Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you owned an original ECNL club and were given the option, you would have declined because it wasn't "fair"?

I doubt it. These guys expended substantial resources creating ECNL. Filling a void when Red Bull or whatever "elite" alphabet league proceeded them. It is entirely appropriate for them to benefit from their efforts.

I think all these national leagues are negative for US soccer and player development. But gotta give credit to these guys from a business perspective.
    I don't fault the clubs - it absolutely is a savvy move. I fault the hypocrisy of the system and the leagues. It isn't exactly egalitarian is it? Then if you look at some of the clubs selected it's clear not all were selected for their historical development of talent. Some were to fill in geographic holes vs ECNL, some political. Then there's politics within the system itself and the obvious failures. The kool-aid drinkers hold up as a shining beacon and often ignore the blemishes

Comment

I don't fault the clubs - it absolutely is a savvy move. I fault the hypocrisy of the system and the leagues. It isn't exactly egalitarian is it? Then if you look at some of the clubs selected it's clear not all were selected for their historical development of talent. Some were to fill in geographic holes vs ECNL, some political. Then there's politics within the system itself and the obvious failures. The kool-aid drinkers hold up as a shining beacon and often ignore the blemishes
      I have yet to find anyone describe any youth soccer situation as a shining beacon. You hold your nose and sign up for something.

Comment

They understand the us soccer controls access to the youth national teams which is a very powerful marketing tool so they understood they had to participate n the GDA.
        Bingo. If the Stars didn't do the DA they would become just 1+ SSS. The only real question is when the Stars will bow out of the ECNL. That league as we now know it will be extinct within 3-5 years. The only thing left to decide is whether JD has the brains to see it and the balls to pull the trigger.

Comment

JD has both. If it's in his best interest to drop ECNL, he will do so.

I'm not convinced ECNL has only 3-5 years remaining. Though I do know many who hope it fails. One "national" league is one too many.

Comment

JD has both. If it's in his best interest to drop ECNL, he will do so.

I'm not convinced ECNL has only 3-5 years remaining. Though I do know many who hope it fails. One "national" league is one too many.
            Problem is that in some areas, GDA is failing and cant get players and in some areas, ECNL club is failing and cant get the players. Just yuck.

All should go back to local leagues en mass.

Comment

Problem is that in some areas, GDA is failing and cant get players and in some areas, ECNL club is failing and cant get the players. Just yuck.

All should go back to local leagues en mass.
              It really is playing out geographic dependent, which isn't suprising given some of the clubs they let in to GDA. Now they're taking applications for expansion. Where the fuk will they get more "top" clubs? What a watered down mess

Comment

It really is playing out geographic dependent, which isn't suprising given some of the clubs they let in to GDA. Now they're taking applications for expansion. Where the fuk will they get more "top" clubs? What a watered down mess
                The ecnl has plenty of dilution as do the two npl paths - gonna be that way until the gda emerges on top and the rest just won't matter to ussf. The ecnl founders have made bank and with boys ecnl they willl be happy to take the spillover from da and while parents just keep shoveling in the cash.

Comment

The ecnl has plenty of dilution as do the two npl paths - gonna be that way until the gda emerges on top and the rest just won't matter to ussf. The ecnl founders have made bank and with boys ecnl they willl be happy to take the spillover from da and while parents just keep shoveling in the cash.
                  And the ussf wont matter to them. The disdain goes both ways.

Comment

"Until" is a big unknown.

See DAP men's; 2017; 1st miss of World Cup since 1986.

Comment

FC Stars may have both, but they do a lousy job of sending the game film. Sill waiting on the NYCFC tapes.

Comment

"Until" is a big unknown.

See DAP men's; 2017; 1st miss of World Cup since 1986.
                        The effect of DA hasn't really been felt yet. Once they replace the old guard with new blood you'll get an accurate reflection of the DA's influence.

Comment

The effect of DA hasn't really been felt yet. Once they replace the old guard with new blood you'll get an accurate reflection of the DA's influence.
                          Waiting for Trump to drain the swamp as well. Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Waiting for Trump to drain the swamp as well. Don't hold your breath.
                            I'm not sure parents will wait, at least for certain age groups. The recruiting window is tight and they're overly anxious to lock in offers. The program is under the microscope as it is and won't have the luxury of time to prove itself

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X