X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coach Nick,

I am writing this to express my sincere frustration with what happened this weekend at the Florida ECNL Event. While I realize that this is not the ideal way for me to express my feelings, it does provide me with some protection as i feel a need to get my point across to you without fear that it will ruin my chances of playing soccer in college. All of us on the team have worked so hard to make it this far and play in the ECNL. We have bright futures, which means we have a lot to lose by expressing ourselves. Even so, many of us are really disappointed with the way you conducted yourself this past weekend. Your excessive partying set the wrong example and made us all realize that you are not as committed as many of us are. You can't imagine how disappointing this is to our team, as we have all worked so hard and sacrificed so much. Anyways, I just needed to tell you how some of us felt.
    Kinda lame that you wrote in the voice of a player. Bet you write the notes to college coaches too. They can smell it, don't do it

Comment

Yeah, let's appeal freedom of speech. Great idea!
      I went to post this letter on parler but the libartards eliminated parler for good

Comment

I went to post this letter on parler but the libartards eliminated parler for good
        Great. Now, if we can only get rid of you and your ilk.

Comment

Parler did it to itself by violating Amazon's terms of service. None of it falls under free speech protections.

Comment

Great. Now, if we can only get rid of you and your ilk.
            I couldn't imagine actually getting to the point of my life that I'd want to eliminate those who I may not agree with.

Sad days indeed.

Comment

I couldn't imagine actually getting to the point of my life that I'd want to eliminate those who I may not agree with.

Sad days indeed.
              You know what isn't protected free speech? Slander/libel/defamation. This thread is just that. Not all speech is free from consequences. You cons really need a civics refresher course.

Comment

You know what isn't protected free speech? Slander/libel/defamation. This thread is just that. Not all speech is free from consequences. You cons really need a civics refresher course.
                Is that the case for all, though?

Like, if you don't agree with the results of the 2016 election, are you able to comment on that...or only for the 2020 election?

If you want to threaten Trump supporters, is that OK...or only if the opposite?

Are you able to encourage violence, but others can't?

Just put one set of rules out there for everyone to follow, and there would be no problems.

Comment

Here is my question? When you say "partied too much" what exactly do you mean. Because if true this could either be serious or nothing at all.

If coach was partying too much and was late to games, hung over at games etc... then yes it should be complained about.

BUT if he was simply drinking at the hotel after his soccer duties were completed then this is nothing.

Comment

Is that the case for all, though?

Like, if you don't agree with the results of the 2016 election, are you able to comment on that...or only for the 2020 election?

If you want to threaten Trump supporters, is that OK...or only if the opposite?

Are you able to encourage violence, but others can't?

Just put one set of rules out there for everyone to follow, and there would be no problems.
                    Libel/slander/defamation is well established law, simplified here https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/d...nder-and-libel

You're perfectly free to complain about ANY election at any time - you just can't take up arms because of it or call to take up arms. How often are Dems calling for violence vs violence from the right? The US government for years has warned of the threat of domestic terrorism from the right.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...cist-boogaloo/
                    https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2020/07...-warning-signs

Antifa gets blamed by the right but there is little evidence to support it. It does get investigated, as it should

"The FBI has several ongoing investigations into anarchist violent extremists, including those who self-identify with Antifa, according to Wray. "We're going to be looking — and we have been looking — at their funding, their tactics, their logistics, their supply chains and we're going to pursue all available charges," he told lawmakers Thursday."

https://www.ajc.com/news/fbi-finds-e...Q6u1QEvVsJ7AJ/
                    https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/f...-not-a-fiction

Comment

Wow, I am sure you struggled getting out of the 9th grade. Here is a refresher course for you. What most have written about the events in Florida are TRUE and actually there has been some key points about this trip as well as past events that have been left out and I believe that is the right course. Its up to the parents to figure this out in private or with the ECNL board. Coming on here isn't going to get that done.

I think parents have been very forgiving. So if something is a matter of fact and can be proven it occurred its open for all to speak or write about.

Comment

Here is my question? When you say "partied too much" what exactly do you mean. Because if true this could either be serious or nothing at all.

If coach was partying too much and was late to games, hung over at games etc... then yes it should be complained about.

BUT if he was simply drinking at the hotel after his soccer duties were completed then this is nothing.
                        This. Context matters. Pre covid days parents would be at the bar with the coach drinking too! Worried your kid sees a coach having a beer at 8pm? Lighten the phuk up. He's off the clock. Drinking during the day while responsible for children yes that's inexcusable.

Or is this someone just out to slam the coach because they have a bone to pick?

Comment

He missed 2 team meetings that he scheduled. The team meetings were on two different days. He blew them off because he was drinking.

Comment

Wow, I am sure you struggled getting out of the 9th grade. Here is a refresher course for you. What most have written about the events in Florida are TRUE and actually there has been some key points about this trip as well as past events that have been left out and I believe that is the right course. Its up to the parents to figure this out in private or with the ECNL board. Coming on here isn't going to get that done.

I think parents have been very forgiving. So if something is a matter of fact and can be proven it occurred its open for all to speak or write about.
                            Was he drinking just before or even during his coaching responsibilities? That's a true problem that demands immediate action. Was he having a drink after he was done? Not a problem, it's his free time.

If people have a substantive issue with him go to the club like real men instead of posting it anonymously on Talking Soccer.

Comment

See a rational person with some sound thinking.

A lot of parents are fearful of speaking up and putting their children in jeopardy. It's not black and white when speaking up could hurt your child's future at the club that they have grown friendships with and want to remain.

Adults trying to navigate life lessons and the here and now have it tough. In general the club needs to do much better and be mindful that these young kids look up to them. I will not speak to specifics on this forum.

If the truth is important to ECNL then they can easily discover what did or did not happen.

Comment

He missed 2 team meetings that he scheduled. The team meetings were on two different days. He blew them off because he was drinking.
                                Then yes, that's an issue. But go to the club, there may be other reasons you don't know about. What does posting on this site do other than make you feel better?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X