Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yea never thought fictitious characters could be deemed racist, who knew?
    but then again i did see the resemblance between Peppy le Pue and Gov Cuomo 40 years ago- so i guess your are right
    Did you see the pictures deemed racist? Because they actually were this time. I often have my BS meter on but I agree these drawings were inappropriate in today's society. Now, could they have changed the pictures and still published the books? Maybe depending on if the family would agree, or what the contract states. But as the poster said they were not big sellers. The guy has 60 titles out there and they're not all beloved "classics".

This is just not the issue the right is trying to make it - the same group that had freedom fries, banished the Dixie Chicks and Colin Kaperneck, boycotted NASCAR for getting rid of the confederate flag....and that's just a few of the more recent ones. There's much more. The left does it too, what varies are both sides' reasonings behind it.

Comment

Do you have some source to back that claim up? We'll wait. Meanwhile here's two things that kill cons

Higher overall approval ratings than Trump ever did and about 2/3s of all voters approving of his handling of the pandemic https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...mpare-to-trump

Biden's inauguration speech had 1.5M more viewers than Trump's did
      https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/b...tings-cnn.html
      Nope. I made it up.
      But it seems legit.
      Enough to trigger you.
      So it seem’s I was spot on.
      Thanks for confirming.

Comment

The more I think about last night’s speech the more late Soviet it seems: a weary old man offering orders disguised as promises to his subjects, who are either so pathetically frightened they’ll do what he says or too cynical to care.

Comment

The more I think about last night’s speech the more late Soviet it seems: a weary old man offering orders disguised as promises to his subjects, who are either so pathetically frightened they’ll do what he says or too cynical to care.
          What’s more pathetic is that countless celebrities were fawning and crying over how wonderful it is to have him as president. No different than people who worship Trump. Just goes to show we’re hardwired to be religious. It’s just a matter of how it manifests.

Comment

Nope. I made it up.
            But it seems legit.
            Enough to trigger you.
            So it seem’s I was spot on.
            Thanks for confirming.
            Not triggered. Just calling out the bullshyte when I see it. If cons would post facts instead of making stuff up the discussions would have some merit.

Comment

“Obey all my commands and maybe I’ll give you permission to enjoy time with your family again some day” is among the most obscene and totalitarian lunacy spewed by an American President in living memory

Comment

Did you see the pictures deemed racist? Because they actually were this time. I often have my BS meter on but I agree these drawings were inappropriate in today's society. Now, could they have changed the pictures and still published the books? Maybe depending on if the family would agree, or what the contract states. But as the poster said they were not big sellers. The guy has 60 titles out there and they're not all beloved "classics".

This is just not the issue the right is trying to make it - the same group that had freedom fries, banished the Dixie Chicks and Colin Kaperneck, boycotted NASCAR for getting rid of the confederate flag....and that's just a few of the more recent ones. There's much more. The left does it too, what varies are both sides' reasonings behind it.
                the difference is the right didnt ban the dixie chicks- they are still out there making music , people just decided to not buy their stuff or go to their concerts- no one said they cant do their jobs
                Colin Kapernek is still doing what he is doing- protesting- people just stopped watching and buying merch- the fact that no NFL team wants to sign him is a NFL thing
                again if you choose to alienate your entire purchasing base (NASCAR) expect to have to create a new fan base-
                people are allowed to make decisions on where they use their disposable income, they dont have to go out of their way to make sure to ruin someone's livelyhood

the dr seuss thing was the lefts " jumping the shark" moment- its absurd and cheapens the whole movement- kinda like calling everyone who disagrees a racist or a Nazi

Comment

half the country sold their souls for $1400- they dont care as long as they got the check

this country will be in far worse shape in 2024 than it is right now, because of the lefts agendas
                  and the republicans are spineless

Comment

NeverTrumpers thought that was a great speech.

They also think their wives are at spin class right now.

Comment

NeverTrumpers thought that was a great speech.

They also think their wives are at spin class right now.
                      the NEVER TRUMPERS are the most despicable of the bunch
                      they Fd the country over personality not policy- i have more respect for AOC
                      she may be incredibly wrong about everything but at least she actually believes what she says is true

Comment

the difference is the right didnt ban the dixie chicks- they are still out there making music , people just decided to not buy their stuff or go to their concerts- no one said they cant do their jobs
                        Colin Kapernek is still doing what he is doing- protesting- people just stopped watching and buying merch- the fact that no NFL team wants to sign him is a NFL thing
                        again if you choose to alienate your entire purchasing base (NASCAR) expect to have to create a new fan base-
                        people are allowed to make decisions on where they use their disposable income, they dont have to go out of their way to make sure to ruin someone's livelyhood

the dr seuss thing was the lefts " jumping the shark" moment- its absurd and cheapens the whole movement- kinda like calling everyone who disagrees a racist or a Nazi
                        There were no protests to stop publishing these (poorly selling) books. The stop order came very much out of the blue by the publisher and family trust. The only one having the vapors over it is the right.

Comment

the NEVER TRUMPERS are the most despicable of the bunch
                          they Fd the country over personality not policy- i have more respect for AOC
                          she may be incredibly wrong about everything but at least she actually believes what she says is true
                          There are a ton of them. Appearance over substance is their value system.
                          It is like the mask.
                          Wearing one says you care
                          Except the mask actually increases viral infections
                          Cutting off your nose despite your face

Comment

There are a ton of them. Appearance over substance is their value system.
                            It is like the mask.
                            Wearing one says you care
                            Except the mask actually increases viral infections
                            Cutting off your nose despite your face
                            Oh I'd love to see the "science " that masks increase viral infections

Comment

Oh I'd love to see the "science " that masks increase viral infections
                              Mask nebulize virus making it airborne.

Comment

What do you know. I agree with AOC.
                                I guess he’ll is freezing over.

“After two accounts of sexual assault, four accounts of harassment, the Attorney General’s investigation finding the Governor’s admin hid nursing home data from the legislature & public, we agree with the 55+ members of the New York State legislature that the Governor must resign.”

BTW- I told you how poorly Cuomo was doing with pandemic last April. Just took 9 months for society to catch up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X