Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right, most players have already made the decision to where they will play next year. Some have already made the decision to move, their old club just might not know it yet. The first legal signing day for the GDA was 7/1. Bet you didn't know that did you? How do you know how many other girls from ECNL might have signed already?

You haven't been keeping up with the changes. First - Meghan Frye as the new coach is fantastic.
    Second - They are only fielding a U14 and U15 team this year, so your predictions for the U17 and U19 are already wrong. LOL.
    As far as the U15 go, I guess we'll see won't we?
    Please stop embarrassing yourself...
    If you're bragging about your "gets" from Alby ECNL, their record is public-
    4-19-1 with 12 of their 19 losses being 3 goals or greater, with several 6 goal losses.

If your bragging about your EM ECNL 04 "gets", you are getting the bottom of the roster.

If you were able to snag the few from EM ECNL 05, congrats. They are excellent players. No snark at all intended in that comment. But, 3 good players cannot carry a whole team...evident by their current ECNL standing.

I know you're all trying to create some positive buzz around LISC, but honestly it's backfiring. Keep the spin to BOTN, where LISC is paying to control the narrative.

Comment

4-19-1 with 12 of their 19 losses being 3 goals or greater, with several 6 goal losses.

If your bragging about your EM ECNL 04 "gets", you are getting the bottom of the roster.

If you were able to snag the few from EM ECNL 05, congrats. They are excellent players. No snark at all intended in that comment. But, 3 good players cannot carry a whole team...evident by their current ECNL standing.

I know you're all trying to create some positive buzz around LISC, but honestly it's backfiring. Keep the spin to BOTN, where LISC is paying to control the narrative.
      How many of those younger players will stay around once the pressing issue of HS soccer emerges for them, particularly if the club's training continues to disappoint?

As for "gets" that has been an issue at many GA clubs - they "get" ECNL players but more often than not it's players who got little PT. Or they get NPL players that couldn't even make an ECNL bench before. The clubs that have done well (NYCFC, B Breakers) got the better players; anything below mid table got the benchwarmers. The disparity from top to bottom is not serving the league or the players well.

Comment

They are getting players who played GDA last year...people are finally fed up. You figure it out.

Comment

Lol, clearly someone’s cage has been rattled. Can’t stop worrying about LISC. Hmmm wonder why.

Comment

I think it's you that is embarrassing yourself! You already showed you don't have a clue what's going on with the club from your uninformed predictions about an imaginary U17 and U19 team! LOL
            I never said what players were coming to the team. Much less brag about anyone. You are still reaching, hoping to find out, so you can talk about them. Let's see, you've called girls "benchwarmers", "bottom of the roster", not "difference makers", among other things. Truly disgusting.

Comment

I think it's you that is embarrassing yourself! You already showed you don't have a clue what's going on with the club from your uninformed predictions about an imaginary U17 and U19 team! LOL
              I never said what players were coming to the team. Much less brag about anyone. You are still reaching, hoping to find out, so you can talk about them. Let's see, you've called girls "benchwarmers", "bottom of the roster", not "difference makers", among other things. Truly disgusting.
              You're debating with multiple people. I can't take credit for benchwarmers or difference makers (although I agree), only posted about bottom of the roster.

Why is that truly disgusting? I feel duping parents and players into a crappy situation, constantly lying to unknowing kids and paying off a website to lie and spin and censor any unflattering info even though it's true, is truly disgusting.

So you think I'm disgusting and I think you're disgusting...at least I'm not lying, #15-18 players would universally be considered bottom of the roster. Kids who play 8 minutes, 15 minutes or even 20 minutes at the end of a 90 minute game, wouldn't be considered (to borrow another posters phrase) difference makers.

Comment

You're debating with multiple people. I can't take credit for benchwarmers or difference makers (although I agree), only posted about bottom of the roster.

Why is that truly disgusting? I feel duping parents and players into a crappy situation, constantly lying to unknowing kids and paying off a website to lie and spin and censor any unflattering info even though it's true, is truly disgusting.

So you think I'm disgusting and I think you're disgusting...at least I'm not lying, #15-18 players would universally be considered bottom of the roster. Kids who play 8 minutes, 15 minutes or even 20 minutes at the end of a 90 minute game, wouldn't be considered (to borrow another posters phrase) difference makers.
                Not who you're responding to. No one is calling out individual kids never ok but some scumbags will do it). But the reality is few GDA rosters are filled with quality players. Sorry some posters don't like it but you and others are just calling it like it is. It's why the results were so disparate this year and will only get worse. The better players that can make a squad at the higher performing clubs will go there, not to the basement dwellers. All you have to do is watch some games on line to see how variable it is. That's what happens when USSF decided to go for volume over quality.

Comment

Not who you're responding to. No one is calling out individual kids never ok but some scumbags will do it). But the reality is few GDA rosters are filled with quality players. Sorry some posters don't like it but you and others are just calling it like it is. It's why the results were so disparate this year and will only get worse. The better players that can make a squad at the higher performing clubs will go there, not to the basement dwellers. All you have to do is watch some games on line to see how variable it is. That's what happens when USSF decided to go for volume over quality.
                  Universally or generally condemn a team or club or league to your hearts content. When you focus on individual players on an anonymous forum it is scummy.

Comment

Universally or generally condemn a team or club or league to your hearts content. When you focus on individual players on an anonymous forum it is scummy.
                    So here's a recap of the last few days/weeks of this thread-

LISC SUPPORTERS:
                    -LISC handpicked the players they wanted to keep
                    -LISC shared their secret plan only with the players/families they wanted to keep
                    -LISC is getting players from ECNL, GDA teams that are unhappy with their clubs, some of them have already accepted roster spots for next year but are leaving anyway
                    -LISC is getting players that played GDA last year and are fed up

ANNONYMOUS POSTERS:
                    -LISC is spinning the truth, hoardes of kids left and they're claiming they handpicked players to do damage control
                    -LISC is still behind the curve, announced the hiring of MF after most other clubs concluded tryouts and are still heavily advertising tryouts.
                    -No player who is a starter ("top player/difference maker") or getting decent PT is leaving their current situation to go to LISC. The only kids who are unhappy are those who are not getting PT ("benchwarmers/reserve"). Alby ECNL did very poorly last year, so even their top players may not be strong GDA caliber.
                    -The only kids leaving Fury GDA or EM ECNL are those who don't play that much

LISC SUPPORTERS:
                    -Omg, omg, omg!!! How dare you call out kids (even though we did first)!!!!
                    -You're disgusting for saying these kids don't get playing time (even though they don't)!!!
                    -You're truly disgusting for talking about team standings from last year and implying those players aren't top players!!!

ANNONYMOUS POSTERS:
                    -If you want to control and positively spin the narrative around LISC, stick to BOTN where LISC pays Larry Miller to talk-up LISC and censor any unflattering posts.

Am I all caught up?

Comment

Not really. I don't support or condemn LISC. The are a youth soccer club hawking their wares like all the others. Individual players or small groups of players should not be discussed on anonymous forums period.

Comment

Not really. I don't support or condemn LISC. The are a youth soccer club hawking their wares like all the others. Individual players or small groups of players should not be discussed on anonymous forums period.
                        Can't have it both ways though. If LISC is touting the players they have or are getting, that's also discussing players. It's only when others point out that these players are perhaps not the strongest, that people get all uppity.

Comment

Can't have it both ways though. If LISC is touting the players they have or are getting, that's also discussing players. It's only when others point out that these players are perhaps not the strongest, that people get all uppity.
                          I disagree with calling out kids in either case. Nothing good ever comes of it. Ever.

Comment

I think people are too sensitive. Unless a kid is being identified by name, initials, jersey # or other clear identifiers-ie the tall red headed forward on the Candyland GDA 04 team, I don't really think it's a big deal.

Comment

I disagree with calling out kids in either case. Nothing good ever comes of it. Ever.
                              Again, not one kid has been called out. If you can't see what is right in front of you then you are choosing to be blind. Some of these teams have players that should not be in what is supposed to be the highest quality league. It's not the player's faults they're getting suckered into a league that USSF chose to create, a league that is too big and requires too many clubs and players to produce a consistent quality outcome.

Comment

So here's a recap of the last few days/weeks of this thread-

LISC SUPPORTERS:
                                -LISC handpicked the players they wanted to keep
                                -LISC shared their secret plan only with the players/families they wanted to keep
                                -LISC is getting players from ECNL, GDA teams that are unhappy with their clubs, some of them have already accepted roster spots for next year but are leaving anyway
                                -LISC is getting players that played GDA last year and are fed up

ANNONYMOUS POSTERS:
                                -LISC is spinning the truth, hoardes of kids left and they're claiming they handpicked players to do damage control
                                -LISC is still behind the curve, announced the hiring of MF after most other clubs concluded tryouts and are still heavily advertising tryouts.
                                -No player who is a starter ("top player/difference maker") or getting decent PT is leaving their current situation to go to LISC. The only kids who are unhappy are those who are not getting PT ("benchwarmers/reserve"). Alby ECNL did very poorly last year, so even their top players may not be strong GDA caliber.
                                -The only kids leaving Fury GDA or EM ECNL are those who don't play that much

LISC SUPPORTERS:
                                -Omg, omg, omg!!! How dare you call out kids (even though we did first)!!!!
                                -You're disgusting for saying these kids don't get playing time (even though they don't)!!!
                                -You're truly disgusting for talking about team standings from last year and implying those players aren't top players!!!

ANNONYMOUS POSTERS:
                                -If you want to control and positively spin the narrative around LISC, stick to BOTN where LISC pays Larry Miller to talk-up LISC and censor any unflattering posts.

Am I all caught up?
                                Yes, but it's not all accurate. Bottom line is LISC will be significantly stronger than last year and may end up being the strongest GDA team in certain ages on LI due to people leaving another GDA club. Again, go figure it out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X