn't it be nice if this forum focused on productive thoughts and positive comments??

Comment

Here is a thought. Perhaps the trolls and negative comments could find another forum to focus their attentions (and I might add...I've noticed some comments come in after mid-night). There are some nut jobs out there!! Also NEFC is an excellent club, so why do you people need to attack Bayside. Shouldn't you be enjoying your excellence and focusing on your kids greatness instead of attacking Bayside.

Wouldn't it be nice if this forum focused on productive thoughts and positive comments??
                    IMHO, the Bayside comments seem to be retribution for the many years of chest thumping. The landscape is changing and now there are other options for RI kids and yes other clubs are welcoming the talent.

Comment

While the chest thumping may have occured, those individuals are likely gone.

Move on, do the right thing.

I also agree more clubs with more options is a good thing for the players.

Focus on productive, positive and constructive thoughts!!!

Comment

Why are you automatically assuming it is NEFC people? NEFC people do not care about Bayside. Why should they? Maybe the people having fun at your expense are the ones who were pushed around for so many years when bayside was the biggest show in town.

Stop being so sensitive and insecure.

Comment

Why are you automatically assuming it is NEFC people? NEFC people do not care about Bayside. Why should they? Maybe the people having fun at your expense are the ones who were pushed around for so many years when bayside was the biggest show in town.

Stop being so sensitive and insecure.
                          Note to Bayside parents. The RI board is not very busy. If you can just keep your mouths shut, this thread will die, the same as many of the others.

Comment

Note to Bayside parents. The RI board is not very busy. If you can just keep your mouths shut, this thread will die, the same as many of the others.
                            I guess the real test will come down at Disney. At least they'll lead the bracket until they play their first game.

Comment

True...soccer in RI barely has a pulse.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X