Cjsa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is he interim. What happened to President?

Comment

Was he pushed out or was this voluntary?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Was he pushed out or was this voluntary?
        Not knowing the details of the short presidency, my guess would be that he was overwhelmed with the amount of work required to get CJSA turned around. He was running a town travel league prior to this job. He probably had no clue that US Club and US Soccer have made CJSA irrelevant and dying a slow death before he came aboard.

Comment

Not knowing the details of the short presidency, my guess would be that he was overwhelmed with the amount of work required to get CJSA turned around. He was running a town travel league prior to this job. He probably had no clue that US Club and US Soccer have made CJSA irrelevant and dying a slow death before he came aboard.
          Not knowing the details of the short presidency, my guess is I'll speculate wildly...

Comment

Not knowing the details of the short presidency, my guess is I'll speculate wildly...
            Only people who don't have a clue what the job entails would be foolish enough to take it

Comment

I believe he was well intentioned. He was not able to turn things around in Guilford so not sure why he thought he could do it on a larger scale.

Comment

I believe he was well intentioned. He was not able to turn things around in Guilford so not sure why he thought he could do it on a larger scale.
                boy CJSA has alot of mojo. They keep bringing in duds. When you start longing for good old Thom 'I know nothing about soccer' M. then you know CJSA has hit the skids

Comment

"When I get to the game, there’s not enough time for me to bark instructions or play like a joystick with the team and get each player to do what they need to, on a minute-to-minute, situation-to-situation basis,” Henderson says. “I have to use practice time to prepare them. You have to have players who can solve problems on the field, not players who listen to audible cues from the coach."

Yeah. When I coached rec. and town travel, I did the same thing. I was generally quiet. Parents generally didn't like the approach, and neither did the club. I found more success in developing players at the premier level.

http://usclubsoccer.org/2017/10/09/s...e-at-practice/

Comment

"When I get to the game, there’s not enough time for me to bark instructions or play like a joystick with the team and get each player to do what they need to, on a minute-to-minute, situation-to-situation basis,” Henderson says. “I have to use practice time to prepare them. You have to have players who can solve problems on the field, not players who listen to audible cues from the coach."

Yeah. When I coached rec. and town travel, I did the same thing. I was generally quiet. Parents generally didn't like the approach, and neither did the club. I found more success in developing players at the premier level.

http://usclubsoccer.org/2017/10/09/s...e-at-practice/
                    I am getting firmly entrenched in the belief that this is all BS and that coaches demand unwatched practices from parents to hide their own ineptitude and fly under the radar with their poor choices (plays, practice plans (or not), players/positions .....). Then they send the famous email to please stop the banter from the sidelines as you do not know what the kids have been learning in practice. For some coaches, they are learning nothing, since we see nothing changing in the games. No fixes to persistent issues. Nothing new in terms of plays or styles of plays. New formations that magically pop up in a game that have never been mentioned in practice. If you have a parent disrupting a practice then speak to them individually after the practice or kick them out for a 2nd or 3rd offense. I have never seen a parent interrupt a practice at any club. Most drop their kids off and chat with other parents, play on their phone or just watch quietly while enjoying their evening coffee. Sorry coaches, we are done giving all of you passes. You are getting paid handsomely (BY US!) ..... do your jobs and stop complaining. You don't have to win a WC or even win the majority of your games, but you must make each kid a better and more knowledgeable player at the end of a season than they were at the beginning.

Comment

I agree. Coaches like those at FSA need to make practices secret so parents cannot see the garbage coaching sessions they are paying for. I know MD, CC, AD, and crew have resumes, but the fact is they cannot help teenagers learn how to be better players. They use size and speed that the players already have and, generally, do a poor job of even managing the lineups and substitutions on game day. Parents of these kids actually do know what they are seeing in practice, because they've been committed to the sport for at least ten years and, you know what, soccer is just not that difficult to understand.

Comment

For a pseudo-public organization, CJSA seems to be a very secretive organization. Look at the board meeting minutes from September where it was announced that their president had resigned. What exactly do they discuss in their multiple "Executive Sessions" that isn't noted in their meeting minutes? Dirty laundry airing that the local organizations end up paying for? Improprieties? In my opinion, everything discussed at board meetings should be public info. If there are HR issues, they shouldn't be handled through a board meeting anyway.

Comment

For a pseudo-public organization, CJSA seems to be a very secretive organization. Look at the board meeting minutes from September where it was announced that their president had resigned. What exactly do they discuss in their multiple "Executive Sessions" that isn't noted in their meeting minutes? Dirty laundry airing that the local organizations end up paying for? Improprieties? In my opinion, everything discussed at board meetings should be public info. If there are HR issues, they shouldn't be handled through a board meeting anyway.
                          I agree with you on the Executive sessions. They happen every month. And board meetings minutes are published very slowly

Comment

I agree with you on the Executive sessions. They happen every month. And board meetings minutes are published very slowly
                            Maybe they know nobody looks at them? Has anyone looked at their cash surplus of late. I know a few years ago it was well over $2M but with fewer and fewer teams I have to believe they've been hitting up the piggy bank plenty

Comment

Maybe they know nobody looks at them? Has anyone looked at their cash surplus of late. I know a few years ago it was well over $2M but with fewer and fewer teams I have to believe they've been hitting up the piggy bank plenty
                              In September they went into Executive Session twice!!

Also noticed

- the teams registration numbers are down from 2015 vs 2016.
                              - Cjsa losing recreation and premier teams
                              - CT Cups teams are down from 2016 vs 2017
                              - BS no longer registered with CJSA

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...%20Minutes.pdf

Comment

In September they went into Executive Session twice!!

Also noticed

- the teams registration numbers are down from 2015 vs 2016.
                                - Cjsa losing recreation and premier teams
                                - CT Cups teams are down from 2016 vs 2017
                                - BS no longer registered with CJSA

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...%20Minutes.pdf
                                None of that is news to anyone involved with CT soccer; except maybe to CJSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X