Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Challenge

Assuming by March MA has eased the rules enough for this to actually happen, is anyone other than NE Surf and RI Surf teams going?

https://newenglandsurf.com/youth-cha...-and-showcase/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Assuming by March MA has eased the rules enough for this to actually happen, is anyone other than NE Surf and RI Surf teams going?

NEFC, Bolts, Juventus, probably Seacoast for boys.

Comment

You think King Baker will lighten restrictions

Comment

Trump is out of office and easing restrictions is quickly becoming all the rage. RI gov signed what must be her final executive order on her way out the door today, opening low and moderate risk sports back up for competition (in-state only for now).

Comment

I wonder what the Attendance will look like with the highly participated in NEFC spring showcase 2 weeks after. I am assuming that most clubs won’t enter the same teams in 2 tournaments that close together. I’m anticipate most clubs will pick one or the other.

Comment

I wonder what the Attendance will look like with the highly participated in NEFC spring showcase 2 weeks after. I am assuming that most clubs won’t enter the same teams in 2 tournaments that close together. I’m anticipate most clubs will pick one or the other.
            Why wouldn't clubs pick the Nefc tournament over Surf. Two weeks later gives a better chance for decent weather and Nefc tournament is well established.

Comment

Yes, I can’t imagine clubs will send teams to both tournaments. The later NEFC is better positioned given that it is the end of March giving teams more time to practice as well as likely being held in warmer weather. Plus, these will all likely be “friendlies” while we are still in a pandemic.

Comment

Why wouldn't clubs pick the Nefc tournament over Surf. Two weeks later gives a better chance for decent weather and Nefc tournament is well established.
                I agree, I wouldn’t think Surf could pull in many teams to make it a competitive tournament. NEFC does a great job putting their tournament together.

Comment

Yes, I can’t imagine clubs will send teams to both tournaments. The later NEFC is better positioned given that it is the end of March giving teams more time to practice as well as likely being held in warmer weather. Plus, these will all likely be “friendlies” while we are still in a pandemic.
                  No, no, no, didn't you get the memo? Uncle Joe is now in office so we can start dismantling this giant charade. He's going to mandate masks in all federal buildings (which already have mask mandates), there will be 1M vaccinations per day (let's overlook that there are already >800K per day), the WHO has just put out guidance to modify PCR testing (which will result in fewer cases), and if you look at the graphs, we've been on the right side of the second wave's curve for a month now. The clouds will soon part and old Joe will claim victory, then we can all forget about trump, er, I mean corona.

Also, your comment about "warmer weather" is funny. Weren't the fields covered in snow and ice two years ago?

Comment

Given the uncertain weather this time of year they should leave a few open spots for rescheduled games. League games are more important than this

Comment

The election is over, they are already loosening things. Baker announced he will lighten up on businesses etc, WHO announced that they just realized that they had the recommended test settings wrong and said to change them to ones that will produce significantly less positive results. Things should be back to normal in a month or two

Comment

The election is over, they are already loosening things. Baker announced he will lighten up on businesses etc, WHO announced that they just realized that they had the recommended test settings wrong and said to change them to ones that will produce significantly less positive results. Things should be back to normal in a month or two
                        Election was over months ago, just some people couldn't man up and accept the results. The pandemic didn't up and leave the day after the election.

The test thresholds conversation has been going on since early in the pandemic. There are reasons why the thresholds were set that way earlier in the pandemic when testing was limited and the goal was to prevent widespread transmission. Finally bringing the threshold into closer line with infectiousness isn't going to make the hospitalizations disappear in a month or two without actual progress.

Comment

Election was over months ago, just some people couldn't man up and accept the results. The pandemic didn't up and leave the day after the election.

The test thresholds conversation has been going on since early in the pandemic. There are reasons why the thresholds were set that way earlier in the pandemic when testing was limited and the goal was to prevent widespread transmission. Finally bringing the threshold into closer line with infectiousness isn't going to make the hospitalizations disappear in a month or two without actual progress.
                          NPR headline from a day before inauguration: "As Death Rate Accelerates, U.S. Records 400,000 Lives Lost To The Coronavirus"
                          https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...he-coronavirus

NPR headline from the morning after inauguration: "Current, Deadly U.S. Coronavirus Surge Has Peaked, Researchers Say"
                          https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...esearchers-say

DC opens back up immediately following inauguration:
                          https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ing-january-22

Cuomo says NY needs to open up. Chicago mayor says her city needs to open up.

Sounds like all these 'elites' think the pandemic is about to wrap up. It's an Uncle Joe miracle!

Comment

CNN suggesting it's over: https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...06861350002690

Comment

Any teams going to this tournament in March? Or is it mainly Surf teams playing each other?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X