Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pretty sure its just NPL teams playing Thanksgiving weekend. There are no ECNL teams at least from CFC that play Thanksgiving weekend. ECNL teams train for the month of December and then head to the ECNL Showcase in FL. That and PDA are the top events.

As far as someone being critical of not getting training in. These are showcases. The line ups in showcase and substitution patterns are nothing like the league matches. These teams all get together 3 times a week during the winter for training. They'll have 3 months of training before they lace them up for a legit match.
    Last year FSA played at GPS on thanksgiving weekend to gear up for the season. There were other ECNL teams there as well ..... also many at NEWSS as well.

Comment

Pretty sure...don't bet the house on it. Why would you speak for all ECNL teams when you know nothing?
      Hey Jackass, a simple Google search will show you which teams have applied for the NEWSS event. There's a chance their website could be wrong but I wouldn't bet your double wide on it!

The CT ECNL teams aren't participating.

Comment

Hey Jackass, a simple Google search will show you which teams have applied for the NEWSS event. There's a chance their website could be wrong but I wouldn't bet your double wide on it!

FSA has a few teams going to the event in Mass. which means they are wasting a holiday weekend playing against three teams from GPS. I only know because my kid is on one of the teams.

The CFC United teams which will still be playing soccer in June at the Nationals probably aren't in a rush to throw their kids into a meaningless tournament one week into their season on a holiday weekend.

As for the enthusiastic u14 Dad defending the club, no coach is coming to watch your kid. This is a bad decision by the club.

Comment

FSA has a few teams going to the event in Mass. which means they are wasting a holiday weekend playing against three teams from GPS. I only know because my kid is on one of the teams.

The CFC United teams which will still be playing soccer in June at the Nationals probably aren't in a rush to throw their kids into a meaningless tournament one week into their season on a holiday weekend.

As for the enthusiastic u14 Dad defending the club, no coach is coming to watch your kid. This is a bad decision by the club.
          Ok. Azzhole. June is a long way off.

Comment

Who mentioned NEWSS? You? *********...now go run along and have your mom get the meatloaf?

Comment

Have to say been going to that GPS tourny for several years now. Not by choice trust me. After the first year trying to find a way not to go back. Not a good time in the middle of no where and 99.7 of the soccer is awful. NOT ALL KIDS ARE GOOD AT EVERYTHING their parents want them to be and that is ok for most sane people. There is a place for everyone to play and this tourny fits certain groups of kids. Kids have no choice as is decided by the clubs they play for. Best part of the weekend is listening to the parents on the sidelines and in parking lots. Talk about comic relief.

Comment

Right you are, March through June, four months. November, the kids are just re-remembering who each other is, December, no real league to speak of, and then various non-league distractions over the hols.
                So which is it? You want them playing games or you want them training? I thought training was the model being preached. If so, the CFC ECNL teams will train twice a week indoors all winter and have a league they set up on the weekend. That’s three times a week in the “off season”. Curious as to what the GDAP teams will be doing?

Comment

So which is it? You want them playing games or you want them training? I thought training was the model being preached. If so, the CFC ECNL teams will train twice a week indoors all winter and have a league they set up on the weekend. That’s three times a week in the “off season”. Curious as to what the GDAP teams will be doing?
                  Ow does 3/week all year, not the prescribed 4

Comment

Yeah, at OW outdoors you get 1/16th of a field to practice on 2-3 times a week, and indoors you get 1/3 of a smelly, small, boarded field to practice on. Can't believe U.S. Soccer doubled down there with GDA.

Comment

Yeah, at OW outdoors you get 1/16th of a field to practice on 2-3 times a week, and indoors you get 1/3 of a smelly, small, boarded field to practice on. Can't believe U.S. Soccer doubled down there with GDA.
                      Oakwood teams get 1/2 an outdoor field in the fall and spring for training, 3 times per week. This is for every team except the YTL (6's and 7's), they train twice per week. In the winter teams train once a week and play in a league game once per week. Academy teams are off mid Dec thru mid Jan, they start back up mid Jan. As for the boards, they are invaluable in terms of speed of play. The player have no time to turn off mentally.

Comment

Oakwood teams get 1/2 an outdoor field in the fall and spring for training, 3 times per week. This is for every team except the YTL (6's and 7's), they train twice per week. In the winter teams train once a week and play in a league game once per week. Academy teams are off mid Dec thru mid Jan, they start back up mid Jan. As for the boards, they are invaluable in terms of speed of play. The player have no time to turn off mentally.
                        Keep choking on that veinless dog :)

Actually, I do agree about the boards. The downside is it allows sloppy play, passes don't need to be accurate and receiving can be poor, too, but the speed of play is great. I look at it as a different game.

But, that practice schedule is insufficient.

Comment

Blatant lie. 3x per week from end of August - weather permitting (late nov or early dec). 1x per week indoor until weather permitting (occasional outdoor in feb, a little more in early mar). 3x per week from late march - early june. often 20-30% of all time is done on side of field before other teams get off of field because they dont have space. interesting to see if older teams get a 4-5 weeks off this holiday season as well as they have in the past.

Comment

Right, and no need to make solid passes to feet as there is no out of bounds.

Comment

Blatant lie. 3x per week from end of August - weather permitting (late nov or early dec). 1x per week indoor until weather permitting (occasional outdoor in feb, a little more in early mar). 3x per week from late march - early june. often 20-30% of all time is done on side of field before other teams get off of field because they dont have space. interesting to see if older teams get a 4-5 weeks off this holiday season as well as they have in the past.
                              In case you didn't pick up on my snark, OW is falling way short of the amount they are supposed to be doing for DA, which is 4x/week. Other OW teams have always been at the short end of the stick and that will be worse now with GDA.

Comment

Keep choking on that veinless dog :)

Actually, I do agree about the boards. The downside is it allows sloppy play, passes don't need to be accurate and receiving can be poor, too, but the speed of play is great. I look at it as a different game.

But, that practice schedule is insufficient.
                                Oakwood teams are generally the most technical teams in CT. The boards in no way promote sloppy play as far as they're concerned.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X