Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are part correct. I have not seem them play this year. I watched them play last year against Masco. Masco was the only tough team on their schedule. Nauset was lucky to come out with the win. Masco was a better team and was able to string passes together. Nauset was barely able to sting 2 passes together. I think they would be a decent D1 team, but not more than that.
    The Nauset vs Masco game was on youtube for everyone's viewing. Not sure I agree with the point about Nauset not being able to string consecutive passes together.

Comment

Divisions

The Division a team is in has nothing to do with the quality of the team. Masco would be a D1 team if they were in the south. Silver Lake would be a D2 team in the north based on the # of males that attend the school for this alignment cycle.
      North Andover has 683 boys and is D2 north...Hingham has 602 boys and is D1 in the south. Brockton has 2142 boys and they struggle to make deep tourney runs most years against schools half their size.

Yes on Average a D1 team should be better than a lower Division team because they have more players to choose from which gives them a higher chance of having talented players. But the top D2 and D3 teams from towns that have quality programs and produce top club level players are just as good as any D1 team and would compete just as well in the D1 tourney.

Comment

http://miaa.net/gen/miaa_generated_b...1721_FINAL.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
          The Nauset vs Masco game was on youtube for everyone's viewing. Not sure I agree with the point about Nauset not being able to string consecutive passes together.
          Agreed. Nauset looked very good in that game too.

Comment

The Division a team is in has nothing to do with the quality of the team. Masco would be a D1 team if they were in the south. Silver Lake would be a D2 team in the north based on the # of males that attend the school for this alignment cycle.
            North Andover has 683 boys and is D2 north...

Yes on Average a D1 team should be better than a lower Division team because they have more players to choose from which gives them a higher chance of having talented players. But the top D2 and D3 teams from towns that have quality programs and produce top club level players are just as good as any D1 team and would compete just as well in the D1 tourney.
            Bravo

Comment

You are part correct. I have not seem them play this year. I watched them play last year against Masco. Masco was the only tough team on their schedule. Nauset was lucky to come out with the win. Masco was a better team and was able to string passes together. Nauset was barely able to sting 2 passes together. I think they would be a decent D1 team, but not more than that.
              I agree with the assessment that Nauset would be a decent D1 team, but not more for the following reason:

Nauset won 2-1 over Masco in the D2 Championship game. Masco lost two other games last season, both to D1 schools. Coincidently, 2-1 to SJP and 2-1 to Somerville. SJP lost in the 2nd round of the North playoffs 2-0 to Lowell (who lost to eventual state D1 champion Lexington 3-1). Somerville lost the North semi-finals to Linc-Sud 2-1 on PK's, (who lost to Lexington 1-0). I would deduce by these scores that Nauset would be a decent, playoff worthy team but not a state champion D1 school.

Having said that, Nauset has 475 boys per the soccer alignment document. I think what they have accomplished at D2 is very impressive given their enrollment of boys which is 35% less than Masco (642) and similarly smaller to other historically good D2 programs like Winchester, Beverly, Arlington, and Concord-Carlisle.

Comment

I agree with the assessment that Nauset would be a decent D1 team, but not more for the following reason:

Nauset won 2-1 over Masco in the D2 Championship game. Masco lost two other games last season, both to D1 schools. Coincidently, 2-1 to SJP and 2-1 to Somerville. SJP lost in the 2nd round of the North playoffs 2-0 to Lowell (who lost to eventual state D1 champion Lexington 3-1). Somerville lost the North semi-finals to Linc-Sud 2-1 on PK's, (who lost to Lexington 1-0). I would deduce by these scores that Nauset would be a decent, playoff worthy team but not a state champion D1 school.

Having said that, Nauset has 475 boys per the soccer alignment document. I think what they have accomplished at D2 is very impressive given their enrollment of boys which is 35% less than Masco (642) and similarly smaller to other historically good D2 programs like Winchester, Beverly, Arlington, and Concord-Carlisle.
                And cherry picking the best players on the cape helps too...gotta love school choice.

Comment

scores??

Needham 2
                  Brookline 1

In the year of battling, it looks as though Needham will still win the BSL

Comment

Weymouth 1
                    Framingham 0

Comment

Needham 2
                      Brookline 1

In the year of battling, it looks as though Needham will still win the BSL
                      Anyone have rankings? Needham still has to play Wellesley so they are far from definitely going to win out. Could other teams catch up?

Comment

Anyone have rankings? Needham still has to play Wellesley so they are far from definitely going to win out. Could other teams catch up?
                        Nobody should rank the BSL until the end of the season. Just joking of course.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                          Nobody should rank the BSL until the end of the season. Just joking of course.
                          OA 0 - Attleboro 1

Comment

I saw Lexington 2x last year, Masco 2x, including in the finals with Nauset. Nauset may not have had the best ground passing game, but that is not always what wins in high school. Masco was strong and solid, but could not handle the size and strength of Nauset and did not have much penetration beyond their one goal.

Meanwhile, Lexington CAME IN FOURTH IN THEIR MIDDLESEX LEAGUE last year behind D2 teams Winchester (who beat them twice), Belmont (who beat them twice) and Arlington (who tied them twice). Lexington also lost to D2 Burlington last year. While they may have caught some lightning in a bottle (and some luck with other teams going down) during the D1 playoffs, they would have been toast against either Nauset or Masco who were both bigger, stronger and faster than Lexington last year.

Comment

STATE TOP 10 Div.1 Teams

1. Wachusett Regional ( Holden ) 15-0-0
                              2. Brockton 13-0-1
                              3. Somerville 11-0-3
                              4. Ludlow 11-1-3
                              5. St. Johns Prep ( Danvers )9-0-2
                              6. Marlborough 11-1-3
                              7. New Bedford 11-1-1
                              8. Lexington 9-1-2
                              9. Westborough 11-1-3
                              10. Longmeadow 13-3-1

Comment

1. Wachusett Regional ( Holden ) 15-0-0
                                2. Brockton 13-0-1
                                3. Somerville 11-0-3
                                4. Ludlow 11-1-3
                                5. St. Johns Prep ( Danvers )9-0-2
                                6. Marlborough 11-1-3
                                7. New Bedford 11-1-1
                                8. Lexington 9-1-2
                                9. Westborough 11-1-3
                                10. Longmeadow 13-3-1

Is this your own personal list or was it generated elsewhere?
                                No teams from D1 south??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X