Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't you listen?

They all live in sea-side villas, walk to training in the beautiful weather, and take online HS at a "credited" site... all while they're getting noticed by top-tier teams.

They're never coming back - this country's soccer system has wronged them.
    Even if it doesn't last they'll come back better players and do just fine with recruiting. International rejects take many top college spots in the US

Comment

Hey, Kelly Ann Conway. You free from the day at your Trump Villa? spreading Fake news again

hahahahaha Real deal wheeling and dealing
      Awww whassamatter, silly mommy?

Comment

Awww whassamatter, silly mommy?
        Even if I can't stand the idiots in Portugal, it makes me happy to see her seethe.

Comment

Even if I can't stand the idiots in Portugal, it makes me happy to see her seethe.
          Is he still considered a US BNT player?

Comment

Even if it doesn't last they'll come back better players and do just fine with recruiting. International rejects take many top college spots in the US
            I'm sure they'll be lined up to admit a kid with an online HS certificate whose parents' priority for them is soccer.

No red flags there.

Comment

I'm sure they'll be lined up to admit a kid with an online HS certificate whose parents' priority for them is soccer.

No red flags there.
              Are you kidding? There will be pretty much no other applicants like him -- if his grades and scores are decent he will have no trouble at all. In fact he will beat out kids with similar grades and scores because he will add to the interesting mix that makes up a class. And that's without considering the soccer piece. No, he will be fine.

I have no ax to grind, I read this thread mostly for entertainment. But I do have a fair amount of experience with college admissions. They want deep, not broad, kids. This boy is totally different from all the cookie cutter kids out there. Good for him.

Comment

I think PC is a fair example of a school with "top college spots". It is a well-regarded college and their team is #12 in the poll I just found.

More kids from MA than all internationals combined: Two Portugal, one England, (then these soccer hotbeds) one Norway, one Cape Verde (who went to HS here), and one Canada.

Same number of kids from RI and Portugal.

I'm failing to find a logical connection.

Comment

Are you kidding? There will be pretty much no other applicants like him -- if his grades and scores are decent he will have no trouble at all. In fact he will beat out kids with similar grades and scores because he will add to the interesting mix that makes up a class. And that's without considering the soccer piece. No, he will be fine.

I have no ax to grind, I read this thread mostly for entertainment. But I do have a fair amount of experience with college admissions. They want deep, not broad, kids. This boy is totally different from all the cookie cutter kids out there. Good for him.
                  Colleges want kids that do one thing, and not even as part of a school? Which college is that? Good for you for finding it..!

Every college tour that I've been on with my kid (one who is not going to play NCAA varsity sports) said the exact opposite of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    I think PC is a fair example of a school with "top college spots". It is a well-regarded college and their team is #12 in the poll I just found.

More kids from MA than all internationals combined: Two Portugal, one England, (then these soccer hotbeds) one Norway, one Cape Verde (who went to HS here), and one Canada.

Well regarded by whom? 55% admit.

Comment

Colleges want kids that do one thing, and not even as part of a school? Which college is that? Good for you for finding it..!

Every college tour that I've been on with my kid (one who is not going to play NCAA varsity sports) said the exact opposite of that.
                      Do one thing at an extremely high level? You bet!

Plus, coming from living abroad? You bet!

If it's a school recruiting him for soccer? You bet x 10!

Fluent in a foreign language? A plus.

What schools *dont* want (and I disagree with them btw) are middle class, B+ to A-, JV athletes, who are secretary of a few clubs. In other words decent kids but not world beaters. Schools will take a kid who pursues their passion on an international stage over those decent but not superstar kids every time.

Comment

Did you ever take a statistics class? A sample size of one is hardly representative. Nor is PC a top anything, academics or soccer wise.

Comment

Do one thing at an extremely high level? You bet!

Plus, coming from living abroad? You bet!

If it's a school recruiting him for soccer? You bet x 10!

Fluent in a foreign language? A plus.

What schools *dont* want (and I disagree with them btw) are middle class, B+ to A-, JV athletes, who are secretary of a few clubs. In other words decent kids but not world beaters. Schools will take a kid who pursues their passion on an international stage over those decent but not superstar kids every time.
                          Well, schools do want the upper middle class JV athletes with those attributes. Someone has to pay the bills.

Comment

Wait, so on your college tours, you asked if they would be interested in a soccer player who played in Europe, specifically? And they said no?

Comment

Wait, so on your college tours, you asked if they would be interested in a soccer player who played in Europe, specifically? And they said no?
                              What am I waiting for?

Comment

What am I waiting for?
                                .... A clue

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X