Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delayed Spring Season Superliga and Clubs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Spring Season Superliga and Clubs?

Just read on Mass boards that the plan is too delay the start of the spring games to May 1, ending July 3. This will give time for vaccines to be distributed, and mask mandate for players should be gone according to Bidens 100 day mask mandate plan. So if clubs are going this route, will the towns, Superliga? Probably a good idea as so many games are rained out in early spring and fields get trashed. Can the town teams though still practice in March-May since our kids will be a bit out of shape from not playing since October? (I know I know some of the players are club and are fine, but not everyone.)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just read on Mass boards that the plan is too delay the start of the spring games to May 1, ending July 3. This will give time for vaccines to be distributed, and mask mandate for players should be gone according to Bidens 100 day mask mandate plan. So if clubs are going this route, will the towns, Superliga? Probably a good idea as so many games are rained out in early spring and fields get trashed. Can the town teams though still practice in March-May since our kids will be a bit out of shape from not playing since October? (I know I know some of the players are club and are fine, but not everyone.)
    The latest that I have heard is that the Superliga will start season mid-April. As usual with Covid that is very uncertain

Comment

The latest that I have heard is that the Superliga will start season mid-April. As usual with Covid that is very uncertain
      There is a.count down to the start of the season on thr NEP website. Thrbinof on the Mass site is likely trash, as most of TS.

Comment

I know nothing about club start dates but the towns are uncertain who will participate in Superliga this spring. Not all the towns are sure they feel safe playing towns with higher positivity numbers. I am not sure it's going to work out this Spring with the town competitive travel programs. If you have town like South Kingstown unwilling to play Pawtucket because the numbers are a big difference, what do you do? Does anyone know anything? I can see towns not wanting to have another season like the fall in which it was basically rec soccer, mixing up kids from one town, that is not fun or competitive. The kids need to travel and play good competition, but they don't want to risk exposing towns all over the state, so are we just competing with neighboring towns? ie Prov, East Prov/ Lincoln, North Smithfield, Portsmouth, Middletown, Tiverton, / Bristol, Barrington... how do we fo this safely.?

Comment

Nobody cares about town soccer?

Comment

Nobody is worried about catching covid playing soccer. Superliga will be fine.

Comment

Ok so if nobody is worried about getting Covid from soccer, why didn’t we have a real fall Superliga season? Numbers were actually better then? Why are club teams practicing in masks? When nobody played soccer in masks over the summer and early fall? I think people are more worried about Covid exposure now than in the fall and we didn’t get a real fall. Soooo what’s the plans for towns playing towns? Some towns participate and others organize their own games?

Comment

Ok so if nobody is worried about getting Covid from soccer, why didn’t we have a real fall Superliga season? Numbers were actually better then? Why are club teams practicing in masks? When nobody played soccer in masks over the summer and early fall? I think people are more worried about Covid exposure now than in the fall and we didn’t get a real fall. Soooo what’s the plans for towns playing towns? Some towns participate and others organize their own games?

We have been training/scrimmaging 3-6 days a week since May. This thing is going to last all of 2021. If your town is telling you no soccer until possibly Spring outdoor, Dad, get your team together and setup scrimmages. It's a small state, very easy to contact other "town" teams and setup a game.

Comment

We have been training/scrimmaging 3-6 days a week since May. This thing is going to last all of 2021. If your town is telling you no soccer until possibly Spring outdoor, Dad, get your team together and setup scrimmages. It's a small state, very easy to contact other "town" teams and setup a game.
                  Which town has been scrimmaging 3-6 days since May?! I doubt it!

Comment

Which town has been scrimmaging 3-6 days since May?! I doubt it!

TRAINING/scrimmaging. Obviously not scrimmaging 3-6 per week. But yes, us mom's/dad's have set this up for months now, I suggest you do the same, or keep letting your town dictate your children's life activities. Not all soccer 3-6 days. Exercise groups, running, be creative. Always good to keep the kids moving.

Comment

Nobody is worried about catching covid playing soccer. Superliga will be fine.
                      Unfortunately, there seem to be plenty of parents who are still locked in the house and wrapping their kids in bubble wrap. I solicited my team's parents to see if they'd be in for an indoor season if things ease up and Wide World has a league like they're trying to do. I have three club players on my team. Those parents were the only ones who said they'd be in. I do have a couple who prefer to ski on winter weekends, but otherwise the answer has been "teh rona!!!"

Comment

Unfortunately, there seem to be plenty of parents who are still locked in the house and wrapping their kids in bubble wrap. I solicited my team's parents to see if they'd be in for an indoor season if things ease up and Wide World has a league like they're trying to do. I have three club players on my team. Those parents were the only ones who said they'd be in. I do have a couple who prefer to ski on winter weekends, but otherwise the answer has been "teh rona!!!"
                        We are from WFF. Looking to put are child into club. As we are anal, we are researching extensively as best we can. This sight has some semi good info when considering the bs.
                        We like that Bayside aspires to higher leagues and is mature. It appears from reading..... surf while fully is not vetted , they play in edp which RI seems like a satelite destination and will not get seriuos respect from the metro area, the driving also seems to be a problem passed Hartford. Also not desirable that surf aspires to play in town leagues like superliga, thats what we are moving on from.
                        So, we are leaning toward bayside as Ma clubs are a bit of a drive.

Comment

We are from WFF. Looking to put are child into club. As we are anal, we are researching extensively as best we can. This sight has some semi good info when considering the bs.
                          We like that Bayside aspires to higher leagues and is mature. It appears from reading..... surf while fully is not vetted , they play in edp which RI seems like a satelite destination and will not get seriuos respect from the metro area, the driving also seems to be a problem passed Hartford. Also not desirable that surf aspires to play in town leagues like superliga, thats what we are moving on from.
                          So, we are leaning toward bayside as Ma clubs are a bit of a drive.
                          Either your are stupid or a troll. At WWF kids either go to Bruno or Baysidefc. Plenty of people in your organization to ask . You don't need to come here and start a fake debate.

Comment

Either your are stupid or a troll. At WWF kids either go to Bruno or Baysidefc. Plenty of people in your organization to ask . You don't need to come here and start a fake debate.
                            Thank you for the words, a bit harsh but this is ts. I think we are on the same page. It has been a bit hard this year personally connecting with other WFF parents but we have. Going forward, Bayside has the best upside with the turf field ownership and better league play.

By the way, we love Bruno for what they have brought to Warwick from a soccer sandpoint but more importantly a community aspect.

Comment

Thank you for the words, a bit harsh but this is ts. I think we are on the same page. It has been a bit hard this year personally connecting with other WFF parents but we have. Going forward, Bayside has the best upside with the turf field ownership and better league play.

By the way, we love Bruno for what they have brought to Warwick from a soccer sandpoint but more importantly a community aspect.
                              Bruno is run by great people doing great things. They are not as well established as Bayside, but I have a lot of respect for them. Good coaches, good people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X