Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls DA

With Girls DA practices starting to ramp up I'm interested to hear if the training sessions are any different than what you have seen in the past with the club? Are clubs having 4 practices a week or 3?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With Girls DA practices starting to ramp up I'm interested to hear if the training sessions are any different than what you have seen in the past with the club? Are clubs having 4 practices a week or 3?
    There is no magic formula so why would it be any different? Same coaches, same players. As to practicing one more day per week, most kids I know already do that, either in their own, on different teams, or with different clinics/camps/etc. My kid isn't even DA and her team practices 3 days per week and then she does 1 day of technical training.

Comment

Breakers GDA definitely doing 4 practices a week. How they differ or add to the developmental model of their NPL teams is yet to be seen.

Comment

Gold

Good question! I guess we shall see but npl teams don't practice in fall time so development of DA players will have a few months on npl anyhow

Comment

Good question! I guess we shall see but npl teams don't practice in fall time so development of DA players will have a few months on npl anyhow
          Good point, well except at U14.

Comment

Because a couple of months of GDA development of at U16+ vs HS means so much.

Comment

Wonder how many time DA will wear their spirit costumes to practices or how many games of World Cup they'll play this fall.

Comment

Wonder how many time DA will wear their spirit costumes to practices or how many games of World Cup they'll play this fall.
                I wonder how many will think back fondly of their skill practice on a Friday night when they're 25 and working a regular job.

Comment

I wonder how many will think back fondly of their skill practice on a Friday night when they're 25 and working a regular job.
                  If it's anything like what I went through, quite well. I remember the endless hours me and my brothers put in; shooting pucks against the woodpile, dribbling around the dogs, wiffleball in the driveway.

Much simpler times then: Just you, a ball, and whatever effort you want to put into it. Can't be a bad thing as one enters the working world, having the ethic to get out what you put into it, and excelling in a team environment.

I didn't have DA, and my daughter most likely won't get to that level. But, she has taken on that same ethic and enjoys those times as well. It will help her years down the road.

Comment

It's really two components for the upcoming few months that will over 4 year span make the da player better imho :

1- good practice traits vs HS
                    2- no bad traits learned and coach having to use spring to reshape the player

Comment

will be interesting to track how many DA players actually make to national team status
                      IMO an extra day of training with the same coaches who coached ECNL teams is not going to make a difference.
                      how do club owners, coaches, and parents let these girls have such false expecttions?

Comment

And, that's one of the points, right? Same coaches as before. When I ran town travel teams, I held practice three times per week and tried for a 3:1 practice to game ratio, which wasn't bad. Academy is new and groovy and everything else, but it's using all the same coaches as before with, what, the same tired lesson plans? It's lipstick on a pig.

Comment

will be interesting to track how many DA players actually make to national team status
                          IMO an extra day of training with the same coaches who coached ECNL teams is not going to make a difference.
                          how do club owners, coaches, and parents let these girls have such false expecttions?
                          It's all about the Benjamins - always has been only now it's just under a new logo.

Comment

Girls DA

Like players, coaches can also improve and learn. I realize I will probably get bashed for this comment, but I really hope this is the case with some. Posters may be accurate that it is the same old coaches, but hopefully they are also continuing to grow and in turn have better training sessions etc etc. it's too early in the season, but I am very inretested in seeing what the training sessions are like.

Comment

I don't think 95% of these girls playing on GDA are doing it with misguided dreams of NT call-ups. For Breakers teams, it's simply the chance to play on the "top" team of the pyramid regardless of whatever league they play in, and to continue to play with their soccer peer group they have played with for years (for many that started in NPL, then ECNL, and now GDA). And over at Stars, the girls getting cut from, or not making ECNL, would rather have the prestige of playing GDA than the old option of Northeast NPL. Bottom line, is that the kids are not playing in these leagues for the league. They want to play for top team whatever it plays, and stay with as many of their current teammates as possible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X