X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Letter to Coach Nick

Coach Nick,

I am writing this to express my sincere frustration with what happened this weekend at the Florida ECNL Event. While I realize that this is not the ideal way for me to express my feelings, it does provide me with some protection as i feel a need to get my point across to you without fear that it will ruin my chances of playing soccer in college. All of us on the team have worked so hard to make it this far and play in the ECNL. We have bright futures, which means we have a lot to lose by expressing ourselves. Even so, many of us are really disappointed with the way you conducted yourself this past weekend. Your excessive partying set the wrong example and made us all realize that you are not as committed as many of us are. You can't imagine how disappointing this is to our team, as we have all worked so hard and sacrificed so much. Anyways, I just needed to tell you how some of us felt.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coach Nick,

I am writing this to express my sincere frustration with what happened this weekend at the Florida ECNL Event. While I realize that this is not the ideal way for me to express my feelings, it does provide me with some protection as i feel a need to get my point across to you without fear that it will ruin my chances of playing soccer in college. All of us on the team have worked so hard to make it this far and play in the ECNL. We have bright futures, which means we have a lot to lose by expressing ourselves. Even so, many of us are really disappointed with the way you conducted yourself this past weekend. Your excessive partying set the wrong example and made us all realize that you are not as committed as many of us are. You can't imagine how disappointing this is to our team, as we have all worked so hard and sacrificed so much. Anyways, I just needed to tell you how some of us felt.
    It’s crap like this that shows why Twitter, Facebook et al feel the need to step in...
    And sometimes, rightfully so

Comment

Yeah, let's appeal freedom of speech. Great idea!

Comment

I wish I knew if this letter wa really written by a player. Or was it a parent, competing club or coach. There is no way of knowing if any of this is actually true. I think at this point if it’s true a letter of apology should be sent to the players. But going after someone on TS does nothing.

Comment

Coach Nick,

Written like a Trump University graduate...
          Put it out in public to see how it trends.

Quit, if you’re so bothered.

Comment

I wish I knew if this letter wa really written by a player. Or was it a parent, competing club or coach. There is no way of knowing if any of this is actually true. I think at this point if it’s true a letter of apology should be sent to the players. But going after someone on TS does nothing.
            Doesn’t matter if it’s true.
            Say and repeat enough times and 30 million will think it’s the truth.

How about a letter of apology for inciting an insurrection. That’s TRUE.

Comment

Coach Nick,

TS cowards hiding behind a keyboard. If you have an issue with someone, take it directly to them or their club rather than complain anonymously. If you're just a dik trying to harm someone's reputation, go work for the GOP or something

Comment

Coach Nick,

Well written but next time address him just as "Nick" he lost the privilege to be called "Coach".

Comment

Of course it wasn't written by a player. At best it was written by the parent of a player. At best.

Most likely it was written by an unhappy parent whose kid didn't get the expected playing time after traveling to FL during a pandemic. The coach probably had a few drinks at the hotel bar since they were restricted from going out to a bar and someone was offended that their precious daughter saw their coach having a drink.

Comment

It’s crap like this that shows why Twitter, Facebook et al feel the need to step in...
                    Never rightfully so.

Comment

Wait, what? You are actually encouraging freedom of speech? That's a real thing?

Do you feel the same about coaches who come on here and slam parents? Parents who slam other clubs? Other leagues?

Where do YOU draw the line at what is acceptable and what is not?

Comment

Coach Nick,

What I want to know is how these clubs hold so much power that paying customers are afraid to speak up. In other words, clubs have you all by the balls.

Comment

Wait, what? You are actually encouraging freedom of speech? That's a real thing?

Do you feel the same about coaches who come on here and slam parents? Parents who slam other clubs? Other leagues?

Where do YOU draw the line at what is acceptable and what is not?
                          They’re all “deplorables”

Comment

Coach Nick,

No offense sweetheart, but if you watched how you played in the first two games, it clearly showed you haven't worked at all.

Comment

What I want to know is how these clubs hold so much power that paying customers are afraid to speak up. In other words, clubs have you all by the balls.
                              They don't. Parents are 🐔🐔🐔🐔 and there is no reason to be. You're the customer and deserve a level of service. If you complain and they treat you or your kid badly, leave. There's plenty of options out there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X