Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another desperate OYSA coach spotted. Hard work and commitment aren't the only ingredients for development.

Playing the same 10 teams for your entire youth career is repetitive. Traveling and playing different teams, teams you have never played before and must adjust affords tremendous development while playing under pressure. This is just one example why ECNL is a great option for players seeking the next level and pursuing collegiate soccer opportunities.
    I failed to credit the middle of the night infomercial scriptwriter in my plagiarized posting above. As you can surmise I'm a fan of Joe Biden's methods.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2907045]

OYSA travel teams have placed more girls in high level college soccer than ECNL for the past 4 years at least.
      Plus traveling is really fun for kids and parents.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2908109]

Which is unrelated to our Recreational soccer experience with the US Club platform.

Comment

Playing the same 10 teams for your entire youth career is repetitive. Traveling and playing different teams, teams you have never played before and must adjust affords tremendous development while playing under pressure. This is just one example why ECNL is a great option for players seeking the next level and pursuing collegiate soccer opportunities.
          Exactly, it makes no sense why we play other Oregon HS teams since it tends to be the same 5-6 league opponents our entire HS Career is repetitive for sure. We should be travelling to states on the east coast, florida, texas & arizona every year and never play any Oregon HS teams. Traveling is fun and playing the different HS's from the other states affords tremendous cost and relieves us of the pressure of playing local s HS programs.

These type of higher concept decisions and the rationale to execute our master thinking with enormous spending should never be questioned, as we know what's best with the guidance of our neighborhood soccer bum. Now p1$$ off you to$$er.

Comment

Plus traveling is really fun for coaches and the soccer groupies they meet in the hotel bar.
            Fixed it for you

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2908218]

Fixed it for you
              As a parent, I love traveling with my kids soccer teams. It's fun and exciting to see them compete. Hitting the bar after a long day out in the sun is a bonus.

Comment

My DD really enjoys the travel.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2908258]

As a parent, I love traveling with my kids soccer teams. It's fun and exciting to see them compete. Hitting the bar after a long day out in the sun is a bonus.
                  What a waste of money! Parents traveling to watch their kids play soccer?? That is ludicrous. How much cash are you willing to burn for a game?

When you can't make your rent or buy groceries because you spent your hard earned dough on something so silly, nobody will feel sorry for you.

Do you realize how many hours you have to work at $15/hr to fly to California and stay in a hotel for 5 days? Plus all the food, rental car and gas. That is probably more than 100 hours of hard work to go on one stupid trip. Plus another 70 hours of work to pay for your kid's airfare hotel and food.

Total rip off.

Some of us more smart then that and stay home and buy cheap groceries to streach our benjamins.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2908262]

What a waste of money! Parents traveling to watch their kids play soccer?? That is ludicrous. How much cash are you willing to burn for a game?

When you can't make your rent or buy groceries because you spent your hard earned dough on something so silly, nobody will feel sorry for you.

Do you realize how many hours you have to work at $15/hr to fly to California and stay in a hotel for 5 days? Plus all the food, rental car and gas. That is probably more than 100 hours of hard work to go on one stupid trip. Plus another 70 hours of work to pay for your kid's airfare hotel and food.

Total rip off.

Some of us more smart then that and stay home and buy cheap groceries to streach our benjamins.
                    But that's the whole point of travel soccer, so poors like you can't come.

Did you really think it was about facing better competition? Don't be silly. The white bracket at Surf doesn't have any teams better than what we could find at the Mt. hood challenge. But it's in sunny San Diego normally, which is a lot more fun than driving to Gresham

Comment

100%

It's all about me (parent)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2908259]

My DD really enjoys the travel.
                        She doesn't get why she has to play soccer when the priority is travel...hello

Comment

What a waste of money! Parents traveling to watch their kids play soccer?? That is ludicrous. How much cash are you willing to burn for a game? When you can't make your rent or buy groceries because you spent your hard earned dough on something so silly, nobody will feel sorry for you.Do you realize how many hours you have to work at $15/hr to fly to California and stay in a hotel for 5 days? Plus all the food, rental car and gas. That is probably more than 100 hours of hard work to go on one stupid trip. Plus another 70 hours of work to pay for your kid's airfare hotel and food. Total rip off. Some of us more smart then that and stay home and buy cheap groceries to streach our benjamins.
                          Who signed off on this decree, that in order to travel you need to have your daughter locked up in a hotel for 3 days otherwise travel is not allowed? Sounds like a real team of genius parents that haven't figured out you can travel without forcing the kid to play premier rec soccer on your travel vacation. Sorry you're getting this news so late.

Comment

Total rip off.

Yes sir.

I am saving my money to get a new truck and while you travel soccer parents are puttering around in your junk cars because you spent all your paychecks on traveling, I will be counting my cash and outfitting my self with a new ride. I won't feel sorry for you for a minute.

Comment

You must be loaded if you are staying in hotels that have a bar.

Smart people stay in budget accommodations with vending machines instead of fancy pants bars. Saving up cash.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2908322]

You must be loaded if you are staying in hotels that have a bar.

Smart people stay in budget accommodations with vending machines instead of fancy pants bars. Saving up cash.
                                I yearn for the days when they use to sell ham sandwiches in vending machines. Those were tasty. I have tried buying the ones at the gas station that look like them in the sealed plastic containers and they just aren't the same. Wonderbread with mayo and mustard are the real deal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X