Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We're watching it play out on our team right now with a skilled, getting-recruited player (not top D1 but still enough to get interest). For whatever reason the coach just doesn't believe in him, like him, or whatever the reason is. Fairly known and respected coach too. To his credit the player is sticking it out and trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    What does being recruited mean in boys soccer? I have not seen any college coaches at our games. My guess is that the kid (or parent) filled out the questionnaire on the college website. They received the automatic reply thanking them for the information. Now they are being recruited.

Comment

What does being recruited mean in boys soccer? I have not seen any college coaches at our games. My guess is that the kid (or parent) filled out the questionnaire on the college website. They received the automatic reply thanking them for the information. Now they are being recruited.
      Why do TS posters feel the need to pick the worst scenarios and belittle kids? This player plays high level club, does showcases and has gone on college visits and met with coaches. No one gets recruited just from high school any longer. If you see a college coach at a regular season game it's because he's watching a local player he's talking to and it fit into his busy schedule. A few watch state finals, that's it.

Comment

Why do TS posters feel the need to pick the worst scenarios and belittle kids? This player plays high level club, does showcases and has gone on college visits and met with coaches. No one gets recruited just from high school any longer. If you see a college coach at a regular season game it's because he's watching a local player he's talking to and it fit into his busy schedule. A few watch state finals, that's it.
        We get a ton of emails from ID camps and coaches who run ID camps. Does that mean we are getting recruited. There are some other clubs worth mentioning with regard to being recruited. FSA lists their players and the majority of boys go to D3 schools. I dont call that being recruited. I call that you picked the school and told the coach you were coming. they are happy to have you. My point is if you are truly being recruited there is no way a high school coach in CT would be sitting you on the bench.

Comment

We get a ton of emails from ID camps and coaches who run ID camps. Does that mean we are getting recruited. There are some other clubs worth mentioning with regard to being recruited. FSA lists their players and the majority of boys go to D3 schools. I dont call that being recruited. I call that you picked the school and told the coach you were coming. they are happy to have you. My point is if you are truly being recruited there is no way a high school coach in CT would be sitting you on the bench.
          You are nuts for many good D3 programs at very good schools. They do not take all comers ..... Believe me that many D3 schools are very competitive.

Comment

You are nuts for many good D3 programs at very good schools. They do not take all comers ..... Believe me that many D3 schools are very competitive.
            I am not disparaging any D3 schools. I am sure the top schools only take the best of the best. My point it that they dont heavily recruit average kids in CT. And if they are recruiting a kid his coach would not be able to keep him on the bench.

Comment

I am not disparaging any D3 schools. I am sure the top schools only take the best of the best. My point it that they dont heavily recruit average kids in CT. And if they are recruiting a kid his coach would not be able to keep him on the bench.
              The top half of D3 is highly competitive both academically and athletically
              At the top those are D1 caliber players who went for the education. If you are getting invites without talking to the coach you are a checkbook. You have to get yourself noticed and contact coaches. The only way a coach goes to a HS game is to watch his recruit, the only way you get noticed is if you dismantle his recruit

Comment

The top half of D3 is highly competitive both academically and athletically
                At the top those are D1 caliber players who went for the education. If you are getting invites without talking to the coach you are a checkbook. You have to get yourself noticed and contact coaches. The only way a coach goes to a HS game is to watch his recruit, the only way you get noticed is if you dismantle his recruit
                Can you imagine how hard it must be to recruit soccer players at non-fully funded D1 and D2 programs that are not great schools? There is so little money anyways on the boys side.

Comment

You're pretty off base about many D3 programs. There is also a whole range of lower level D1 and D2 schools that have CT players on their rosters as well. Not every kid from CT playing in college came from a DA program.

Comment

Can you imagine how hard it must be to recruit soccer players at non-fully funded D1 and D2 programs that are not great schools? There is so little money anyways on the boys side.
                    Can't be easy but different schools fit different kids and many players are happy playing even if it's for no money. I think because there's so little for men's programs in general it's kind of an even playing field in many regards. Also if the coach really sucks it still won't help being a good school. On the Ma board there's a lot discussion about the cellar dwellar Northeastern, a crazy popular school because of its co-op program (when I went to college in Boston is was a complete safety school). They had nearly 50,000 applicants last year, but can't seem to recruit a decent soccer team

Comment

You're pretty off base about many D3 programs. There is also a whole range of lower level D1 and D2 schools that have CT players on their rosters as well. Not every kid from CT playing in college came from a DA program.
                      Great! I bet they were not on this forum telling how their high school coach was keeping them on the bench even though they were being recruited for these D1 and D2 schools.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X