Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And her club team would destroy every high school team in the state. They are loaded.
    yet she nor her club team are playing any HS teams in the state- she nor many of her club teammates are playing in conf championships
    she doesnt play in the FCIAC- you keep spouting **** nobody on this thread care about

Comment

Uh...yes several of her teammates are currently dominating and playing in HS. Get a clue.
      Conference Tournament? Really? Who cares? All about being a state champion.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Nobody cares about conference tournaments. Why bother?

Comment

10 players on that roster played in or won a state championship last year...hmmm...

Comment

Who has labeled her as mediocre besides you? Have you seen her play? If so, against who? Please continue to share your excellent talent assessment so we can all learn from you.
            I didn't label her as mediocre. I have seen her play (last season). She is a good player. The one HS game I saw her in, she was clearly one of the most athletic kids on the team, but I thought their blond forward was a better player. I would never have guessed she was on the radar of the YNT. It was only one game so i didnt put too much stock in it (for or against her). My response was in response to the folks that always blame the coaches. HS aged kids should know better than to play poor soccer and they should not let it happen. No HS coach ever tells them to play kickball .... not even the bad ones. If the kids that know how to play, show bad coaches there is a better way, no coach would ignore it. Soccer at these ages is about these kids coming out and being players. The responsibility is theirs and theirs alone. As players and parents, I find it alarming that we will grasp onto any weak straw to clear our kids and their teams of any responsibility for playing poor soccer. While a good coach can certainly help and a bad coach can certainly hurt, there is no way teams loaded with talent should accept really bad records as anyone's fault but their own. That scenario wreaks of poor player leadership .... on the field and off to talk with the coach to come to a better place.

Comment

Uh...yes several of her teammates are currently dominating and playing in HS. Get a clue.
              Conference Tournament? Really? Who cares? All about being a state champion.
              Season over states hasnt started so the only thing currently going on are conf tournaments

all of her teamates should be playing in HS- dominating ??? maybe the northern ones

Comment

Evrybody chill out- the kid in question is fine but she plays in the SWC
                So why is this on the FCIAC site?
                Two words: Norwalk Dad

Comment

"That kid is coming to adulthood" *** is that supposed to mean? What's your point? She's still in HS.

The point is, if your kid is a middie and the coach has the back line launch the ball forward over the top every time, good luck having your middie make an impact. If your coach gives out participation tropies (Hey Ludlowe!) and takes 25+ players on a roster and plays seniors b/c they've "earned the right" over more talented players, good luck making an impact. My point was that HS soccer isn't the best place to judge a soccer player's talents b/c often times its bad coaching that leads to bad soccer.
                  BS! Tell your kid to step up and demand the ball and then do something positive with it. Perhaps the coach wants her backs skipping your kid because she constantly turns the ball over in bad spots. It's not the coaching that leads to poor soccer it is the poor play and poor decision making on the field. Coaches don't create champions and they certainly don't create bad teams.

Comment

10 players on that roster played in or won a state championship last year...hmmm...
                    Dominated in M and S ... awesome .... they didn't play at GBURY in the big girl league. Mediocre fish, meet small pond.

Comment

Don't pass judgment based on talented players who play with rec league, travel and low level premier league talent. These players will make their teams better but cannot do it all.
                      Example: 5-6 consecutive passes between average players always breaks down in HS. The talent level at HS should not be compared to the talent level at the club. Everyone of these kids fares better when they are surrounded with similar players who know how to play the game. All these Dad's of mediocre players expect these kids to dominate every game. Unreal.

Comment

The CCC has several ECNL players on their rosters. Yes, their are numerous CFC United ECNL players at GBury and other schools.

Comment

I didn't label her as mediocre. I have seen her play (last season). She is a good player. The one HS game I saw her in, she was clearly one of the most athletic kids on the team, but I thought their blond forward was a better player. I would never have guessed she was on the radar of the YNT. It was only one game so i didnt put too much stock in it (for or against her). My response was in response to the folks that always blame the coaches. HS aged kids should know better than to play poor soccer and they should not let it happen. No HS coach ever tells them to play kickball .... not even the bad ones. If the kids that know how to play, show bad coaches there is a better way, no coach would ignore it. Soccer at these ages is about these kids coming out and being players. The responsibility is theirs and theirs alone. As players and parents, I find it alarming that we will grasp onto any weak straw to clear our kids and their teams of any responsibility for playing poor soccer. While a good coach can certainly help and a bad coach can certainly hurt, there is no way teams loaded with talent should accept really bad records as anyone's fault but their own. That scenario wreaks of poor player leadership .... on the field and off to talk with the coach to come to a better place.
                          My kid's hs coach yelled at defenders for passing the ball. he wanted them to boot it. told the team never to pass the ball back in hs soccer cause hs soccer is all about the quick transition (in other words "boot it"). kids did what he said because they didn't want to get subbed out.

Comment

BS! Tell your kid to step up and demand the ball and then do something positive with it. Perhaps the coach wants her backs skipping your kid because she constantly turns the ball over in bad spots. It's not the coaching that leads to poor soccer it is the poor play and poor decision making on the field. Coaches don't create champions and they certainly don't create bad teams.
                            Coaches control who is on the field. Sometimes it's the best players and sometimes the choices are political. Coaches can create bad teams if their own best interest is more important to them then the success of the team.

Comment

I think it was Man U I was watching last week in the EPL.
                              Keeper punts 70 yards, headed to striker between two defenders, just onside. Shot...GOAL!

Announcers , fans, caoches were irate because it was " kickball ".
                              Yeah sure they were.

Comment

I think it was Man U I was watching last week in the EPL.
                                Keeper punts 70 yards, headed to striker between two defenders, just onside. Shot...GOAL!

Announcers , fans, caoches were irate because it was " kickball ".
                                Yeah sure they were.
                                There is a difference between playing "kickball" and using long passes as a strategy. Best teams are able to adapt to different circumstances requiring different styles of play. Best coaches don't limit their teams to one style of play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X